Pokémon Adventures

Here you can talk about comics and manga, both in print and online.

Moderators: Silver, shauni

Blivsey
Blaziken

Pokémon Adventures

Post by Blivsey »

Pokémon Special, known in English as Pokémon Adventures, is a manga series written by Hidenori Kusaka and currently illustrated by Satoshi Yamamoto. It follows the characters granted Pokédexes (the Pokédex Holders, who are based off the player characters and named after the games themselves) in a set of climactic adventures and battles.

Removed link Heeeere ya go. It can't possibly be bad when Satoshi Tajiri creator of the Pokémon franchise, so give him a high-five says it's right on the money.
Last edited by Blivsey on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josiah
Mew

Re: Pokémon Adventures

Post by Josiah »

It's a great series, and one I've mentioned several times in my news posts on PV. Is that site legal though? Since Viz finally resumed the official English release of Adventures, I'd prefer not to have any links here to free fan translations or the like.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.
Blivsey
Blaziken

Post by Blivsey »

I can remove it, if you'd like. DragonGuard only translated a few of the sections (apparently Viz Media translated out of order or something, so DG reordered and retranslated it), and the rest is the official English translation.
Josiah
Mew

Post by Josiah »

Viz didn't exactly translate it out of order...

They translated the first 7 volumes (through the Yellow arc) then stopped for a long time. Then they started up again from the beginning and are currently in the middle of the G/S/C arc. They also recently started releasing the D/P/P and B/W arcs too, which is kind of weird, but it means that, by the time the main series finishes FR/LG, we'll pretty much be caught up with Japan.

Blivsey
Blaziken

Post by Blivsey »

Ah, that explains it. Although, DragonGuard gets a few points for correctly translating Blue's and Green's names (Blue is the girl, Green is the boy).
Josiah
Mew

Post by Josiah »

Yeah, that was an intentional switch this only the Red and Blue games got released in the US. Not supporting it, just pointing out that it wasn't a translation mistake.

Blivsey
Blaziken

Post by Blivsey »

Actually, it probably should be the original Japanese way (Red and Green being the paired versions in Japan, whereas Red and Blue are the paired versions in English games). It really spoils a punchline later on, with "Fire Red and Leaf Green".
Pikachu127
Random Trainer

Post by Pikachu127 »

Oh yay a PKMN Special thread! :D What should be discussed, if at all?
Blivsey
Blaziken

Post by Blivsey »

We could only assume to be discussing the comic, recent or otherwise.

Hey look, an excuse to post here. Well, I recently reread the comic and... the RSE saga is definitely my favorite. Not just because 3rd gen is my favorite gen, but because it's such a deep storyline.
Josiah
Mew

Post by Josiah »

I'm hoping it gets a US release soon. We're currently missing R/S/E, FR/LG, and HG/SS.

Pikachu127
Random Trainer

Post by Pikachu127 »

Oh yeah, FRLG. My favorite one of 'em all. Though I hate it when they all get petrified by... Darkrai. Oh well, at least they got out. Shame no US release. Particularly like the new designs of the original Dex Holders (but Yellow didn't change, but possibly for the better). Emerald has this uniting feeling that I... just love, for some reason.
Josiah
Mew

Post by Josiah »

Now that G/S/C is finished, R/S/E seems likely to come in the not too distant future. Unless that decide that releasing three arcs at once would be a bit much seeing as they're currently doing D/P/P and B/W.

*^_^*kako
Random Trainer

Post by *^_^*kako »

Is there any links that would let me read this comic online?
Image Image Image
Like any of the art you have seen here http://phpbb3.pebbleversion.com/viewtop ... =12&t=3098 and want to see more drop by one of these places! Make sure to leave a like if you,well like what you see. Have a great day!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfHeartStudio Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtOfHeartStudi

DeviantART: http://kako-cakes.deviantart.com/ Official Website: http://www.artofheartstudio.wix.com/art ... lifeareone
Stevenson
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Post by Stevenson »

As stated above, while piracy is certainly a thing that happens, it's probably a bad idea to link to it here.
Stevenson's Vocabulary Word of the Week:

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Josiah
Mew

Post by Josiah »

I'll note that they did finally start releasing the R/S arc earlier this year.