It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:28 pm 
Pokémon Master

What do you think? Would this be a good idea and how would they make it? o.o

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by Metalheadz on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:46 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

No. Just... No.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:58 am 
Random Trainer

That wouldn't go well, ermm... I think it'd have the same problems the Super Mario Bros. movie did.

"The press can hold its magnifying glass up to our problems, bringing them into focus; or they can use that magnifying glass to light ants on fire, and then perhaps host a week of shows on the sudden flaming ants epidemic."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:53 am 
Pokémon Master

Silver wrote:

um... can you at least give a little reason?

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:58 am 
Gym Leader

Apart from the fact that the anime has steadily been going down hill since the end of the kanto ark. All the pokemon, special effects and attacks would have to be in CGI so you might as well just keep it as anime or make the whole thing in CGI.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:01 pm 
Mew

You'd need a top special effects house to do it in live action or it would look horrible, which I can't imagine a Pokémon movie having the budget for. Plus, the script would probably be a complete and total mess. Dragon Ball movie, anyone?

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:09 pm 
Random Trainer

Josiah wrote:
You'd need a top special effects house to do it in live action or it would look horrible, which I can't imagine a Pokémon movie having the budget for. Plus, the script would probably be a complete and total mess. Dragon Ball movie, anyone?

That would be much easier to do in live-action, since the characters in it are human or humanoid.

"The press can hold its magnifying glass up to our problems, bringing them into focus; or they can use that magnifying glass to light ants on fire, and then perhaps host a week of shows on the sudden flaming ants epidemic."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:56 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Josiah wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily count it out on budget alone- I daresay that the Pokemon franchise is worth more than the Dragon Ball franchise.

Ash would of course be played by Shia Lebouf, with Brock played by Will Smith, and Misty played by Lindsay Lohan.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:42 am 
Pokémon Master

Stevenson wrote:
Josiah wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily count it out on budget alone- I daresay that the Pokemon franchise is worth more than the Dragon Ball franchise.

Ash would of course be played by Shia Lebouf, with Brock played by Will Smith, and Misty played by Lindsay Lohan.

not rlly, they just need little kids who can act well. I've actually seen kid actors in NY Broadways who can act better than some movie adult actors.

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:28 pm 
Mew

When I was talking about special effects, I meant for the pokémon. And, while Stevenson is right about the franchise's popularity, even the Harry Potter movies don't have particularily good special effects (especially when it comes to the monsters). Really, ILM and Weta seem to be the only special effects houses able to create fully digital creatures that look natural and believable standing next to live humans.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:56 pm 
Pokémon Master

Josiah wrote:
When I was talking about special effects, I meant for the pokémon. And, while Stevenson is right about the franchise's popularity, even the Harry Potter movies don't have particularily good special effects (especially when it comes to the monsters). Really, ILM and Weta seem to be the only special effects houses able to create fully digital creatures that look natural and believable standing next to live humans.

I agree, I didn't like most of the effects in Harry Potter. The digital creatures in Lord of The RIngs look a lot more realistic than Harry Potter and especially Chronicles of Narnia. I thought Eragon had the worst effects ever.

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:10 pm 
Gym Leader

White_Samurai wrote:
Josiah wrote:

I agree, I didn't like most of the effects in Harry Potter. The digital creatures in Lord of The RIngs look a lot more realistic than Harry Potter and especially Chronicles of Narnia. I thought Eragon had the worst effects ever.

Eragon was one of the worst books-made-movies ever. Period.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:41 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Kaida wrote:
White_Samurai wrote:
Josiah wrote:

Eragon was one of the worst books-made-movies ever. Period.

OH GAWD! That movie was FAAAAAAAAIIIIIILLLLLLLLL. AWFUL.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:53 am 
Random Trainer

I hated the Eragon movie more than any other movie I've seen, and I've seen The Twelve Chairs! It did no justice to the book at all and you didn't even get the plot or what was going on in the movie. I loved the Eragon book so that movie just crushed me... And jeez, the movie was short even by short movie standards. That movie was just rushed so they could get it out during the peek of the popularity of the book. But anyway, I'm straying away from topic now... just had to vent a little of that out, ya know.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:07 am 
Pokémon Master

Maybe if the studio made the effects good enough, the computer generated Pokemon would look outstanding.

Trophy Case:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next