It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:39 pm 
Mew

Is that based on Takahashi's Rin-ne manga or something else entirely?

As for me, I ended up watching the first six seasons of How I Met Your Mother over the last couple of months. Kinda rare that I find an American sitcom I like plus I didn't have to pay that much attention while watching. Other than that, I recently rewatched Genshiken and Samurai Champloo. Not sure what I'll be starting next, but my current list includes: Kanon (a rewatch), Saiyuki, Fullmetal Panic (all three series), and all the Higurashi series (playing Umineko made me want to).

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:23 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

No, it's something completely different. Original anime actually, not based off of a manga or game or anything. It's absolutely impossible to get any spoilers that way...

We've also been following Daily Lives of Highschool Boys (Nichibros) and Another. And we started watching Spice and Wolf... but have been busy with schooly things and haven't really gotten anywhere with it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:25 pm 
Mew

Spice and Wolf moves a little slowly, but it's a really great series. One of my favorites.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:51 pm 
Blaziken

Well, winter season came to a close, and boy how much Silver and I have watched this season.

1. Rinne no Lagrange
While not the best the mecha genre has seen, it brings back something the genre lost. Hand-drawn mechs. Also, Madoka is an awesome protagonist and Lan is adorable.

2. Daily Lives of High School Boys
Awesome comedy series that does quite a few skits I'm sure many can relate too. Sugita stole this series for me, but there were a lot of other good scenes too.

3. Another
Horror anime gone pie... Well, that's an inside joke. Enjoyed the suspense at the start, but ended up laughing the rest of the way through. I also enjoyed trying to speculate through the series as well, and ended up being close in the end.

4. Senki Zesshou Symphogear
Because the sub group's been moving slow, I can't fully judge it. I just found this series to be... interesting. Really, I can't say it's good or bad, just entertaining. Lots of guts for killing off a main character in the first episode. Especially the character that they used to advertise the series.

5. Recorder to Randoseru
Short little two minute episodes about a high school girl who looks like a loli, and a shota who looks like a high school boy. Because of this, the shota often ends up being accused of being a pedophile. Hilarity ensues.

6. Black★Rock Shooter
How did I end up hating this more than the OVA? Often this series bordered "so bad it's good" territory. I mean, it has pretty animation during the action sequences, but that's all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:50 pm 
Mew

Quote:
6. Black★Rock Shooter
How did I end up hating this more than the OVA? Often this series bordered "so bad it's good" territory. I mean, it has pretty animation during the action sequences, but that's all.

Well that's dissapointing to hear...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:41 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Just got done watching Doctor Who and Code Monkeys on Netlfix, bot super good series

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:53 am 
Torchic

Two Words :whistle:

ONE PIECE!

I love the series. I love it so much i'm even on two fanon sites for it XD. My devil fruits for it are awesome! :clap:

*random thought* One Piece roleplay >-)

Wow your're right!

The Moral: Dog Pokemon Rule!

Games Owned: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Firered, Leafgreen, Heartgold, Diamond, Black

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:41 pm 
Mew

Nearing the end of season 2 of Dr. Who. I like, for the most part, but there's some logical inconsistencies that bug me a bit. The main one being that, with half the problems that Dr. runs into, it seems like it would make a whole lot more sense to travel back in time a little bit and prevent them from ever happening instead of taking them on directly. Though time machines make it nearly impossible to create a story without plot holes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:43 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

The argument used is that if he were to cross his own time stream... well, remember that one episode of season one, where Rose tried to save her father? Stuff like that would happen. A lot.

It has always bothered me that he barely ever uses it like an actual time machine though...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:27 pm 
Mew

Thing is, in most cases he could travel back in time to before he arrived and fix the problem. For example, the episode late in season 2 where that alien absorbs the people in the Dr. Who investigation club. Instead of confronting the alien at the end, the Dr. could have hopped in the Tardis, confronted the alien before he met the club members, and saved everyone very easily.

And as long as you're bringing up the Rose's father episode, that never made sense to me. So those monsters show up if you mess with the past, but the Dr. and various other aliens seem to be changing time almost constantly and what's the "past" anyway? Wouldn't that be entirely relative?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:42 pm 
Blaziken

You see, a lot of things the Doctor does doesn't really change time. It's been like that all along. In order for the Doctor to stop the Absorbaloff, he'd need knowledge of it first. He didn't, however, and met it after it absorbed LINDA. If he traveled back in time and defeated him before that happened, that alone would be a paradox.

Later on, you'll see other instances of the Doctor trying to change events.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:51 pm 
Mew

They may or may not have been paradoxical, but there are instances where time gets changed without setting off an apocalypse. That fourth great human civilization, for example, which was supposed to happen at a certain point in history but kept getting delayed due to time traveling aliens and their TV stations.

And while I understand your logic for the Absorbaloff, changing time doesn't seem to affect the Dr.'s memories in other situations, so it seems a bit inconsistent.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:13 pm 
Pokémon Master

I believe it is eventually explained that some points in time are fixed, while others are in flux, and being a Time Lord allows him to tell which is which.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually—from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint—it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:35 pm 
Gym Leader

Expanding on what Doodle's means by fixed and in flux. The events in time that are 'fixed' (ones which he can't interfear with) and the ones that are 'in flux' events that arn't as they should be or not significat enough to have a mojor impact on the timeline.

They have alot of fun in season five with memorys and changes in time stuff. Ah now I want to Watch Doctor Who.
I think I'll finish Sailor Moon First. Then Doctor Who.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:45 pm 
Blaziken

Kaida wrote:
They have alot of fun in season five with memorys and changes in time stuff.

Unfortunately, that season ended up creating the most inconsistencies because of that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next