It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:44 pm 
Random Trainer

http://www.dragonball-live.fr/en/

Yeah, I think all the diehards here, if any are going to whine about this, or those who aren't diehard fans are going to run to bomb shelter when it comes out.

http://www.pokeplushies.com/feed/785421
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hyperion(4); Gender - Male; Abilities - Blaze, Keen Eye;Attacks - Leer, Tackle,Ember,Double Team;Holding - Nothing
Celsius(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Bug, Ice; Abilities: Shed Skin, Inner Focus; Attacks: Powder Snow, Protect,Double Team,Tackle
Cobra(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Shed Skin, Storm Drain; Attacks: Mud-Slap, Leer, Harden,Bite
Eric (2) - Gender: Male; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Trace, Keen Eye; Attacks: Growl, Gust, Sand-Attack
Bruce (3) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Fighting; Abilities: Guts, Sand Veil; Attacks: Tackle, Poison Sting,Absorb, Helping Hand

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:12 pm 
Mew

As much as I like Dragon Ball, it's just nothing something that could be easily made into a live action movie (though I suppose the original DB would be easier than DBZ). Anyway, I'm fully expecting the movie to turn out horribly, especially considering how much they're screwing with the plot (Goku as a highschool student? What the heck?).

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:24 pm 
Random Trainer

I know! Goku never went to school and Gohan didn't die when hewas 18. the old man was killed by the monkeyfied goku during the full moon.

that and the movie pics show no sign of Chi-chi's dad, the ox king.

Hyperion(4); Gender - Male; Abilities - Blaze, Keen Eye;Attacks - Leer, Tackle,Ember,Double Team;Holding - Nothing
Celsius(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Bug, Ice; Abilities: Shed Skin, Inner Focus; Attacks: Powder Snow, Protect,Double Team,Tackle
Cobra(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Shed Skin, Storm Drain; Attacks: Mud-Slap, Leer, Harden,Bite
Eric (2) - Gender: Male; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Trace, Keen Eye; Attacks: Growl, Gust, Sand-Attack
Bruce (3) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Fighting; Abilities: Guts, Sand Veil; Attacks: Tackle, Poison Sting,Absorb, Helping Hand

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:12 pm 
Mew

I could think of plenty of more important things to pick on than the lack of the Ox king, personally. But yeah, looks like they're doing a particularily good job mangling the original story.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:44 am 
Gym Leader

Well they've been showing previews for it constantly on Toasted TV. I've already picked up on a few things. But I will wait and hopefully not complain about this as much as I did with Eragon. *Begins to mumble about the Eragon movie*

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:51 pm 
Mew

As bad as the Eragon movie was, I'n can pretty much guarentee DB Evolution is going to be worse. The trailors look so bad I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to actually pay to watch it...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:49 pm 
Gym Leader

if thats the case Josiah then I'm going to have a majour problem. I was having fits about them not getting the character descriptions right and Eragon's sword. It's supposed to be Red with a Ruby Not A Sapphire. It's not that hard to get that right, come on.

You know, I don't think that no matter how much I try I will never get over that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:38 pm 
Mew

My complaints with the Eragon movie were a bit less technical. Such as how they dropped all traces of character development, had Sapphira magically grow to full size in like ten seconds, and how everyone knew things they weren't supposed to. But Eragon book was never one of my favorites anyway (it's not bad, by any means, but I've read plenty of better stuff). But, on a similiar note, you don't want to get me started on the Harry Potter movies. HP is my favorite book series and I could go on and on about how badly they screwed up and every little stupid change they made.

The DB movies, however, seems to be on an entirely other level. It seems like they basically just took the character names and a one sentence description of the entire plot of the original DB (Something like, "A boy learns to fight and stops an evil demon king from taking over the world with the magic dragon balls.") made a movie based on that, completely ignoring all the details of the story. I've only ever seen one other movie which took that approach, The Wolves of Willbychase, and it was horrible. Actually the Legend of the Seeker TV series (which was supposedly based on the excellent Sword of Truth novels) seemed to be taking that approach too, which is why I stopped watching it after three episodes. But anyway, if you like Dragon Ball in any way, you're probably better off avoiding the movie.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:30 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Unless you're going to see it for the lulz. "That's Master Roshi? What drugs were they taking when they taking when they made that casting decision?" "And that's why America sucks and Japan is awesome."

Yeah... from what I've heard, it wouldn't be a bad movie... if you can forget that it's supposed to be Dragon Ball. They didn't try to follow the story at all, but that shouldn't be a surprise. Akira Toriyama approves, either way... this movie's crazy popular in Japan, actually. Kinda funny that they like the American adaptation where as most American fans wish it stayed closer to the Japanese.

Anyway, I'm definitely going to see it, even though I never really watched Dragon Ball. Even without seeing the original I can appreciate a So Bad it's Good.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:30 pm 
Gym Leader

Oh god, Gohan being struck down by ninjas just made me laugh. Also, wasn't it the four star dragon ball that Goku got? I'm not sure.

Volgel(4):Magneduo- Gender: Male; Type: Electric, Flying; Abilities: Magnet Pull, Early Bird; Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Pursuit
Schwann(4):Bronzling- Gender: Female; Type: Steel, Psychic; Abilities: Levitate, Heatproof; Attacks: Wrap, Confusion, Growl, Hypnosis
Swapi (4):Larxy- Gender: Female; Type: Normal, Flying; Abilities: Natural Cure, Serene Grace; Attacks: Peck, Charm, Sing, Fury Attack
Zutodile (4):Hydra(SDC) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Inner Focus, Torrent; Attacks: Leech Life, Scratch, Supersonic, Water gun
IC as of 6/7/09: 737

Signature site, how original!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:25 pm 
Random Trainer

Correct nab, it was the 4 star ball.How they screwed that up is beyond me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:31 pm 
Gym Leader

Nab?

I might just watch it for the laughs. Goku in high school, evil ninjas killing already dead people, Sifu Norris... I swear they did this on purpose.

Volgel(4):Magneduo- Gender: Male; Type: Electric, Flying; Abilities: Magnet Pull, Early Bird; Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Pursuit
Schwann(4):Bronzling- Gender: Female; Type: Steel, Psychic; Abilities: Levitate, Heatproof; Attacks: Wrap, Confusion, Growl, Hypnosis
Swapi (4):Larxy- Gender: Female; Type: Normal, Flying; Abilities: Natural Cure, Serene Grace; Attacks: Peck, Charm, Sing, Fury Attack
Zutodile (4):Hydra(SDC) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Inner Focus, Torrent; Attacks: Leech Life, Scratch, Supersonic, Water gun
IC as of 6/7/09: 737

Signature site, how original!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:57 pm 
Gym Leader

Um, Goku had the 4 star dragon ball. He's always had the 4 star one.

Also my advice for those who haven't seen it. Whilst watching the movie. Do not try to criticize it. Wait until the movie has finished. I saw it yesterday and I could pull it to tiny little pieces, and I've seen hardly any of the original Bragonball series.

And yeah Goku in high school >_< They completely murdered Goku's character. Goku wasn't Goku...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:38 pm 
Random Trainer

auragongal wrote:
Correct nab, it was the 4 star ball.How they screwed that up is beyond me.

That wasn't me, but yeah, he should have the 4 star.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:47 pm 
Gym Leader

He has the 4 star dragon ball in the movie.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next