It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:16 am 
Torchic

The site is www.tcomic.webs.com

The sprites are good but the Background and color need more improvement( i dont have photoshop yet ill get it soon!)

Well for me then i first get on the main page is blank but i click on a different tap and went back the main page and its visible after that.

IF you want see FullSize one then click on My Gallery and click on Photo and go to Fullsize

Blog is unactive right now but ill get it active :P I am going to go a comic every friday until Feb ill be less busy in Feb

i am going to make a firece duel between me and Some character( i havent decided) But please check out website

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:46 am 
Random Trainer

Not bad for your first comic. A few things, though. You might want to clean up the outlines of the panels. The second one has a large black blob under it, and the last two borders aren't straight. Next time, try making a large rectangle, then separate it into four even squares. That way you can make sure they're even, then make moderations later if you need to.

Also, you should try to keep the speech boxes consistent. While the boxes in the first and third panel have no outline, the second one does. And try to fit the speech box and the text together, so you don't have a large white space left over like in panel three.

Speaking of consistency, make sure the scenery doesn't change inexplicably. The "Don't Push" button changes its location in each panel, and in the first one there are darker red triangles on each side. To fix this, you could copy and paste it into each panel, then change it around if the panel's focus changes (say, if the characters move and the panel follows them, the button would no longer be in the center of the frame). And the gray lines in the first panel disappear in the second and third one.

Finally, if you are able to, try to save it in png format. That way those pesky random pixels that come with jpeg and other formats won't bother you.

Hope that helps some. By the way, I love the website's design. That city in the background's pretty cool. Did you make it?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:54 pm 
Torchic

yeah i know

This Wed I am getting Photoshop and well ill fix up the graphics alot.

Plus i spend like a hour on it because i was in a hurry to go somewhere but this time ill spend more time on it.

Do you think it was funny?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:54 pm 
Mew

I already covered this a bit in my responsea to your PMs. Couple more things though.

Try to avoid the "I didn't have enough time" excuse. When you don't have a deadline, it's kind of pointless. For example, Pebble Version updates every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It says so right on the site. So, there is always the small chance that things will come up and I simply won't have as much time to spend on the comics as I'd like. But when you're not working on a fixed schedule, you can always take as long as you need to make your comics as good as possible (saving and coming back to them later if needed).

Photoshop is awesome, but it won't automatically make your graphics better. It's much more complicated program than Paint and takes a good bit of time and effort to learn how to properly use all of its most important tools and features. Secondly, Photoshop itself doesn't make the graphics look better. It makes things easier for you (once you figure out how to use the program) but it still takes quite a lot of work on your part to make things look good. On average, I think I usually spend more time making each strip in Photoshop than I did when I used Paint, because Photoshop does allow me to make things look so much better, provided I put in enough effort.

I recommend you go to the Extras page on PV give my sprite comic guide a very good read.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:58 pm 
Torchic

Josiah wrote:
I already covered this a bit in my responsea to your PMs. Couple more things though.

Try to avoid the "I didn't have enough time" excuse. When you don't have a deadline, it's kind of pointless. For example, Pebble Version updates every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It says so right on the site. So, there is always the small chance that things will come up and I simply won't have as much time to spend on the comics as I'd like. But when you're not working on a fixed schedule, you can always take as long as you need to make your comics as good as possible (saving and coming back to them later if needed).

Photoshop is awesome, but it won't automatically make your graphics better. It's much more complicated program than Paint and takes a good bit of time and effort to learn how to properly use all of its most important tools and features. Secondly, Photoshop itself doesn't make the graphics look better. It makes things easier for you (once you figure out how to use the program) but it still takes quite a lot of work on your part to make things look good. On average, I think I usually spend more time making each strip in Photoshop than I did when I used Paint, because Photoshop does allow me to make things look so much better, provided I put in enough effort.

I recommend you go to the Extras page on PV give my sprite comic guide a very good read.

well i just read the whole guide hour ago. And it wasnt a excuse just telling what happened. I know Photoshop dont make graphics automatically make graphics better. Just next one ill put more time into it.

So injoring the graphics did any of you guys think it was funny mean like grammer and script was good???

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:55 pm 
Mew

Well, if you really want to know...

Spelling and grammar really weren't all that good. To break it down...

Quote:
Sora i am going to Nanime's party ill be right back and DONT PUSH THE BUTTON

The I and I'll need to be capitaled. I'll also needs an apostrophe as does DON'T. There you be a period after party and a period or exclamation mark after button. It should be "I'll be right back so", not "and". Not to mention that you mispelled Namine's name.

Quote:
Well Kairi sayed no but its so hard not to push

It's said, not sayed. Also "its" should be "it's". You need a period after push... You know what, that whole sentence just sounds bad. It should probably be something like, "I know Kaira said not to, but I really want to push it..."

As for comedy value. I personally didn't find it funny. You've got a various obvious setup and punchline (oh, he pushed the button she said not to push, big surprise there), not to mention that you don't explain what they're doing there in the first place or what the button is for.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:54 pm 
Torchic

>.>

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:11 pm 
Mew

Sorry bout that fella. But ya said ya was wantin' ta know...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:45 pm 
Torchic

Its okay

Ill just try hard next time and i didnt want like 100% bad things

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:36 pm 
Random Trainer

'S not dat we're tryin ta get ya down, Stormer. We wunt yer comic to seceed 's much as you do. Sat's why we're telln ya whut y'need ta fix, so y'can make a great comic.

'S fer if is funny, too earle t'tell yet, seein 's deres jus' one comic. I'll keep on readin n' let ya know what I dink...not dat I like readin in all, cuz readin's for borin people. I mean, why stare ata bunch a words when y'can sit n' watch Nascar? Y'can even drink beer while ya watch. Y'can't read n' drink beer. I's tried ta. Y'could usa beer hat, but dose are fer special ocashuns.
...what whur we talkin' bout?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]