It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:01 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Buuut if you don't own a Vita, full price is the price of the game plus the price of the console... for a grand total of $289.98 plus tax. Also, the PS2 version goes for like $20 now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:30 am 
Mew

Fair point on not owning a Vita, but P4 Golden isn't the only good game it's got. Gravity Rush is amazing (and not available on any other system), and you got good entries in other series like Uncharted and LBP. Ogerythmn is supposed to be pretty great too, though I haven't gotten to it yet. In the future... There's the Muramasa remake, a new Ys, some other JRPGs that will hopefully (though not definately) make it to the US... Personally, between Gravity Rush and P4 Golden, I'm happy I got a Vita. Though, if you've already played the original P4, I could see holding out for a good sale or price drop.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:44 pm 
Pokémon Master

Finally finished Dead Space 2. I thought it was a solid action game with nice pacing; your expansive arsenal of weaponry combined with the varied enemy types results in a satisfying combination of strategic thinking and gory execution. The gameplay is reminiscent of Resident Evil 4, with the setting taking cues from Doom 3. It does stop being scary around the dozenth time a necromorph surprises you by popping out of a vent, but it does a great job of keeping things intense by ramping up the difficulty whenever you start getting complacent. It's not terribly innovative, but I still had a real fun 9-10 hours with it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:56 pm 
Mew

I've decided to save Ni no Kuni until after Metal Gear Rising. I figure Rising will last me a couple weeks, after which I'll have most of March to play through Ni no Kuni before Bioshock Infinite hits. In the meantime, I'm playing through some assorted short stuff (the last couple days were The Unfinished Swan) and might start my P4 Golden replay.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:13 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Well, finally finished Pokemon Rumble Blast (ya, took me this long. Put the game down for a while and finally got a good enough team to take out the final base) and have started in some with the (finally) Dragonborn Expansion to Skyrim (with Dawnguard in two weeks).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:07 am 
Pokémon Master

The only game I've played recently is NHL '13 with my friends... what am I becoming?

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:48 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

I've played quite a bit of You Don't Know Jack on the Wii recently. I'm pretty good at trivia, and, dang, the game can be pretty funny as well. Especially if you're playing it with a few good friends.

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."
- Nick Brick, Lego Island

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:45 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I finally got myself a copy of Monster Rancher 2 and started playing that. Got a Jell Gaboo from some Star Wars OST we had around. The Guts regen is so much faster than in later games! It makes the battles feel much more active. In like Advance 2 and stuff, you're sitting around for half your minute waiting to have enough Guts to attack... they're almost like ATB battles. But in MR 2, I can actually spam the low Guts moves continuously! It's actually super easy that way though...

Aside from that, I've been playing Denpa Men and Crashmo here and there.

Denpa Men's all right. It's more fun to catch them and look at their silly names and silly faces than it is to crawl around in dungeons, mashing on auto-battle because the CPU can predict opponents moves. It's like, you have to select moves for ALL of your Denpas at the start of a turn, so unless you can predict exactly which one from your team of 8 the enemies will attack, you don't know who to heal or revive until the next turn. But if you choose to auto-battle, the CPU will automatically heal whoever takes heavy damage during that turn. It's really cheap and overall makes the game unfortunately easy, but it just isn't practical to use manual controls when you've got a party of 8 and the autobattle works so well... So, my major complaint about Denpa Men is the same as my major complaint about FFXIII, but the story in Denpamen makes more sense and I actually like the characters.

The characters in Denpa Men are randomly generated - they appear in wireless signals, you can get new ones anywhere. The story is about rescuing a Denpa Girl from the clutches of an Evil Overlord who likes cute things a lot. Nomura, you screwed up BAD.

Also, Crashmo is fantastic and you should all be playing it. Pushmo too, if you haven't already.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:49 pm 
Mew

Hey! XIII has excellent characters and the overall story is pretty good too. As for the battle system, while I wasn't too sold on the automation at first, you really need to stay on top of things and switch paradigms a lot to do well. It was the Gambits in XII that left the player with nothing to do.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 am 
Pokémon Master

So I've been playing a lot of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare recently. The difficulty curve is steep, and the matches can be incredibly frustrating at times, but the melee-oriented combat is just so satisfying that I can't stop playing even when I'm being badly beaten.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:53 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Man, I've been playing the heck out of Injustice: Gods Among Us(The DC universe fighting game by Nether Realms.) for the last couple of days, and it's really good! My main is Solomon Grundy for the moment, but I'm working on Shazam, Catwoman, and some others who aren't as susceptible to keepaway.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:03 pm 
Mew

I finished Bioshock Infinite lack week and now I'm back to Ni no Kuni, which I want to finish before summer break.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:14 pm 
Pokémon Master

I've been playing a lot of World of Tanks recently, which is a fun, free multiplayer game based around tank battles. There are lots of different countries and tank types to choose from, and right now I'm having a great time with the Russian heavy and American tank destroyer lines. You do have to grind a bit in order to get enough experience to advance through the tiers, but if you love vehicular combat, than this game is definitely for you.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:28 pm 
Mew

I did finish Ni no Kuni before leaving Florida. I actually haven't been playing a ton so far on this trip, but now that I've worked my way through most of the more urgent things on my to do list, and with some long car and plane rides in the coming weeks, that'll probably change. I finished my second play through of Persona 4 Golden yesterday though, getting a Platinum on it. Next up, New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Professor Layton 5.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:33 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I've started playing the original Mother (Yes, bad me, game piracy! Maybe if Nintendo would put up their official translation that they had completely finished but never released up on virtual console, this wouldn't be such an issue) with Colly and it's bee pretty fun. I said that my favorite food was "souls" so whenever I go home, my mother cooks souls for me. Also, a police officer told me there was a woman on the loose who ate five soulss at a restaurant and left without paying. I think it was a good decision.

And Colly's been getting real into fighters, so there's been a lot of Persona 4 Arena and Guilty Gear going on, too. Which I have been drafted into unwillingly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next