It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:57 pm 
Egg

If you'e like me, than you know trick-o-treating isn't half the fun of Halloween.

My favorite part is watching scary movies late at night. Most specifically slasher films, since it's just so fun to watch how stupid the victims are, especially in the old old ones.

So if you're like me and watch movies on Halloween, what have you watched in the past and what do you plan on watching this year?

It could even be a show or short movie if that's what you like.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:19 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Looking forward to Disney reruns of Hocus Pocus.

...What? I'm not joking... that movie was awesome. Seriously, I'm not much one for horror movies... they all just kind of seem the same to me. Though, I guess I'm just going by trailers and reviews, since the only one I've ever really watched was Jaws...

If that counts.

So yeah, Hocus Pocus. Also will be continuing to watch teh Harry Potter movies.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:06 am 
Pokémon Master

Anything that has "Haloween Special" in it. My favorite being Charlie Brown's.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:43 pm 
Mew

Probably the same things I watch normally. I don't really do Halloween and I never liked horror movies (I prefer stuff that's funny and/or has a good story and they tend to strike out on both counts) so yeah. About the most halloweeny thing I ever did on Halloween was play through the Halloween Town sections of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, and that was sheer coincidence.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:15 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Silver wrote:
Seriously, I'm not much one for horror movies... they all just kind of seem the same to me. Though, I guess I'm just going by trailers and reviews, since the only one I've ever really watched was Jaws...

I agree on that point. I don't watch too many horror movies... but the ones I have watched just seem all the same to me. Them and disaster movies. I'm pretty sure all disaster movies follow a format... I sit there predicting what will happen next, I'm right, my friends are like "dude!" when they're the ones that have seen it already.

A-Anywho, a couple years ago we watched Young Frankenstein on Halloween... that was surely fun. I dunno about this year, there's not usually a movie we watch or anything... Wow, I just remembered I hadn't seen any commercials for all the Disney Halloween movies they have, then I realzied the reason for that was 'cos I don't watch TV anymore. Oh yeah.

So, yeah, not real plans to watch anything... no plans at all, for that matter.... er.... yeah.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:54 pm 
Gym Leader

I'm not a big fan of horror movies either, I've seen Slither (Not quite sure if thats horror because I found it quite comical) and a few others, Wolf's Creek comes to mind... I'm sorry but I find it hard to take a movie seriously when a character gets attacked by a possesed deer, thats obviously fake. They could have at least made it look real. I went and saw it with a friend and my sister, and we saw it because it had Nathan Fillion in it. Yes we we're the three sitting in the cinema laughing while other people were screaming. Yeah that's our sadistic sence of humour kicking in, don't know where my friend got it from, maybe from hanging around with me to much. My sister and I, who knows, probably growing up down the street from a graveyard had summat to do with it.

Ahem, anyways I have no idea what I'll be watching, probably what ever anime series I'm working my way through. Halloween isn't big here, still getting more popular with the kids, probably due to the teachers and commecialization.
Although that could be a problem, theres quite a few kids in my area, maybe I should put a sign up since we'll be asleep when their running around doing this whole "trick or treat" thing. Maybe I should have some apples around too for anyone who ignores the sign...

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:13 pm 
Pokémon Master

On Saturday night a bunch of my friends and I are going to purchase a crap-ton of candy and eat it whilst watching Shaun of the Dead and Army of Darkness. In addition, I feel indescribable joy that Saw 3D is going to finally be the last film in that mess they call a movie series.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:08 pm 
Mew

If Halloween is Sunday, do people trick-or-treat Sunday night or Saturday night? I never did it so I can never remember...

I did, however, remember the one Halloweeny thing I'll definately be doing on Halloween, the Guild Wars Halloween event. Gotta get my special hats and all... And in the off-chance that I actually have a lot of free time that day (could happen, but probably not) I may try and marathon my way through Costume Quest (purchased primarily because I love Tim Schafer's stuff).

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]