It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:34 am 
Pokémon Master

Hoo boy, let's see:

I got Mario Kart 7 for my birthday, and have been playing the hell out of it while riding the bus back and forth from the college.

I've been alternating between the team-based tactical military combat of Battlefield 3 (purchased with a gift card that was also a birthday present) and the absurdly high-speed fragfest that is Tribes: Ascend (which is one of the best free-to-play shooters out there.)

Aaaaand of course the fan-made Half-Life remake known as Black Mesa was finally released last month after an eternity in development hell, and since I love the Half-Life series so much I feel obligated to play that as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:17 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

*Sigh* I need a computer that can run games at a speed that they're actually playable at (a.k.a. not six frames a minute).

Well, a while ago, I was playing around with the demo verion of MineCraft. I made a little Hobbit-hole house, I made some iron tools, and I had a nice little cave system that I could access through my house. Things were pretty good...until I needed water for my garden.
I didn't have enough iron, so I ventured out...at night...with all of my stuff...into a revine. By now, I think you can guess that I died a very horrible death. I respawned and was only focused on getting my stuff back, so I quickly made some stone tools and weapons and went out to find my stuff before it despawned.
And I died again. At this point, I realized I was a failure at MineCraft, so I "rage" quitted.

Not that I don't want to play it anymore. It still looks really awesome and such, and I know almost as much, if not more, then my friends (who actually have bought and play MineCraft on a regular basis) about redstone and architecture.

But, until I'm able to buy and run it, I'm stuck with Solitare and Minesweeper as my main forms of entertainment.

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."
- Nick Brick, Lego Island

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:00 am 
Blaziken

Oh boy here we go. I just recently purchased a new laptop. Nicknamed it 'The Beast Machine', got Steam, a credit card, and went on my way. Here is a list of games that I've recently been playing.

PAYDAY: The Heist
DayZ
ARMA 2
The Binding of Isaac
Cthulhu Saves The World
Faster Than Light
Half Life 2
Garry's Mod
Homefront
Magicka
Portal 1 + 2
Team Fortress 2
Borderlands 2
Minecraft
Tekkit

I can say that I am thoroughly enjoying myself playing all these games. I never had any idea how amazing PC gaming could be until I tried it out. I waved my Xbox days goodbye.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:31 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I'm a bit jealous. My Lappy's ok, but it's certainly no gaming PC and I don't want to push it too hard... Not that I have time for gaming much nowadays.

but Cthulu saves the world... RPG Maker, yeah? I was considering checking it out mostly because of the amusing title. Is it actually any good though?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:40 am 
Blaziken

Oh man, it's actually pretty sweet. Consider it Final Fantasy/Pokemon with the witty Portal commentary.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:10 am 
Pokémon Champion

Been playing Transformers: FoC and Black 2 recently. Finally got a class to 25 on FoC multi last night.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:51 am 
Mew

I'm mostly playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood here, though I really need to work in a bit of time to finish the remaining DLC songs in Theatrhythm. Other than that, I finished Koihime Musou last week, which means it's time to start a new PC game. I'm thinking I'll run through a few short things (Dear Esther, Cherry Tree High, and Puzzle Agent 2, at least) before starting another big visual novel.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:10 am 
Blaziken

Shameless extra post: Been playing Dishonored as well. Game is amazing, I highly recommend getting it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:09 pm 
Mew

I could use a multiplayer partner for the following:
Portal 2 (need one person)
Castlevania Harmony of Despair (PS3 version, need 1 - 3 people)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:53 am 
Articuno

I'm getting the idea that phones are actually not crap to play games on. I've been playing Broken Sword on the Android (loved that game. Had it on PS1, GBA, DS and Wii. LOVE it) and Temple Run. I cant play TR on my phone, but on the tablet PC my parents have. I'm disappointed I PAID for it on my phone but it doesn't run. its like 62p but its not the point.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:25 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Well, I got...what was that word again? Oh ya, Trophie on...*checks paper* oh yes, Skyrim. Think the color was Platinum on it a few days ago. So been playing it :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:04 pm 
Combusken

Lately I've been playing the indie hit Terraria. I have to admit, for 10 bucks, It isn't half bad. I mean, you should have seen me when I found the Handgun, or when I Accidently summoned the first boss way unprepared, and as I do with every Survival Sandbox game I play, I panicked as soon as I saw the first signs of hostility. So yeah, been playing a bit of that. I've also realized how crummy my computer runs now compared to 2005. Back in the day, I could run Lego Star Wars on that with 8o fps, now I try the new games, and I have to settle with Medium textures. Medium. It's ubsurd, I tell you.

Wisdom is not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:12 pm 
Mew

I really can't say enough good things about Persona 4 Golden (I can go into a lot of detail if anyone wants to know). Between it and Gravity Rush, the Vita is totally worth buying.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:22 pm 
Blaziken

Josiah wrote:
I really can't say enough good things about Persona 4 Golden (I can go into a lot of detail if anyone wants to know). Between it and Gravity Rush, the Vita is totally worth buying.

I have the PS2 version. Is it worth buying again at full price, or should I wait on it?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:04 pm 
Mew

I didn't play is on PS2 (I actually had a copy and was just about to start when they announced Golden, so I waited) but, from what I've heard, they added a lot. There's a pretty extensive list near the top of this guide. The most important things are:
-8+ new story scenes and additional voice acting for old scenes.
-2 new S-links.
-January and most of February aren't skipped over. They've got events and time for s-links, grinding, or whatever.
-The ability to explore and do a bunch of other stuff at night.
-A couple additional endings plus an epilogue for the true one.

There's also a ton of tweaks and improvements, some bonus content (art gallaries, etc.), a new mini-game, etc.

Having not played the original version, it's a little hard to say if it's worth it or not, but for me personally I think the new S-links, story scenes, and additional playable months would seal the deal. And hey, it's a Vita game so full price is less than that of a regular console game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next