It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:18 pm 
Mew

This is to replace the old dead, what movie and what anime have you been watching recently threads.

I'm currently finishing up Macross Frontier. I also recently rewatched Princess Mononoke and Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:14 am 
Random Trainer

Going to watch Rain Man tonight. It's the story of (potentially) the most famous savant of all time - Kim Peek, a man with an indomitable memory. For years and years he and his father travelled across the States where he would show off his talent by having people ask him obscure questions and see if he knew the answer. Stuff like who was the last batter in a baseball game in the 20's, stuff that's super vague. Sadly he actually just died just about a month ago, but considering he wasn't supposed to live past 14 I'd say making it to the mid-50's is pretty good.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:30 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Macross Frontier... when did we start watching that, Colly? September? Yeah... we were trying to watch it together, and for whatever reason my computer just couldn't play it properly, be it downloaded or streamed. So that didn't work out so well. I have a laptop now, though... No reason why we can't finish that...

Anyway, I watched Hidamari Sketch x365 mostly over Christmas break. The date that the last episode took place, in-series, was January 10, so I waited until that day to finish it. Haven't really been watching much anime besides that... still reading each new chapter of One Piece as it comes out, but I've fallen behind on the anime.

As for movies... I finally watched A Christmas Story! Three weeks after Christmas! I had never seen it before, and apparently, "People that have never seen Christmas Story don't deserve to live"...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:48 pm 
Mew

One episode left in Macross Frontier, which I'll probably finish tonight. I also want to catch up on this season of heroes in time for Monday's episode. After that, probably Red vs. Blue, since my brother got me the complete Rooster Teeth collection for a late birthday present.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:19 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

The most recent thing I've watched is my d gray man season one box set. Some of the voice acting (mostly Kanda's) kinda sucks, but the opening and closing themes are AWESOME!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:50 am 
Mew

On regular TV: Lost, Psych, Fringe (actually not, since last night's episode is the last new one till April), and Heroes (only one more episode left in the season though).
DVDs: Recently finished Gundam the 08th MS Team, One Piece up to when they enter the Grand Line, Pom Poko, and The Cat Returns (sitting around working on job applications can be done while watching TV so...). Currently watching the original Dragon Ball.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:06 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Got all caught up with Heroes myself - I was behind all this season because I had a class Monday nights (as my schedule worked out, I have a class Monday nights this semester, too, but...) and always forgot to watch them. I did watch through it on hulu right before they started deleting them and haven't let myself fall behind again.

Been watching random Simpsons episodes here and there, found some website that has about every episode up streamed. Pretty shady place but I haven't gotten a virus yet...

And also: ZARDOZ. Ok, I haven't watched it yet, but I can't wait to. I ordered it off of Amazon and it came yesterday.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:52 pm 
Mew

Silver wrote:
And also: ZARDOZ. Ok, I haven't watched it yet, but I can't wait to. I ordered it off of Amazon and it came yesterday.

Um, seriously? Cause I don't think I'd come near that with a ten foot poll, unless Mystery Science Theater did a version of it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:24 am 
Blaziken Level 100

Wow, ZARDOZ sounds funny, disturbing, but funny...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:12 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Yeah, I know. It's just for laughs. And for James Bond in a wedding dress. I can't wait.

But I'm snowed in at Colly's house now and I left it at home... so, it could be a while before I actually get to watch it now...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:08 pm 
Random Trainer

I watched this a few weeks ago, but I think it's worth mentioning. It's a movie called Michael. I tried writing an explanation, but it ended up too long. So here's IMDB to help me out:
IMDB wrote:
Two tabloid reporters checking out a report of the Archangel Michael living with an old woman find that it's true. But that's not the only surprise.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:36 am 
Pokémon Master

Watching Family Guy. Can somebody tell me if The Office is funny?

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:59 am 
Random Trainer

It really depends on what you would consider funny, it's not one of those shows with a prerecorded laughter or anything like that. I recommend watching an episode, it's the only way to know for sure if it's your style of humor.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:02 pm 
Gym Leader

I've been watching Gundam Seed, and moved onto Gundam Destiny. Also watch DragonBall a while ago to.

I've also been the reason for having to pause Gundam during a couple episodes because I was laughing so much. It is not my fault that I find it hilarious when a character yells "Exterminate Exterminate", or when something said/done reminds of the Daleks vs the Cybermen in series two episode "Doomsday" When Sec (The awesome black Dalek) says to the cyberman leader "This is not War, this is pest control".

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:44 am 
Random Trainer

Uh...
Just how recent is "recently"...
Okay, well, kinda started off with a Sonic World Adventure gameplay compilation movie (Japanese), followed by a Sonic and the Black Knight walkthrough (English). Not too satisfied with the voices, I then searched up all the Japanese cutscenes for Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, and Shadow the Hedgehog, along with most of them from Black Knight, and watched all of those, too.
This led me to rewatch the last season and a half of Sonic X. Which put me into an anime mood, so once I finished with that, I caught up on all 10 or so One Piece episodes I've been neglecting to watch. And now I'm in the middle of catching up on FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (last watched...what, episode 21? and they've hit the 40s).

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next