It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rate Winters team!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:22 am 
Gym Leader

Ok, my post might not be as long or as detailed as Metals, but here's the team I plan on using (still working out the bugs though, expect updates!):
Glaceon (*Gasp* No D'uh :P)
Ability:
Her stats: (not ev's, stats)
Level: 85
HP: 219
Att: 136 (Dang that's lower than I thought o.o;)
Def: 251
Spa: 204
Spd: 161 (This too o.o;;)
Speed: 153 (And this one too?! Atleast the other are abnormally higher...)
~
Moves:
Shadow Ball - Ghost
Last Resort - Normal
Blizzard - Ice
Hail - Ice

Typhlosion
His stats: (not ev's, stats)
Ability: Blaze
Level: 87
HP: 267
Att: 217
Def: 150
Spa: 231
Spd: 179
Speed: 219
~
Moves:
Double-Edge - Normal
Blast Burn - Fire
Earthquake - Ground
Shadow Claw - Ghost

Ampharos
Ability: Static
Level: 80
HP: 269
Att: 172
Def: 169
Spa: 210
Spd: 158
Speed: 129
~
Moves:
Thunder -Electric
Rain Dance - Water
Power Gem - Rock
Fire Punch - Grass. Yup. <.<

Staraptor - Flying/Normal
Ability: Keen Eye
Level: 80
HP:
Att:
Def:
Spa:
Spd:
Speed:
~
Moves:

Dragonite
Ability: Inner Focus
Level: 85
HP: 295
Att: 249
Def: 190
Spa: 209
Spd: 218
Speed: 176
~
Moves:
Fire Punch - Ghost. Mhmm. <.<
Dragon Rush - Dragon
Aqua Tail - Water
Draco Meteor - Dragon

Alakazam
Ability: Inner Focus
H stats: (not ev's, stats)
Level: 82
HP:
Att:
Def:
Spa:
Spd:
Speed:
~
Moves:

So rate my team! Tell me if I should add or remove anything!
Oh, they all are holding plates of their main type, so yea.

Last edited by Winters Rage on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Rate Winters team!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:24 pm 
Mew

While your pokémon choices aren't too bad, your moves need work. Glaceon doesn't need three different ice attacks, Typhlosion doesn't need three fire attacks, etc. Keep one or two at most and replace the others with moves that allow them to hit hard against pokémon of other types.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:27 pm 
Pokémon Master

I may also add Pigeot doesn't need Twister. Whether it be super effective on another Pokemon, Pigeot's poor special attack will only allow it to do 15% damage at the most. No STAB will bring it down more.

I would teach Typhlosion, instead of Double-Edge, maybe Focus Blast. It will hit other Pokemon harder.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:42 pm 
Gym Leader

Like I said, it's a WiP and the moves are going to change.
Those were the moves I had for the 16th gym and the pokemon league/Red/Blue. Pidgeot knows twister to be super-effective against dragon-type pokemon that (somehow) KO my Dragonite and Glaceon.
I'm most likely am going to replace more than half of the moves later, maybe later today unless I fall asleep again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:27 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Pidgeot's Special Attack actually isn't too bad, only a little bit lower than its regular attack anyway. Putting EVs into it will bring it up to usable levels. Twister, however, with 40 Base Power and no STAB... yeah, it's not gonna do much for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:37 pm 
Pokémon Master

Brave Bird + Roost

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:58 pm 
Gym Leader

Ehe... I would have brave bird, but I'm stupid and I wanted star. to evolve at a higher level so it never actually had a chance to learn brave bird.. I need to go to the move remember soon...

Anyways! I got my wi-fi stuff to work, not sure if I can do a wi-fi battle though, but I can trade on the ge! *shot*
The problem for me is that I can't enter the wi-fi plaza, it gives me an error code 26020 or something and I looked on the site and it said that error code is for when the servers are down... Idk, maybe it's me... what I need to know is, are the tourneys gonna be held soon? Like, in the next 6-8 days? Because I'm leaving in 5 days from now and I'm gonna be in cars/airports/planes for 2 whole days (yea, tell me about it -.-) so I might be able to participate if it's held those days, might not. But that entirely depends on if I can connect to airport wi-fi with my dsi...

I'm gonna go work on my team now! Relearn old moves and use TM's~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:04 pm 
Mew

Seeing as we haven't even decided if we're going to have a tournament and scheduling something between a whole bunch of people across the country/world with very different schedules is a huge pain in the neck... If we do have a tournament, it's certainly not going to take place in the next week.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:48 pm 
Gym Leader

Oh that's good... But knowing my luck if it does ever start, it'll happen when we move to our new house...
I was thinking about the tourneys, maybe instead of just having 1 event run non stop for a certain amount of days we set up the brackets and each team of people would go through their schedualds and find the best time they can play within, say, the span of a week or so from the day it was posted.
Idk, that seems like a better idea, maybe it'll take too long though.
I'll be able to battle at anytime though, unless it's at like 3am-7am est. So I'd be one of the easiest to find a good battle time since I do nothing and all...

Oh, I'm changing Pidgeot to Staraptor Don't kill me Silver! ._. because Pidgeot can't learn CC which is a move I really need >>'

*goes and updates team at the top*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:33 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

First of all, do you really think, with the activity on this forum, our matches would go for any less than a week? Last time we had a tournament they lasted for like two.

And second, can you really not live without Close Combat? Useful as it is, Pidgeot can learn Heat Wave, Steel Wing, and just about anything else Staraptor can. One attack is no reason to completely ditch a Pokemon, especially assuming you've already raised it. If you don't have this team leveled up already... then you need to make a lot more alterations than switching Pidgeot for Staraptor.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:14 pm 
Gym Leader

Well, I've not really been here since before the last toruney, so I shouldn't know >>.

Second, I do really need that move, I need atleast 1 fighting type move and I'm able to get my Starly up to level 82 before the tourneys start, if they ever actually do. I mean, really, all I do is sit on my computer and play RS/Neopets/look up stuff while I wait for posts or something. It's not like I actually do anything anyways >>;

Like I said anyways, I'm still working it out and I don't have alot of TM's, I don't collect every item unless it right there or I need it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:18 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

You can easily get a hold of TM 31, Brick Break. Typhlosion and Dragonite can both learn it, I know that just off the top of my head. I believe you could get Focus Blast on your Alakazam as well, and I know I had duplicates of that one. I know Close Combat is good type coverage for Staraptor and all, but... it's also complete suicide. Staraptor isn't exactly a tank. So bringing down it's defenses even more? It'll be a miracle for it to last more than one turn. At least with something like Brave Bird you've got Roost to make up for it. But Close Combat? Unless you switch out instantly (and you'd probably be KO'd before you could anyway), it's a really big risk.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:33 am 
Gym Leader

It all depends on the base def really, I've had a well-trained (although not ev'd) Staraptor use CC atlest 3 times without being KO'd... I usually only use it to completely devastate something with 1/2 or less full hp... I plan on getting brave bird too but I'm not too big on healing moves really.. I like to get the battle over with as soon as possible instead of possibly waisting a turn on a move that might gain me 100hp or less. I'm also definitely gonna add more fighting type moves in there, having only one is really bad :/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:42 am 
Mew

It's all a question of what you're fighting against. Quite a lot of the stuff that's weak to fighting is also strong against flying, in which case lowering your defense is clearly suicide if you don't get a one hit KO from CC.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:43 pm 
Random Trainer

I personally like it very much, seeing that MINE is worse...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]