It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pokémon X/Y
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:09 pm 
Mew

It's been officially confirmed. English name is Sylveon. The type hasn't been revealed though.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:18 am 
Articuno

I knew it was real, and I love the English name

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:15 am 
Articuno

This link I found on DA to a thread, or screen shots of a thread, on someone leaking information about Pokemon X and Y. I don't know how legit it is but there is info on confirmed pokemon so it may be. If some of the pokemon descriptions are true they sound really cool.

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1361861710454.png

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:30 am 
Gym Leader

So Kaida's oppinion on X and Y:

Holy Fudge Crackers! I claim Fennekin. It is mine an it shall be my Fennekin. And the Deer looks so magestic and pretty and makes me think of Bambie.

And then theres Sylveon. First I go "OMG its a pink eevee I want. . . wait but that means I'll need to get another plushhie. Stop making me spend money dangit nintendo! Wh you do this!"

So in other words I'm liking it so far. It's not my ideal 3D games with all the regions combined, But it is 3D so thats a step in the right direction.

Also he other starters, froakies kindda cute/awesome in a strange misture. and Chespin looks like a redone Osshawatt atm.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:48 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Kaida wrote:
So in other words I'm liking it so far. It's not my ideal 3D games with all the regions combined, But it is 3D so thats a step in the right direction.

What's wrong with sprites, huh? The B/W ones looked fantastic though. But besides that... it's pretty much video game law that sprites age better than models. Twenty years from now, when we've got super high quality realistic models for everything, what's going to hold up better? Character models that, when compared to current day graphics look polygonal and poorly textured, or games made in a completely different style? Sprites don't suffer nearly as much from the blurring and pixelation that occurs when you play a low resolution game on a higher resolution screen, either.

I mean, go back and look at Pokemon Colosseum. It looks terrible by today's standards, doesn't it? It's poorly animated and Electrode looks like a dodecahedron instead of a sphere... but compare it to Emerald version. The animations may not be that great, but it's not nearly as noticeable as it is in Colosseum. And besides that, Electrode still looks round. Objectively, his 3rd gen sprite looks better than his 3rd gen model.

Honestly? In today's games, using 3D models is easier. It's the lazy way to design games. Modern sprites take more effort to make than models... like, have you seen Skullgirls? Looks much better than any 3D models I've ever seen, especially at high resolutions. And we've had modern games that imitate a retro style that look pretty good too, like this Scott Pilgrim here. The point is, 3D is not automatically a step up from Sprites. In fact, in many cases, it's a step down.

I'm just relieved that they're using a cell shaded style. If this game just looked like the Pokedex 3D, I don't know if I'd even be able to play it. They... don't really look that good... and they definitely won't look good five years from now. But the cell shading has more style to it - it's more artistic, I guess. What we've seen so far looks great, and has a similar feel to the sprited games in terms of shading and coloring, which the Pokedex 3D models lack. But it still lets them play around with the camera more easily than they can with sprites.

Also, I wouldn't put too much stock in anything posted on 4chan... though, I mean, I've been wrong before. Those Tiger and Bunny spoilers seemed so obviously fake...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:11 pm 
Mew

Sprites do age better in general, but 3D can age well if it's stylized. I do like sprites (and games like Skull Girls and Blazblue are great examples of how amazing they can look) but X/Y looks decent, though I think the 3DS can do better (see KH Dream Drop Distance). It would be nice if they actually use the 3D to change up the gameplay a bit, though that's probably expecting too much. Honestly, I'll be happy if they finally update the Gameboy era sound effects...

I would like to note though that 3D isn't easy to do. It's a lot of work, especially if you've got a bunch of character with totally different body types, like the pokémon.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:28 pm 
Gym Leader

I actually like the sprites and will miss them. And honestly I think I'd prefer the ds games to stay with the sprits. I have however always wanted a 3D (and I don't mean 3D as in; I'm going to go see a movie in 3D, I mean 3D as in 3-dimentional shapes instead of 2D) game, simply because I've wanted to see how it would be done and wether it'd be as good as it in in my imagination. Then I also want it to have the capability to travel to all the regions, and a customizable character would be awesome too. . . I am well aware that this would most likely never happen, or at least a game that compiles all the reagions. It would have too much content and after the first region the rest would seen a bit repetative/boring unless they force you to change your team. . . But one that has a customizable character isn't too out there is it?

Also I have never been to 4chan, what I know, I know from serebii, and they don't normally repeat rumours. Although I don't know if what they put up they get from 4chan or elsewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:08 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

In regards to Sylveon, my Latin education indicates that it would be a grass type, as sylva is Latin for forest, but...

what if...it was a light type?

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:26 am 
Gym Leader

Stevenson wrote:
In regards to Sylveon, my Latin education indicates that it would be a grass type, as sylva is Latin for forest, but...

what if...it was a light type?

From what I understand, Sylveon is based of Sylph, (ninfia, nymph) which is a fairy-like creatur of the forest/air depending on which you go by. think it'll be flying, maybe bug, light would be entirly awesome.

Also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iKlxVZVjc8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:20 am 
Articuno

Japanese variety show, Pokémon Smash has just aired and has shown that there will be a new Pokémon revealed during the episode next week. It's not currently known what the contents of this will be, but the trailer showcases a clip from X & Y with a Pokémon blanked out, confirmed to be a new Pokémon

However, if this little girls reaction here is anything to go off, it may be one weird ass pokemon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHiHpa77 ... e=youtu.be

I think the show is to air on the 7th April.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:41 am 
Articuno

I have a horrible feeling that the "new" pokemon may be an evolution/ new form of Mewtwo

http://krocf4.deviantart.com/art/Mewtwo ... -363336064

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:00 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I have a great feeling that, based on when we got the images, it's an April Fool's joke.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:58 am 
Articuno

God I hope so, but to be fair, people though the new eeveelution was a fake.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:05 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

I certainly don't think that it's the evolved Mewtwo, but...what if the metaplot of pokemon is actually advancing and people are trying to clone Mew again?

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:46 am 
Articuno

Quote:
what if the metaplot of pokemon is actually advancing and people are trying to clone Mew again

It is a screen/ poster from the next movie with Genesect, so it is probs the original Mewtwo, if it is real. So Mewtwo will either evolve or form change. I do however like the idea of more clones and things, but its still pretty odd looking. I'm getting used to the idea though, so its growing on me a little.

Go to ROM the Comic

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next