It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:16 am 
Mew

It's time once again for a year ending (or week a little before the end of the year ending) party of crazy themed days. Welcome to The Week of Randomness 2011!

Rules
1. The event will run from Sunday Dec 11th - Saturday Dec 17th (US Mountain Standard Time, which is the default time setting on the forums).
2. Every single day of the week will be different. Details for each day will be posted in the schedule at least a couple days ahead of time so keep checking this post.
3. There is no need to "enter", if you post during the duration of the event you're automatically entered.
4. You will be judged each day based on how well your posts comply to that day's rules.
5. Quality of posts and number of posts will also be taken into account (the higher the quality of your posts and the more posts you make the better, assuming they follow that day's rules).
6. Each day people will be awarded first, second, and third place for that day and each of those three people will be awarded points. Whoever has the most posts at the end of the week wins. However, you will not be told who won each day until after the week is over.
7. To avoid screwing things up, the daily rules do not apply to RP posts unless specifically noted. Following the daily rules in game threads is good, but only so long as you don't break the rules of the game itself.

Schedule
Sunday the 11th: This is a disaster! It's, like, totally time for Talk Like a Cliche Person of the Opposite Gender Day and I have nothing to wear and my hair is a mess!!! I'll never get the cute boys' attention like this...
Monday the 12th: You may think this is just an ordinary day but no, alien invaders are working with the government to overthrow the world! Their agents are everywhere and Be Extremely Paranoid Day is just the latest step in their horrible plan!
Tuesday the 13th: Hey baby, do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again and tell you about Flirt with the Person Above You Using Really Bad Pick-Up Lines Day?
Wednesday the 14th: I just wanted to say, it's Speak in Rhymes Day!
Thursday the 15th: Today is most definately not Confidently Spout Incorrect Information Day. It's clearly Act Like a Potato Day.
Friday the 16th: It's Speak in Lines from a Song Day (which is, annoying, not a line from any song)
Saturday the 17th: SUPER COMBO MIX UP DAY!!! On this day you can use either of the following combo themes. Note that you're allowed to switch themes between, but NOT in the middle of, posts.
Option 1: Talk like a cliche person of the opposite gender who spouts lots of bad pick-up lines and incorrect information.
Options 2: Be a paranoid person who likes to speak in rhymes and lines from songs.

Prizes
1st Prize: Award Image, Special Blooper Reel Strip
2nd Prize: Award Image, Cameo in Winner's Blooper Reel Strip
3rd Prize: Award Image

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:29 pm 
Pokémon Master

I don't think I can do it this year. Got some stuff on my shoulders and at school to be doing... At the most, I'll try to be on at least one of those days. Have fun to whoever's participating, though! ;-)

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:51 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Ohohohoh, Oh boy. I'm sure it'll be plenty fun this year. Have fun, my fellow participants! :clap:
(hopes not do overdo things, though. Felt really derpy last year due to newbie experience.)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:49 pm 
Mew

The Week of Randomness starts tomorrow! In the meantime, I added Monday's theme to the first post.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:48 pm 
Mew

Whee!!!! The Week of Randomness is here! I'm super excited! I've got a new outfit for every day and I'm just so excited that I have to call all my friends and tell them that the theme for Tuesday has been added to the list!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:34 am 
Mew

Wednesday's theme has been posted but there's something suspicious about it. They've been trying to control us for a long time and I'm afraid that this might be part of their plan...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:42 am 
Mew

Look at you is like looking in a mirror, baby. We've that clearly meant for each other. Want to go talk about Thurdsday's theme?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:43 am 
Mew

It's a beautiful day,
on which to say,
that I've added the theme for Friday,
so great it with a cheer of "yay"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:28 am 
Mew

Check it! (The first post, for Saturday's theme.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:23 am 
Mew

Thanks for participating, everyone! Winners will be announced later this week.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:56 am 
Mew

Here's the results for the first few days.

Sunday: Talk Like a Cliché Person of the Opposite Gender Day
5 Points – Silver
3 Points – Saber
2 Points – Metal

The first day started out a little slowly but everyone seemed to have fun with it. Silver got the win with a lot of great posts and an appropriate sprite but Saber, despite her complaints about the guys having it easier, was close behind and Metal wasn't far behind her.

Monday: Be Extremely Paranoid Day
5 Points – Neo
3 Points – Metal & Poison
2 Points – Silver

Neo returned and jumped right into the middle of things, using his old speed posting skills to make a lot of posts. Metal and Poison were really into the theme as well, but couldn't keep up with Neo. Silver didn't have nearly as many posts, but his sprite for the day helped him get third.

Tuesday: Flirt with the Person Above You Using Really Bad Pick-Up Lines Day
5 Points – Silver
3 Points – Metal & Saber
2 Points – Blivsey

Silver really had fun with this one and had a lot of great pick-up lines, in addition to his usual sprite. Metal and Saber were close behind with lots of cringe worthy flirting of their own. Finally, Blivsey didn't post nearly as much as the others, but all his posts were pretty good, earning him third.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:31 am 
Mew

Time announce the winners for the rest of the days and the week as a whole!

Wednesday: Speak in Rhymes Day
5 Points – Metal
3 Points – Silver
2 Points – Blivsey

Metal had a lot of fun on this day and out posted everyone else by a good bit. Meanwhile, despite complaining about the theme, Silver had some good posts of his own, including an excellent post in Saying Hi, allowing him to steal second place away from Blivsey.

Thursday: Confidently Spout Incorrect Information Day
5 Points – Saber
3 Points – Silver
2 Points – Metal

Silver and Saber were neck and neck for a while but, in the end, Saber had more posts and just managed to pass up Silver. Metal did pretty good as well...but not until after he realized that it wasn't actually Act Like a Potato Day, which hurt his score a bit.

Friday: Speak in Lines from a Song Day
5 Points – Silver & Saber
3 Points – Metal
2 Points – Poison

Nothing too surprising here. Silver and Saber continued their close competition from the previous day and ended up tying for first while Metal got a close second and Poison a respectable third.

Saturday: SUPER COMBO MIX-UP DAY
5 Points – Silver
3 Points – Metal
2 Points – Saber

Aside from myself, Silver, Saber, and Metal were actually the only people who took part in this day. Of the three, Metal had the most posts but Silver did the best job utilizing both posting options and had a sprite, which pushed him into first. Saber didn't post much but the ones she made were good and, with no other competition, she had no trouble taking third.

And the final scores for the entire week are...
28 – Silver
21 - Metal
18 – Saber
8 - Poison
5 – Neo
4 - Blivsey

Congrats! I hope everyone had fun and has a merry Christmas.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:58 am 
Pokémon Master

Thanks Josiah! ;-) Congratulations, Saber and Silver! I'm surprised I had more time to do it this year, contrary to my previous post on this thread.

Merry Christmas to all!

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:27 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Schwing! Congrats to everyone!

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:44 pm 
Pokémon Champion

ya, kicking myself for not doing more. Somehow just lost the drive after that day. Also didn't help was finishing up finals

But good job everyone.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next