It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:49 pm 
Pokémon Master

i nailed it

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:24 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Ah. It's over. Before the start of the competition, I had 78 posts. now I have 483 or something excluding this one. I feel like a champ. I've never made that many posts within a month on any forum I go on.

Making a place in KoTF would be cool and stuff. Like how I managed 3rd in WoR. That shocked me. But I put actual effort into this, but my determination could not have matched Saber's or Metal's. Making it in 3rd, or even 4th place would be cool. As in it would feel like I already won 1st place.

Good job, everyone! I hoped you had fun and whatnot! I sure as heck did.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:07 pm 
Pokémon Master

Congratulations to all who participated!

I like that spirit you have, Puyon, and I think I'll be glad even if I'm just a Duke this year. Overall, it was the first and only KoTF contest I ever participated in, and I found it really fun and all and it got me into the forums a lot, too. Next year, if I participate again, I'm going to give it an even harder shot!

Again, I, too, hope everyone had fun! Peace out!

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:16 pm 
Gym Leader

I guess the post count is still going on? x3
I propose about 3-6 days time we know who wins :3
Winters points: 5(, if that D'x)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:55 pm 
Mew

Actually, I usually try to count all posts the day after they're made (unless I'm really busy) so I finished the counting yesterday. After the counting comes the math (I need to add everything up and figure out how many points everyone got), and then after that (once I actually know who won) I need to make the prize images. At this point I'd say that the winners should be announced Friday night at the latest, unless something big and unexpected comes up, in which case it might have to wait until sometime on Saturday.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:22 am 
Mew

And now for the moment you've all been waiting for...

Congrats guys! I hope you, and everyone else, had fun!

Now for my usual commentary. Saber and Metal remained very close for the entire contest. Metal started out in the lead but was eventually passed by Saber. He later passed her up again when her posting slowed and in the end he had the higher post count but Saber's strong performance in the bonus challenge got her the win, though just barely. Marley and returning champion Neo both made very impressive debuts and very nearly caught up to Saber and Metal early on but then Marley dissapeared and Neo only made a few more posts here and there, leaving Saber and Metal as the uncontested top two. As an interesting note, Metal and Saber ended this year's KOTF with the 2nd and 3rd highest post counts in the history of the contest, both slightly surpassing Silver's 1600+ posts from the first KOTF. Though they still fell far short of Neo's 2500+ posts from that same year. In contrast, however, the post counts for this year's third place winners were all a bit low low compared to past years.

As for third place, Puyon and Poison were in a dead heat throughout much of the month. Phonox jumped in a little late but quickly caught up to the two of them. Phonox and Puyon eventually slowed down considerably, allowing Poison to pull ahead. But Puyon's win in the final challenge let her jump back into the lead and take the crown. Silver also received a huge boost from that last challenge and nearly become a serious contender for 3rd place in the process.

Here's the complete score list...
Final Scores
1093 Saber Knight
1082 Metalheadz
500 Josiah (not competing)
285 Puyon
262 PoisonWing14
247.5 Phonox
217.5 Silver
128.5 Blastotoise
92.5 Pikachu127
90.5 Neo Zanther
77 Demosthenes
59 Siranae
52 Kaida
32 Shauni
36.5 Cheezdude
22.5 CollyChan
13.5 BionicleMandi121
12 Winters Rage
8 auragongal
7.5 kako*^_^*
7.5 Stevenson
7 MidnightRose
6.5 PoikSpirit
5 Luke
3.5 Simsmagic
3 Faustgy
2 Artemis
2 Chubby Gray Cat
2 ImmortalLiam
2 merlin
2 Zovesta
1.5 Aquantica
1 Zoras

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:53 am 
Pokémon Legend

Wow, that DID end up being quite close! I knew it!

WHEE! My reign of terror continues! I smell a dynasty!!!

Uhm, give me a bit to think about the prize. As was the condition last year, I'd really like the book... but... I'm 17, my parents will be kind of freaked if a package shows up from someone they've never heard of and if I have to explain it's the interwebz they'll be... not entirely happy. Whenever they question who you guys are when they see I have some of you facebook friended... you're either a camp friend who moved, someone I met at a marching band competition who moved, or a friend of a friend that I don't even know how I know anymore but a cool pereson... and the thing is, that's more acceptable to them than "internet friend."

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:24 am 
Pokémon Master

Hehe, well what do you know? Congratulations Saber for winning and Puyon for making the top 3!

I think my only problem was I didn't, well, do as good in the contests as I thought I did. No real biggie, though, because I think I'm happy enough being the Prince. I think I'll do better next year, only next time I'll be King. It was very close, I gotta admit, but I gotta give props to everyone for doing such a great job this year. 11 points was really close, but I'm not upset and all I'll say is I can do better next year. It's only my first contest, and I'm glad just to have the experience. :-)

Again, congratulations to everyone who competed! I had a lot of fun and I look forward to next year's KoTF contest.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:47 am 
Gym Leader

Wow, I got 12 x3
Maybe I should have tried to get 20th xD

Congrats Saber! I knew you could do it, even though I didn't know about it!
Metal, nice job, you succeded in achieving your goal by placing in KotF, unfortunately, next year, I'm gonna be the king! ;-\
Nice job, Puyon! I don't know you very much, but I'm pretty sure we've met before x3 Nonetheless, Congratulations ~!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:04 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

...I.... uh.... holy crap. THIS IS AWESOME. Like- Really awesome. Third place! Oh yeah, Congratulations, Saber! Same to you, Metal!
And the rest of you who competed, as well!
I guess that last challenge seriously helped. But the 3rd place win was what I was really aiming for because... winning Queen or Princess on my first year on the forum.... would feel odd. Don't know why, maybe it would feel like I'm stealing for the veterans. And that was pretty close between Phonox, Poison and I... and all our usernames start with "P". ... Good job, guys!

Maybe next year, I can try and place for 2nd or even 1st. Not saying that I'll make it, but it'd still be cool.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:34 pm 
Mew

I can see why some parents would be warry of people their kids meet on the internet. Though in my case I've got a whole bunch of web sites and photos of myself online to prove that I'm not some weird 40 year old guy living in a basement. But anyway, just let me know when you decide on a prize, Saber. Same to you Puyon, third prize is more than just the banner and title.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:44 pm 
Shiny Shedinja

Aww...so close. Oh Well, Good job to you, Saber, Metal, and Puyon!

(Hey, since I got 4th, (5th, counting Josiah) can I un-officially call myself the Royal Guard or Jester? =w= )

"Remember: Not only does crime not pay, but you don't get a health plan, either."
- Nick Brick, Lego Island

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:52 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

...Oh yeah. *looks at prizes*
I would totally say "Sprite Comic" if I had more than one sprite to work with (the second one hardly counts) Unless you can somehow use that one sprite.
But if not, then I'll happily accept the small piece of artwork from Shauni.

...Well, Poison, I think you'd be more than a Jester.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:02 pm 
Mew

I can work with one sprite if you'd like me to. I wouldn't be the first time. I only have two poses for my Josiah sprite, after all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:07 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

You can't be the Jester, I'm the Jester! You can be an... Earl or something. Yeah. So just go be an Earl somewhere.

...And yay happy congratulations and everything good to the winners people.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next