It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 84  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:07 pm 
Mew

I a couple of weeks I'll no doubt be completely caught up in Kingdom Hearts Dream Dop Distance. I'm hoping to finish Theatrhythm before then. I should probably also try and finish some stuff in Guild Wars before GW2. Not sure if I'll have time (since there are a lot of non-game things I want to spend time on) but that's the goal. On the visual novel side, I'm currently somewhere in the middle of my first play through of Koihime Musou.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:28 pm 
Pokémon Master

Finished up Far Cry (last level is terrible, but the rest of the game was great) and played through Max Payne (bullet-time shooting goodness; I just wish it required less trial-and-error). Now I'm currently leveling my way through the Killzone 3 multiplayer. Oh, and I've rediscovered Roller Coaster Tycoon. And thanks to the recent Steam sale, my backlog of cheap, old PC games continues to grow.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:42 pm 
Mew

Gamestop is taking their sweet time shipping my copy of KH 3DS (I pre-ordered online since I wasn't sure where I'd be at launch and wanted to be sure to get the collector's edition). Though I still have some stuff I can work on in Theatrythmn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:30 pm 
Blaziken

God, just started Theatrythm. So much to do in this game. I really shouldn't be surprised since it's Square, but I still didn't expect this much...

...Now I wish I bought this game before Otakon to get the StreetPasses for it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:48 pm 
Mew

Yeah, between the huge number of songs (not even counting DLC), unlockable characters, leveling, and collectables, it can eat up a lot of time. And that's not even mentioning the trophies...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:29 pm 
Blaziken

Unlocking all the character's is what's going to kill me. I'm only 6 hours in and only unlocked one.
Breezed passed series mode, but man, grinding on those Dark Notes take some time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:40 am 
Mew

If you get your party to level 100 and set up your abilities right, you can kill the bosses on low level dark notes multiple times per play (I think my record is five boss kills on a single run of a level 1 dark note), that speeds things up considerably if you get some notes with lots of crystal shards. Unfortunately, some shards only show up on high level notes where you'll be lucky if you can kill the boss twice. At this point, I only need one more character and I have a dark note that drops his shards, but I can only kill the boss once per run and I'm having abysmal luck.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:40 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I've made a terrible mistake. Immediately after volunteering to take on a pretty big project... I started playing FFXI! Well, Colly and I started playing together, anyway. So it shouldn't be too much of a problem if I limit myself to playing while we're both online. Still, I can't help but think that this may end badly...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:59 pm 
Mew

There's a reason I tend to avoid MMOs (aside from subscription fees). That said, just remember that it's more fun (and romantic and whatever) if you only play together. Soloing in MMOs tends to get dull fairly quickly. Hopefully that'll keep you from getting too distracted with soloing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:21 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Eh, FFXI has a 30 day free trial, and we'll probably quit once it's done. Besides that, it was only $10 when we bought it, so it wasn't much of an investment at all.

It's really difficult for me to solo in this one anyway. Well, I guess that's not quite it... I could solo all right, but it's difficult for Colly to solo (White Mage, you know). And I'd just have to re-do all the missions to help her out anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:59 am 
Pokémon Champion

Been playing Pokemon Conquest, Kingdom Hearts 3D and just picked up and been playing this week Fall of Cybertron.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:39 am 
Mew

I'm only just starting to play games again now that work has calmed down a bit. I finished the DLC for FFXIII-2 and am working on Kingdom Hearts 3D and Kirby Return to Dreamland. I'll probably be starting Guild Wars 2 somewhat soon as well, though I've got a few things I want to finish in the original GW first.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:06 am 
Shiny Shedinja

I saw some people talking about Super Mario Sunshine on Reddit yesterday. I had such a nostalgia rush that I had to start playing it again. After going to Noki Bay, I collected a blue coin that I forgot normally made my game crash. I just about died after that (my game makes a loud, high pitched screeching sound when it crashes there) and shut off the game trying not to relive my past horrors with that coin.
(I showed the oddity to some of my friends once and they said the coin was probably possesed, so when I collected it, it possesed Mario and that caused the game to crash. That was the first time my friends have creeped me out to the point where I just am silent with NOPE thoughts...)
So...I think I'm going to play some Pokemon Channel or something. Something nice with no demon coins.

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."
- Nick Brick, Lego Island

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:35 am 
Pokémon Master

Juuuust finished up F.E.A.R. (First Encounter Assault Recon) after it was recommended to my by friends, and I quite liked the unique blend of tactical gunplay and Japanese-inspired horror.

Pros:
-Some of the best enemy AI I've encountered in an FPS.
-Horror segments are creepy and atmospheric.
-Weapons are varied and fun to use.
-Plenty of room for thinking tactically.
-Shooting baddies in slow-mo never gets old.
-The plot twists in the penultimate interval will make your brain melt.

Cons:
-Bland environments. (The first two portions of the game take place in a water treatment plant and an office building. :-q )
-Tends to introduce new enemy types, only for you to barely ever encounter them again.
-Everyone in the game except the player character is completely useless. (I know this happens in a lot of games, but in F.E.A.R. it gets taken to the point of absurdity)
-The "big bad" guy for most of the game meets a rather anticlimactic end.
-The gameplay in the last interval feels like a letdown.

Overall, I'd say that your enjoyment of F.E.A.R. is probably going to hinge on how much you like shooters in general. If you're definitely an FPS person then I strongly recommend it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:15 pm 
Mew

Still trying to finish up Kingdom Hearts 3D (while I'm playing games regularily again, my time for them is somewhat limited), though I got distracted yesterday by Super Amazing Wagon Adventure, which I highly recommend. It's more than worth the 80 MS points on Xbove Live Indie Games or the $3 for the PC version. It's sorta Oregon Trail as a shooter on the Atari 2600 with a ridiculous ammount of randomness thrown in. Just follow the link and watch the trailer (which doesn't come close to showing how awesome the game is).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 84  Next