It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:17 am 
Mew

Ok guys, the RP board is a bit of a mess right now and we really should straighten it out a bit. For starters, let's take a look at what RPs are active and which are inactive. ((Myself and any other RP playing mods can keep an eye on things and update this list accordingly.))

NOTE: List maintained by Josiah and Artemis. Please post here if you'd like to petition for the re-opening of a locked RP.

Updated as of April 27th 2011.

New:
none

Active:
Azuri [4/15]
Saber Knight Saga [4/15]

Semi-Active:
none

Inactive:
none

All But Dead:
The Super Leagues [2/3]

Has Been Locked:
Crystalline Magic [1/18]

So what's the point? Well, we've got new RPs and we've got active RPs, those are fine. The semi-active ones are ok but should try to pick up the pace to avoid becoming inactive. Now, it's the inactive and all but dead RPs that are the problem. There's just way two many of them sitting there. If poeple aren't going to post they really should be locked.

So, here's what this thread is for. Now, at this point I'm ready to start locking the all but bead RPs and the inactive ones aren't far behind. But, I'm giving all the players (myself included) a chance to save the RPs. This thread can be used for discussions on which RPs can and/or should be saved (including how to do it) and which ones no one cares about.

Here's a few tips for saving old RPs.
1. Get people posting again! Naturally, the more people the better. Bug them, PM them, IM them, etc.
2. If most of the players are MIA/uninterested/etc, it might be better to just let the RP die. However, depending on the RP, you might be able to save it by dropping old characters and letting new ones join. Naturally, that's something remaining players should discuss themselves.
3. If you're stuck at a dull point in an RP try throwing in a plot twist and see if that stirs up some interest and a desire to post.
4. If the RP's leader has stopped playing you'll either need to convince him/her to return or decide on a new leader (or even switch to a more free for all approach).
5. If you're having trouble posting just do something. Look around, react to what's going on, have a conversation with other characters, just do something to keep youself in character and keep the RP alive, the cool stuff will come back sooner or later.

So, let's hear what everyone thinks.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Last edited by Josiah on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:52 am 
Pokémon Master

on behalf on "Futurama," I must say one thing.

Please post there! If I just put "The next day" it'l get real boring, real fast, because I will just keep doing that every time a new day begins

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:59 am 
Pokémon Legend

You can lock up "A day at the beach" thread. NO ones going to post there

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:53 am 
Pokémon Master

I've been meaning to post in Digimon and Swords of Legend. Which I will go and do right now. *scurries.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:35 pm 
Gym Leader

Just Starting
Magic the Gathering - I'll probably start tonight sometime.

Active RPs
Kingdom Hearts - Waitin for others to post.
Bleach - Eh, maybe I'll post tonight.

Semi Active
Starwars - Been waitin for Stevenson to post
Unknown Nothingness - Uh, I might check that tonight too.
AROM 2 - I think this one is slowly dieing, despite Silver's revive attempts.

Inactive
Call of Origin - Was kind of hoping Simeon would post... maybe...
Swords of Legend - Eh, we'll see.
Avatar - I think this one is pretty much dead too.
FMA - We'll see.
The World - Uh...

All But Dead
Polar - Yeah, I've pretty much dropped out
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - ... Right.
APM - ... Same
Medabots

I am the artist formerly known as Matrix Kirby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:27 pm 
Pokémon Master

I had to drop out of everything during the summer because I was too busy. Now that school is starting and I'll have more time for the computer, I'll probably create ONE new role play and stick to it.
I would re-start Polar, but to tell you the truth J, you...kinda ruined it for me XD I disliked your character :P It's the truth! I tried to go one way, and you were goin the other way, and I'm like 'wtf? I created this! Let me control this plot!' Maybe you weren't, but that was the vibe I was getting.

I am unable to re-join any, but I'll create ONE new own which will be Harry Potter (I CALL DIBS! SHOTGUN! PATTENED!) and I'll stick with that. I might join MK's Magic, but I said I'll do that after it goes running for a little bit.

I'll also be more active in ROM -crosses fingers-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:37 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Semi Active
Unknown Nothingness - This RP's had its rough spots, but I get the feeling it'll never really be dead...
AROM 2 - I WILL keep this alive! Believe it! Aaand I won't say 'Believe it' ever again.

Inactive
Orre League - What do you mean, inactive?! The Orre Leauge is the pinacle of postings and activeness and... All right, I'll get this one moving again. Somehow.
Call of Origin - Yeah, um, you remember Simeon? You know, former active RPer that now only posts in ROM once in a blue moon? We, uh... we could use his help here. Even if his character IS dead. He had pretty much taken complete control of everything.
Avatar - Well, I tried to revive it, but...
Earth's Treasures - Darn it, Opal! If you're gonna start a roleplay, post in it every now and then!
FMA - As Risembool Ranger it is my obligation to keep this roleplay alive!
The World - We could probably use more people in this one... it's never really seen much activity...
Ouran High School - To be honest? I gave up on this one as soon as Abel and Vincent Valentine joined. I like Ouran and all, but... they were just so n00bish! I couldn't take it!

