It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:10 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

I've noticed in this forum that there are a lot of fans of manga and such, but very few, at least overtly, are fans of American comics. I am a terrible nerd, and thus both love and know all kinds of things about American comics.

Something that I've always found is that getting in to comics can be a bit of a daunting proposition, due to the years and years of continuity involved. Well, never fear! I can answer any questions anybody has about that sort of thing, as well as give my own editorial opinion of various comics and places to jump on if such a thing interests you.

Of course, this topic can also be used to discuss comics, should such a thing be required.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:05 pm 
Mew

I like some comic characters (Superman, especially), but the sheer ammount of back issues and my desire to start things at the beginning is one reason I've never really started reading the comics themselves. Maybe if they'd release a massive digital collection on DVD-ROM or something... Some super hero comics do interest me though, as do the Sonic and Mega Man comics. Most recently, I'm somewhat curious about Fables, since Telltale will be doing a game based on it.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:13 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Well, as far as DC goes, they've actually restarted their continuity (kinda) last year...Superman's a blogger now. Yeah. I'm not so much a fan of the new 52 as it's called, but that's neither here nor there. My point is, now is about the best time to start at the beginning.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:41 pm 
Mew

Might be true, but most of what I've heard about New 52 has been negative.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:09 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

I can't honestly say I'm a fan, but if there's one good thing about it it's that it's a decent jumping-on point.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage