It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:35 am 
Gym Leader

Hmm, maybe I'll try something a little bit farther along in the summer time. We'll see (force people *evil rubbing of hands*) if we can get interest.

I am the artist formerly known as Matrix Kirby.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:24 am 
Gym Leader

Ok so its been a year since I posted the previous post, and I see nothing. Disappointed.

SO We're going to try this again. Who would be interested in starting a new RP? At the moment, I don't have any ideas for one, BUT if there was interest in one, I would come up with one. So c'mon folks, step up, lets get this section booming again!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:35 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Definitely up for RP-ing! I'd rather not run one, though, because I don't think I quite have the time for that. I'll think about some potential ideas.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:24 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Whatever happened to the Saber Knight Saga?

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:19 pm 
Pokémon Legend

I dunno, I guess I could try to kick it back up again? I'm really bad at keeping things going once I've thrown in a lot of plot stuff that I've been excited about for a while. I now just wanna skip to the next part I'm excited about BUT I'M SO BAD AT TRANSITIONING GORRAM IT

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:20 pm 
Mew

I could probably make time for a RP in the near future.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:57 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I can't, but I would force myself to anyway because I don't want to be left out.

That said... what would you guys think about doing that ROM reboot we always said we would? Screw finishing the first one, we don't need to worry about that. Just a good old fashioned, make it up as you go, fantasy monster raising role play.

If we're gonna go for this, I would like to insist that we have one major rule...

NOBODY MAKE ANY FREAKING PLANS FOR LATER PLOT POINTS.

It is NOT that hard to keep a story moving without setting up subplots that people will have to worry every post about ruining. We keep it simple, and make it so that anyone can advance the story without having to clear it with someone else first. Like we did back then!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:37 pm 
Mew

I will finish ROM 4 someday...

That aside, I'd be up for it. And, while elaborate pre-planned plots were fun, they were also the downfall of a lot of our RPs. A free for all would be a nice change.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:58 am 
Gym Leader

I'd be up for joining. That, and I'm still working on an RP, I've got ideas in motion.

Also, I don't mean to raise anyone's hopes, but I've found Simeon, and I'm thinking of trying to get him to come back.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:21 pm 
Gym Leader

DOUBLE POST (I am amazing, I know this.)

All right, I've still got a few more kinks to work out on it, but I want to see if there is any interest in it. At the moment, I've got an idea for a fairly-futuristic, original RP. Name is a WIP. Essentially, society has begun to really advance, such as normal futuristic stuff, such as transporters, floating cars and the such, but also 'cybernetic' implants and enhancements, that, after having have been around, have become fairly affordable to all. The implants and enhancements range widely, such as arm enhancements that increase your strength 3fold, or implants with interchangeable slots that grant you different knowledges, such as the knowledge of being a blacksmith, etc. etc.

But there are still some people who refuse any sort of implants, be it for personal or other reasons. This leads to various acts of rebellion/terrorism. As far as the eventual plot, I have a beginning, a middle, and an end plan, but if some were wanting to have their own plots to fulfill, that would be fine.

Anyways... would there be any interest in this, or shall I stop planning on it?

Last edited by Prancing Mad on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:24 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

You can't just throw around a term like 'advanced' rp and not expect to have to elaborate some.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:35 pm 
Gym Leader

Actually I just cut most of it out. I sounded pretentious on second glance.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:04 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

I'm actually really enjoying running Forum Wars, and I was wondering if anybody would be up for yet another new RP, or even several? I've got tons of ideas, you see, and this is a good outlet, I suppose.

So, would anybody object to more RPs, or is Forum Wars enough for now, and I shouldn't get too ahead of myself?

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:28 pm 
Mew

I'd consider joining, depending what it is and how busy I am at the time. Speaking of Forum Wars, I should post soon if no one else on my team does so...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:34 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

So, I have an important question. What would be the general reaction if I wanted to run an actual game of an actual rpg here? Or even on another site, but with you guys? I'm thinking probably Pathfinder, because all of the info is online, but I'm open to things. What are thoughts on if that could even be viable?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next