All But Dead
Polar - We'd need to ask Opal if she has any plans of continuing...
Oddball Super Heroes - She has a whole bunch of roleplays, but she's hardly ever around any more.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Shauni seems to have forgotten about it, and Simeon, who had taken control at first, hasn't posted anywhere but ROM in months. I think it's safe to say it's dead, unless Shauni wants to post.
Dragon Wars - I haven't seen Neo since the King of the Forums contest. It's dead.
APM - It's Opal's call, but it seems pretty hopeless to me.
Medabots - I've been trying to post every once in a while, but...
Martial Arts Madness - Well, we certainly don't need Madness AND Insanity, do we?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:32 pm 
Random Trainer

Active RPs
Bleach - I get the feeling I post in here too much, so I try giving the others chances to post. I'll probably post sometime today though.

Semi Active (Have been posted in a recently but not often or hasn't been posted in for a short period of time.)
Unknown Nothingness - I like this roleplay. I just don't feel like it's 'my turn' yet. I'll go check on it.
AROM 2 - I sorta ditched it, and now I'm sorta regretting it. :/

Inactive
Call of Origin - Uh, yeah...I still like this one. Since Simeon sorta went missing, however...@.@

All But Dead
Oddball Super Heroes - *pokes Opal*

Gee, looking at my list makes me realize just how many RPs I dropped out of (New Dawn, Orre League, Polar, Mystery Dungeon).

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:33 pm 
Random Trainer

Just Starting
Magic the Gathering - Intend to post when it's started.
Utena - Waiting on Silver, Stevenson, and Marley to post.

Active RPs
Kingdom Hearts - Intend to post in soon.
Bleach - Definitely want to keep.

Semi Active
Naruto - Hmm, I think it might be my turn...
Starwars - Also waiting on Stevenson.
Unknown Nothingness - Waiting on others to post, would die if it was locked.

Inactive
Swords of Legend - I think I'm dropping out of it. Yeah, I am.
FMA - Waiting on MK to post.
The World - I don't mind it being shut down.
Ouran High School - I don't mind it being shut down.

ImageImage
If you haven't guessed as much, I used to be Artemis around these parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:13 am 
Mew

Ok based on your feedback I'm locking:
Martial Arts Madness
APM
A Day at the Beach
Ouran

More might follow. For now here's my comments on a couple others.

Polar: I wasn't trying to take it over per say, my character just didn't want to hang out with the others and go along with whatever they wanted. Especially when that involved waltzing up and attacking someone who would probably kill them all. I wouldn't mind keeping it going with or without Opal (not sure if I want to lead or not, maybe it could work without a formal leader) but only if enough people are interested. So, comments?

Oddball Super Heroes: Since Opal doesn't seem interested in rejoining, it needs a new leader. If the players are still interested I wouldn't mind taking over. That ok or would you guys rather it died?

Earth's Treasures: Is this going to go anywhere or can I kill it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:34 am 
Random Trainer

I'm okay with it.

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:47 am 
Random Trainer

BionicleMandi121 wrote:
Active RPs
Bleach - I get the feeling I post in here too much, so I try giving the others chances to post. I'll probably post sometime today though.

Semi Active (Have been posted in a recently but not often or hasn't been posted in for a short period of time.)
Unknown Nothingness - I like this roleplay. I just don't feel like it's 'my turn' yet. I'll go check on it.
AROM 2 - I sorta ditched it, and now I'm sorta regretting it. :/

Inactive
Call of Origin - Uh, yeah...I still like this one. Since Simeon sorta went missing, however...@.@

All But Dead
Oddball Super Heroes - *pokes Opal*

Gee, looking at my list makes me realize just how many RPs I dropped out of (New Dawn, Orre League, Polar, Mystery Dungeon).

Well mandi... I really liked Call of Origin as well... it's my creation and it sorta got taken over *sigh*

If some of the others like Silver and MK wanna try and revive then i'm good with that. We should really try and revive it, however if not.... too bad. Then again, we could do a remake of it... like people did with ROM.

Furthermore, I think that the RPers that joined after the time of Call of Origin might enjoy it, the concept was good I reakon. Artemis might want to join, Blastoise would jump at it... but ya you get my drift, people woud join if invited I think.

So what does people want to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:52 am 
Mew

I haven't read CoO for a while but it seems like you guys could potentially be near the end. If so, the remaining players could work together to make and ending and give it a proper finish.
Or, if it's not the right time for a true end, maybe you could make an end... You know, like the end of the first story arc. Then you could start a new CoO 2 which could remove inactive players and give new players a chance to join. I mean, there's four ROMs so I don't see why there couldn't be a CoO 2 if you can find a good spot to break it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:53 am 
Random Trainer

Yeah, we just need to give Simeon a decent burial and heal everyone, then find some excuse to split up.

Then if we decide to continue, we just drop other characters.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:35 am 
Pokémon Master

Semi Active
AROM 2: I will keep this alive mark my words. Even if it ends up that me and Silver are the only ones even posting, I WILL KEEP THIS ALIVE!!!

Inactive (Have not been posted in for a while.)
Orre League: Been waiting for everyone else to finish up.
Summon Night: I'm really indifferent to this one, and my characters haven't really done much either. I'm thinking about dropping out.
Futurama: Yeah, this hasn't really gone as expected either...
Swords of Legend: If this died, I really wouldn't care all that much.

All But Dead (Haven't been posted in for ages.)
Digimon: Currently attempting to revive.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next