It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:49 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Raphael sneered. "I shall transport the wounded mage myself. Nobody will be burdened." he said, and moved to take Raven.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:53 pm 
Random Trainer

Gil carefully handed Raven over to Raphael, shaking his arms afterwards. "Oh... I don't know how long I was holding him, but my arms are a little stiff. Thanks for taking him. Eh... Not that he's a burden or anything...", the dragonian stopped himself, sighing softly.

"Eh... Well, my wings are working just fine. I'm not sure if I could carry anybody, but I could try...", Artemis offered quietly.

"I think I'll just run along the ground. I've never cared much for being in the air. Besides, we're pretty fast. We can keep up with you people.", Prexus said, glancing pleadingly at Yektai. "Right?"

"Hmm, I can help Tikawa. Shouldn't be a problem." Gil moved to help the other dragon.

ImageImage
If you haven't guessed as much, I used to be Artemis around these parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:10 am 
Gym Leader

Yektai just smirked in reply to Prexus' answer. "Hope you've gotten faster wolfy, because you still haven't beaten me."

Tikawa outstretched his wings. "Fine. We'll fly." He said.

I am the artist formerly known as Matrix Kirby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:48 am 
Random Trainer

An anger vein appeared in Prexus' forehead. He lashed out, grabbing Yektai tightly around his shoulders. "You just had to bring that up, didn't you?", he growled softly, mussing the other ninja's hair with his free hand.

Artemis glanced away from the fueding wolf and ninja, clearing her throat. "Ahem. I have another question. Where exactly are we flying to?"

Gil blinked, looking around at all the others. "That's a good question..."

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:53 pm 
Gym Leader

Tikawa remained quiet. He didn't even want to bother throwing out an idea, knowing it would be rejected or bashed by Raphael in mere seconds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:52 am 
Random Trainer

Acantha yawned, moving the tip of one of her wings in a small circle in the air. "Very good question." She looked around at the group. "Since Raven's still out, anyone else know this area well enough to think up a sheltered area to stay? I've been, uh, rather wandering around in forests. Not a hospitable place at times. I ended up sleeping in trees most nights."
Aeria fidgeted. "I guess...I could go scout for a clearing large enough for all of us to stay," she offered. "That is, if it's close enough that we can get to it without completely exhausting ourselves..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:32 am 
Random Trainer

Aeria and Artemis fly around a bit and locate a clearing large enough for their entire group. They all move into the clearing. Tikawa finds a fox kit which lets him pet it, Acantha shapeshifts into a cat and curls up to sleep, Aeria is working on making new arrows, Prexus (I think it was him) reassures Gil that Raven will be fine, and Artemis starts up casual conversation with Tikawa, talking about the fox kit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:43 pm 
Random Trainer

Artemis smiled at the little woodland creature before slowly raising one of her hands so that she could pet its small head. The fox kit's fur was smooth and soft to the touch. She gently stroked her fingertips over its head, smiling again as she heard soft purring coming from deep within its throat. "Aww... He... or is it a she? Is so cute...", the ShadowWing cooed softly, tossing another smile towards Tikawa.

Meanwhile, Prexus was down on all fours with his nose pressed to the ground, sniffing intently. He would search around the outter tree line when he caught onto something and then move again when he caught something else. It was readily apparent that he didn't care how he looked while he was searching around in this manner. But his partner was more than a little mortified.

"Prexus...? What are you doing?", Yektai asked in a hushed whisper to his wolfy companion.

The answer was simply, "Lookin' for food. I'm hungry."

Feeling just a tad bit drowsy, Gil raised a hand to his mouth to stiffle a yawn that sought to free itself. The Dragonian blinked once or twice before coming to the conclusion that it would be all right for him to lie down and take a nap before their group relocated themselves again. But just before he was about to lie down in the plush grass, something caught his eye.

Raven's eyelids were fluttering. Soon, they slowly opened completely before the young man sat up. He turned his head so as to take in every member of the Rebellion while trying to form a question in his mouth. "Um... What happened? Shouldn't I be buried in the ruins of that castle, dead?", he asked.

Gil moved to sit beside the dumbfounded mage. "Well... You would have been. But, as it turns out, I was still inside the castle when the exsplosives detonated and brought it crashing down. Fortunately, I was able to save both of our lives.", he paused, a solemn look stamping itself on his features. "Or perhaps you weren't expecting to survive. Is that it...?"

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:39 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

"Couldn't you tell by his actions he was expecting to meet a meaningless death?" asked Raphael, as he emerged from the shadows behind the two. "We have a veritable fighting force, and explosives, and he goes off by himself? That sounds like a death wish to me, and I know death wishes."

Raphael looked at Gil.

"Also, opposing the draconian's story, there were others to thank for your life than just him. After all, master Tikawa healed you in to such a fine condition. Were it not for him, you would be dead without a doubt." he lied.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:17 pm 
Gym Leader

Tikawa shrugged softly, crossing his arms, and leaning against the tree. "It's a male." He said softly, closing his eyes.

