It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:52 am 
Mew

Well yeah, but where's the fun in that?

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:39 am 
Mew

Ok, it's time...

The forums have been pretty slow for the last few months and KotF started out in much the same way. Marley made his annual return and Saber gave him a good run for his money but otherwise competition was pretty slow, with Poison and Silver lazily competing for third. Things were so slow that I didn't even post a bonus challenge for the first week. But then everything changed... A post war between Marley and Silver in the Guess the Next Poster game led them both to start contacting old members and Facebook, via e-mail, and the like and trying to drag them back to the forums. They were remarkably successfull. Some people (like Terra) only made a couple of posts, others returned to being fairly active (like Kaida, and Gar), and Stevenson jumped into KotF with a vengence. Suddenly KotF was very busy, with lots of lots of posts. It even allowed Marley to set a personal best in terms of number of posts made in a KotF (though he didn't break any of the KotF records). When the dust settled, the winners were...

Marley's win, unsurprisingly, came primarily due to his massive ammount of game posts. Saber came very close to unseating him (see the scores below), thanks to strong posting and a lot of bonus points, but she got busy and her activity dropped considerably during the last part of the contest. Had she posted a little bit more then, or finished that second comic for the last bonus challenge that she mentioned, she probably would have had it. Poison dissapeared for the last week and a half or so, falling entirely out of the running for third. Stevenson made a valient attempt, came close to catching up with Silver on post count (despite his late start), and managed to pick up a number of bonus points from all the new threads he started. But all the bonus points Silver picked up in the challenges and from his efforts to bring back old members were enough to keep him in third. Final scores are:

897.5 - Blastotoise
880.5 - Saber
513 – Silver
437.5 - Stevenson
296 – Josiah
209.5 – PoisonWing14
87.5 – Giga-Gar
57.5 - Kaida
46.5 – Matrix Kirby
45 – Atma
43- BionicleMandi121
35- Puyon
29.5 - Simeon
28 - Shauni
26 - grassquilUV
13 – Cheezdude
12- Neo Zanther
9 - Simsmagic
6 – SuzuTitor / Collychan
5 - Skylarmt
3 – Doodleshark
2- Terra5
1 - Faustgy

Finally, I wanted to make a little something for Stevenson, Gar, Kaida, and the other awesome members who returned to the forums so...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:54 am 
Gym Leader

Yay, Definatly keeping that image. ^_^

And congrats guys, maybe Marley will be dethroned next year. . .

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:24 am 
Pokémon Legend

Awwwww yea. That was so much fun : D. Go ahead and give my 25 dollars to PV.

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:34 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Ah, so close, and yet so very far away. Dash. Ah, well. I suppose I have a lock on the next RP week, should such a thing be likely, haha!

It was such a joy to compete in this competition, though, and thank you Josiah for counting all of those posts!

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:09 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Drat, too bad I never finished that comic. Damn you League!

But actually, my level of activity dropped because I realized I like the title of Princess better than queen. Gratz, Marley!

Oh, and I'll take the copy of Guardian of the Stone :D

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:40 pm 
Mew

Silver, you still need to know what you want for your prize.

Also, BONUS!!! For Marley, Stevenson, Saber, or any other LoL player who grabs it first. Here's a code I picked up at the Riot booth at GDC. It's for some special skins and should expire in a day or two if not used.
Riot Graves: NEELEGW7RNNKFT
Full Metal Rammus: NEAQLNXMXFW4ND

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:18 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

I snagged the Graves one, but I'll let somebody else get the Rammus one. Thanks a heap, Josiah!

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:44 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Too bad I have neither champion, nor can I afford either of them :(

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:07 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Oh, no, it gives you the champion too.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:54 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Yaaay it's finally over! We don't have to post at insane rates just to pretend we have a chance of competing with Marley anymore!

Oh, I should pick a prize. Um... for my third place finish, I would like...

For Stevenson to receive honorary Dukedom. Because seriously, he was only around for like a week and he almost caught up. Speaking in terms of proportions, had he known about the competition earlier, he would've destroyed me. Plus, he's posted way more in this week following the KotF than I have, so if we were to give him the same length of time to compete that I had, he really would've won. Seems only fair.

I don't need the title; I already get a special one. And he legitimately earned it in my opinion.

Failing that, donate the $5 to PV I guess. With all the others you've gotten it may actually amount to something.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:22 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Actually, the five dollars would bring it up to fifty, as I donated twenty myself...and ostensibly, that would make Josiah update five times a week....which, given the circumstances, may not be for the best...

Seriously though, I'm incredibly humbled by the sentiment, whether or not it's deemed an appropriate prize.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:55 pm 
Mew

I'm giving the matter some thought, and will post my decision tonight or tomorrow.

As for the five times a week updates, it wouldn't start until May so... It's actually a bit hard to say. If my current plans remain the same, I'll be on summer vacation and hanging out in CO with my family so a couple of extra PV strips per week shouldn't be much of a problem. On the other hand, I'm looking into some other potential job options since my college hasn't confirmed whether or not they'll be keeping the game program around next school year (it could depend on early registration numbers, and registration hasn't opened yet) and it's not my ideal job anyway. So if I get a good job offer, and it starts soon after this semester ends (possible, depending on the job), May could be a hectic mix of packing and moving.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:24 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I don't think anyone would blame you for either delaying it until a convenient month, or maybe spreading it out differently... Four updates a week for two months, or something.

But if it's gonna be an issue I could pick something else. I mean, a bonus comic wouldn't be bad either. And hey, make it about Stevenson usurping my Dukey throne and that's like a victory. Sort of.

Or you could just go for my first proposal and that's taken care of.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:28 pm 
Mew

Ok, I've decided that Silver will keep his Duke title but Stevenson will made Vice-Duke. He'll get an image and special rank, but no other prize.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2