It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:50 am 
Mew

There hasn't been a lot of participation in the last two bonus challenges so here's an even easier one. I want you to make a post in this thread explaining why you deserve to win some bonus points in this challenge. Note that you do not have to be too serious (and it's probably better if you aren't). Entries will be judged on reasoning (twisted or not) and humor. You have through Saturday (the 24th) to post.

First Prize: 30 points
Second Prize: 20 points
Third Prize: 10 points

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:40 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

(Well, I might as well try this out...nothing really to lose.)

I, Poison, think I deserve to win some bonus points because, although I haven't been able to participate as much as I would have like to, what I have put in this year has been my all. When I actually have the time (after finishing homework, school projects, and the like) I try to get in a few posts here and there. Also, for some of the other previous events, I was, much like this year, dealing with various other things that required my attention, so I was unable to get back here all that often.

On top of that, I like to think I am quite the fun poster with a good amount of humor, and I always try to use correct grammar and spelling.

Oh, and I also happen to be rather good at chess, spriting (the making and modification of sprites), and I got a 100% on my last Bio test! Those count as good reasons, right?

And finally, I believe that I should get some extra points because, hey, based on the previous bonus challenges, I might be the only one who posts here!

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."
- Nick Brick, Lego Island

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:10 pm 
Pokémon Legend

I believe that I should get some bonus points, because I GO SO HARDCORE IN THE GAME TIME THREAD. Seriously though, I have a lot of half points. A lot. and I only have MAYBE like 10 regular points. I need theses points to balance it out...and I figure, hey, at least I'll try it out, since, unfortunately, no one seems to be posting that much, which kind of sucks. The only person I have to worry about is Silver, who is sure to come up with something ridiculous to get points for this. Fingers crossed I get at least second though : D

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:55 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

You're right I'm the only one you have to watch out for, but I won't be coming up with some ridiculous reason for it. My reason as to why I should be getting points for this is pretty obvious and not-ridiculous: it's because I'm about the most awesome person here. I'm friendly, my grammar's good, and I don't end every post with an awkwardly-spaced smilie. I'm taking time out of my busy schedule (I should seriously be writing that paper right now) just to grace you with this plea for points. For you see, my reason goes beyond just being awesome: I need these points. I need them... to beat Marley. For years, he's been trying desperately to win this contest, but he has failed every time, often by just a few (like, say, 8) points. So why should we let him win now? What's so special about this year that we should ruin his losing streak? That's the sort of thing that we should preserve for at least five or ten more years. At least. Besides, this year is like, baby stuff. He didn't go head-to-head with Neo during the first KotF. And he didn't even try last year, after his crushing defeat from Saber the year before. That's just cowardice! We can't have a king who's a coward! Yeah, all that, and I think it would be funny to see him fail. Again. In conclusion, I am awesome and I think we all like to laugh at Marley's expense so give me points.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:33 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Well played good sir. Well played. But, I do have to counter-point: My smiles are perfectly spaced. With a smile such as ":D", there is no room for the nose. I give space for the invisible nose, without actually having to put one in. I let your imagination do the work.

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:10 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

I, grass, should get the bonus points because I am the dark horse> When people think of who's the king of the forums, who do they think of? Someone like Marley, or Silver, or Saber, that's who! But, what if someone was to completely come out of the blue and win? I think this could have huge effects in the long run, it would in the short run, bring more competition into the events, and in the long term, get more people to post more enough, because then they know to watch their recent post counts and not rely on seniority to be able to win events. They will actually have to depend on their own abilities, which could cause them all to lose to some newbie, or long-running dark horse. That's why I should win the points.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:12 pm 
Combusken

I, The game master, should get the points because i am a newbie. I mean, look at me! I didn't even know what this was 5 minutes ago! and when you think about KoTF, Who do you think of? The People with a million posts! And what about me, I don't even have 50 posts yet! Wouldn't it be amazing if someone like ME got the points? People would be like "Whoa! if He got those points, i can too!" And if this isn't enough to convince you, I Am the Ultimate Lord Of The Pizza clan! I have stopped the war between the Ice cream Clan and the Marshmallow clan! HOW did i do this? Being an immature, Pizza loving, Idiot.

And that's why i should get the points.
Because i'm an Immature, Pizza loving, Sprite comic reading, Video game playing, idiot.

Wisdom is not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:14 pm 
Random Trainer

While all those above have provided adequate reasons to promote their cause, I believe that I too deserve bonus points this year. I've been a member of this delightful place for eight years, since December 2004, yet I have never won any form of title in the annual festivity that is the King of the Forums event. There are only three other senior members that remain actively involved here; of those, one can't participate due to being responsible for the entire competition, one has been endowed with all three titles at least once each, and the last took top prize the first year we engaged in this activity. It is time for me to get a little of my own spotlight for remaining such a faithful resident of Pebble Version Forums.

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:43 pm 
Mew

There were some good reasons here but I have to say that I found Silver's reasoning hillarious (sorry, Marley) so he gets first prize. Here's the complete winner list.

30 Points - Silver
20 Points - TIE Zfrank and Poison
10 Points - Marley

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]