It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:04 pm 
Mew

It's the seventh annual Week of Randomness! To celebrate, we'll be bringing back one of the most popular days from each of the previous six years!

Rules:
1. The event will run from Sunday Dec 15th - Saturday Dec 21th (US Eastern Standard Time, which is the default time setting on the forums).
2. Every single day of the week will be different. Details for each day will be posted in the schedule at least a couple days ahead of time so keep checking this post.
3. There is no need to "enter", if you post during the duration of the event you're automatically entered.
4. You will be judged each day based on how well your posts comply to that day's rules.
5. Quality of posts and number of posts will also be taken into account (the higher the quality of your posts and the more posts you make the better, assuming they follow that day's rules).
6. Each day people will be awarded first, second, and third place for that day and each of those three people will be awarded points. Whoever has the most posts at the end of the week wins. However, you will not be told who won each day until after the week is over.
7. To avoid screwing things up, the daily rules do not apply to RP posts unless specifically noted. Following the daily rules in game threads is good, but only so long as you don't break the rules of the game itself.

Schedule:
Sunday the 15th: Alas, what day on which yon sun doth dawn? As it brought light to that fair first day, so too shall Talk Like a Shakespeare Character Day shine upon us.

Monday the 16th: This is a day, a day when all my plans will come to fruition. Yes, a day which I have been working towards for years, decades even. It all began when I was but a child and- What? You don't need to know all this? But it's the return of Needlessly Monologue Day!

Tuesday the 17th: There may be a day when the courage of men will fail and evil will blanket the land, but today is not that day! Today is Speak in Overly Epic Heroic Speeches Day!

Wednesday the 18th: In The Week of Randomness we yearn
Each and every day's theme to learn
And now it's time to say
Speak in Limericks Day
Will make its triumphant return

Thursday the 19th: Baby, you know I love you almost as much as Flirt with the Person Above You Using Really Bad Pick-Up Lines Day.

Friday the 20th: Really remarkable return of Amazingly Awesome Alliteration Day.

Saturday the 21st: SUPER COMBO MIX-UP DAY
Option 1: Badly flirt with the person above you as an overly heroic Shakespeare character.
Option 2: Monologue in alliterating limericks.

Prizes:
1st Prize: Award Image, Special Blooper Reel Strip
2nd Prize: Award Image, Cameo in Winner's Blooper Reel Strip
3rd Prize: Award Image

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:25 am 
Mew

Take heart dear companions, for begun hath this time we call The Week of Randomness. Tis fate, both kind and cruel, that has brought us here once again and, on the morrow, we shalt once more partake in another beloved theme, now revealed for all in yon post above.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:06 am 
Mew

You know, it was rather hard to choose only one day's theme from each previous year for this year's Week of Randomness. Sure, some years it was obvious. I mean, clearly no one wanted the return of Don't Use the Letter E day, or something like that. But a lot of years had several good themes and if I wanted to keep the whole return of old themes thing a secret I couldn't exactly ask everyone for opinions. In the end though, I'm pretty happy with the list I came up with. It was an effort, for sure. One full of tales with which to regale you with. But, sadly, this isn't the time. At very least you may now look upon Tuesday's theme in the rules post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:15 am 
Mew

My friends, gather your courage and brace yourself for a great revelation is upon us! But I know that, so long as we combine our powers, we will be able to face the legendary challenge that is tomorrow's theme!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:51 am 
Mew

Here where these forums are hosted
The Week of Randomness we have toasted
I'm pleased to say
On this fine day
Thursday's theme has just been posted

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:38 am 
Mew

Baby, you and I could go places together. Because we're the same person... Yeah, this really doesn't work well with double posts. But hey, Friday's theme has been posted.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:02 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Oh honey, if I had only known you needed someone else, I would've been here in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:23 pm 
Mew

Oh/Silver, your words are as dazzling as your name.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:49 am 
Mew

Saturday's surprising shockingly stupendous theme was prodigiously posted post-haste.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:47 am 
Mew

The Week of Randomness is over! Unfortunately, we didn't have a lot of competitors this year, but I hope everyone still had fun. Winners will be announced later in the week.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:11 am 
Mew

Sorry for the delay. So, here's how it went down...

Sunday: Talk like a Shakespeare Character Day
5 Points – Poison
3 Points – Silver
2 Points – Stevenson

Everyone got of to a good start but Poison had the most posts and a cool picture, getting her the win.

Monday: Needlessly Monologue Day
5 Points – Poison
3 Points – BFC
2 Points – Silver

BFC joined for a day and managed to just edge past Silver due to having a longer post. But Poison won with more posts and another picture.

Tuesday: Speak in Overly Epic Heroic Speeches Day
5 Points – Poison

Poison and I were the only ones posting that day...

Wednesday: Speak in Limericks Day
5 Points – Silver
3 Points – Poison

Silver and Poison both had some great stuff, but Silver won the day with post quality and quantity.

Thursday: Flirt with the Person Above You Using Really Bad Pick-Up Lines Day
5 Points – Silver and Poison

A tie, with Silver's larger number of posts balancing out with Poison's picture.

Friday: Amazingly Awesome Alliteration Day
5 Points – Poison
3 Points – Silver

Silver slowed down again, with Poison having both more posts and a picture for the win.

Saturday: SUPER COMBO MIX-UP DAY
Option 1: Badly flirt with the person above you as an overly heroic Shakespeare character.
Option 2: Monologue in alliterating limericks.
5 Points – Silver

With Poison sick, Silver and I were the only ones to post.

28 - Poison
18 - Silver
2 - Stevenson
2 - BFC

Though Stevenson and BFC tied for points, Stevenson made far more posts overall, so I decided to give him third place.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]