Raven stretched softly. "Well, I suppose we rest, then we move on to the next town..." He said, looking around. "Where are we, anyway?"

Post subject: Re: Unknown Nothingness
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:32 am 
Random Trainer

Acantha opened one eye sleepily and glanced at Raven. "Awake, hm?" She yawned hugely, then closed her eyes and curled into a tighter ball than before. "We're in the woods some way from the city. Figured we could use some rest before engaging the SC..." The rest of her sentence trailed off into barely-audible snoring. It sounded more like a very low growl than anything.
Aeria was at the moment perched halfway up a very tall tree, attempting to find branches straight enough to be used as arrow shafts. Glancing down, she noticed Prexus moving around in a peculiar manner. She also saw Raven, once again conscious, and somewhat farther off, Tikawa and Artemis. Fluttering to a lower location, she heard a whisper from Yektei, to which Prexus replied matter-of-factly. The Featherite blinked and glanced around the woods. Night having fallen already, her visibility wasn't too great, but she remembered seeing something earlier. After taking off and landing on the lowest branch of the tree, she called to the werewolf, "Don't know if you've smelled it already, but I spotted something over there, when it was light enough for me to see." She pointed toward the southwestern edge of their clearing. "It looked like a den of some sort, and the entrance is too wide to be for snakes. Maybe there are rabbits in it, if you eat that sort of thing."

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:43 pm 
Random Trainer

Artemis looked at Tikawa as he answered her question and then looked back to the fox kit still nestled in her hands. "Well, I think it's best if I set him down and let him go on his way now... Don't want the little one to become accustomed to humans.", she said softly, setting the small creature down in the grass. She then stood straight and looked at the Dragonian again before walking over to join him. "I'm glad that you came back... You do know that, don't you?" The ShadowWing had to raise herself up on the pads of her feet to hug Tikawa around his neck.

Gil jumped slightly as Raphael extracated himself from the shadows behind him. Despite his now-pounding heart, he heard everything that the man said. He lowered his head forward, his hair falling to cover his face from view, as he closed his eyes. 'So, it was true... Raven really did want to die back there. I feel like such a fool now...' But since the Mage himself had not mentioned it, he decided that he wouldn't either. "Yes... I'm sorry if I made it sound as though I was the only one responsible for your survival. That was not my intention..." With that said, the Dragonian shifted, sitting down in the grass and pulling his legs against his chest, wrapping his thick tail around himself.

Prexus' ears twitched in unison. He quickly looked up as he heard Aeria speaking to him from above, perched on the lowest limb of the tree he was currently crawling around under. The nice Featherite pointed him in the direction of something that might have been a rabbit hole. It was a very tempting thought but he knew that he would have to refuse the temptation of hunting down and killing his own meat. "Nah... I'd better not. Thanks for the offer, Aeria... But I'd rather not eat any woodland creatures, since Tikawa seems to have a fondness for them. Wouldn't want to tick him off after that powerful display back at the ruins.", the wolf grinned up at her.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:28 pm 
Gym Leader

Tikawa's eyes opened up as he felt the familiar arms of Artemis wrap themselves around his neck in an embrace. He blushed slightly, looking down at her, placing his left hand on her head, and slipping his right arm around her. "I figured as much..."

Raven's eyes closed as he heard the other 2 men. "You lie." he said softly, turning to Raphael. "That wasn't his holy energy that brought me back, I know that much."

Yektai chuckled, grasping his friends arm, tugging on it. "Come on, we'll head to town. We don't need much rest anyway." He said, heading off toward town.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:31 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

"It's not important." Scoffed Raphael. "However....do keep in mind that you have people depending on you, mage. Perhaps your life means more to them then it does to you. I hope that it is clear, now-you aren't a man any more. You're a leader." And with that, Raphael walked towards a clearing. "I need to change my bandages. We all have our wounds...."and, looking at Gil, "some deeper than others. I sincerely apologize about your dilemma with the necromancer."

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:39 pm 
Random Trainer

Artemis shifted her head so that she was able to look up at him. A bright smile decorated her lips. “That's good. I was afraid you were too wrapped up in everything else to have noticed it.”, she said, pausing to release him from her embrace. She then reached down and took hold of Tikawa's hand in her own, gently pulling him along towards the others. “Now... Let's get going. We still have our mission to bring down the Scarlet Crusade, and we can't do that without our friends.”

Prexus allowed himself to be dragged along by the ninja as the two of them headed in the general direction of a town. He gently tugged his arm free and proceeded to wrap it around Yektai's shoulders, still keeping in step beside him. “You think it's a good idea to leave them behind like that? Let's wait up for them. It would be much safer to remain in a group.”, he suggested casually.

Gil was slightly surprised as Raven easily saw through Raphael's lie. But that paled in significance to Raphael's countering responses. The seated Dragonian watched him begin to walk away, surprised again as the Vampyre turned back to address him. He wasn't exactly sure what he was talking about but he didn't bother to mention that. Instead he remained quiet and looked back to the grass beneath him.

ImageImage

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next