It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:27 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

You did a lot too man, just Friday I feel that I could have posted more. But it was my B-day and I wanted to go out.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:37 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

oh boy... that was a fun week. It boosted my activity too >.> but that's not the point. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did these past few days.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:33 pm 
Mew

Glad everyone enjoyed it! Winners will be announced a little later this week, after I've got the prize images done. Starting later today or tomorrow (just depending how much time I have) I'll start posting run downs of who won each day.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:35 pm 
Mew

Ok, here's the first batch of dailer results.

Sunday - Talk Like a Romance Novel Character Day
5 Points - Saber & Silver (tie)
3 Points - D.G.
2 Points - Salkium & Puyon (tie)

The week got off to a good start and there were lots of awesome posts, making it hard to choose a winner. Overall though, I enjoyed Silver and Saber's posts the most. Saber posted a bit more but Silver had his theme appropriate sprite so they ended up tying. D.G. came in next with a decent number of good posts. Finally Salkium and Puyon tied for third. Puyon didn't post much but what she did post was awesome. And, while Salkium's posts weren't on the level of some of the others, he did make quite a lot of them. Metal made a decent showing that day as well but he was a bit more hippy lovey dovey than romance novely, which is why he didn't rank.

Monday - Teach a Lesson in Every Post Day
5 Points - Saber
3 Points - D.G. & Gar (tie)
2 Points - Silver and Puyon (tie)

There were a lot of different approaches to this days theme and a lot of the posts seemed to tend a bit more towards being in a classroom than actually teaching a lesson. In the end, I felt that Saber had the best balance of post quality and number of posts. D.G. and Gar tied for second as they both had some good posts (though not quite as good as Saber's) and posted a decent amount as well. Finally Silver and Puyon tied for third. Neither one posted much but what they did post was really good and Silver had another theme appropriate sprite. Everyone else fell just a little short in terms of either post quality or quantity, it was fairly close though.

Tuesday - Speak in Limmericks Day
5 Points - Silver ans Saber (tie)
3 Points - BFC
2 Points - Poison

My favorite day of the week. It was a lot of fun reading everyone's limmericks. Once again, Silver and Saber dominated with a decent number of really great posts and Silver's daily sprite. BFC had a number of pretty good limmericks of his own and just barely managed to surpass Poison for second place. Finally, Salkium almost took third but didn't quite make it as many of his limmericks didn't follow the proper rhyming scheme.

The rest will probably be announced tomorrow...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:49 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Whoa! I did... significantly better than I thought! And by that I mean WAY better than I thought! I usually post a lot more for WoR, but this year I shot for quality over quanitity... Guess that worked! Plus I just had a party with romance novel character day because of PurplePrincess being such a romantic and her being a bad influence on me :P

Week was def a lot of fun, and helped increase my activity a bit, which was nice :)

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:58 pm 
Mew

Wednesday: Pass on an Important Message with Your Dying Breath Day
5 Points – Silver
3 Points – BFC & Salkium (tie)
2 Points – Saber & Puyon (tie)

This was a pretty interesting day for sure. Some people turned it more into a "get murdered while posting day" but it was all good. In the end, Silver's excellent post quality, appropriate sprite, and good number of posts got him the win. BFC and Salkium had rather good posts and well and made a lot of them, tieing them for second place. Finally, Saber and Puyon both made excellent posts...but very few of them, and ended up in third.

Thursday: Be Perfectly Neutral About Everything Day
5 Points – D.G.
3 Points – Silver & Saber (tie)
2 Points – BFC

I really liked D.G.'s posts on this day. They were all pretty good and he posted a lot more than Silver or Saber (who ended up in second). BFC did rather good as well, edging out Salkium (who didn't strike me as neutral enough) for third.

Friday: Mime Instead of Speaking Day
5 Points - Silver
3 Points – Saber & Puyon (tie)
2 Points – D.G. & Salkium (tie)

I'll admit that this was a tough one but Silver once again rose to the top with a sprite and some great posts. Saber and Puyon both did an excellent job with their miming and tied for second. D.G. had some good posts and managed to tie Salkium, who posted a lot but relied a bit too much on words over actions, for third.

Saturday: SUPER COMBO MIX-UP DAY
Option 1: Be a dying romance novel character who speaks only in limericks.
Option 2: Mime teaching a perfectly neutral class.
5 Points – Saber
3 Points – Silver
2 Points – Puyon

Ah, the traditional combo day. Usually this is one of the less active days due to the difficulty of the theme but this year was an exception. Every post Saber made was completely awesome (especially her limericks) and she made good use of both combo options and posted quite a lot. I'd say she had some of my favorite posts of the entire week here. Silver was a very close second, with great posts using both combo options and a very appropriate sprite but he didn't post quite as much as Saber so he ended up in second place. Finally, Puyon decided to be a bit more active so instead of one or two excellent posts like on previous days, she made several, claiming third place. The other serious contender for the day, Salkium, made a lot of posts but didn't follow the specified combo options and ended up mixing up the themes in all sorts of different ways. While he made some interesting posts that way, it didn't help his daily standing.

So, if you haven't been keeping up with the math, the winners are...

Image Image

Final point totals for the week are:
Silver - 28
Saber - 28
DG - 13
Puyon - 11
BFC - 8
Salkium - 7
Gar - 3
Poison - 2

Congratulations to the winners! The bonus comic should be up in a week or two.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:11 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

*coughs on oxygen* Woah! I didn't expect to win in third place! Or make in a place at all! Loving the picture I'll go set it up no-- oh... *using phone* Uh well... as the wise man says, "I'll get to it eventually.". Nice job Silver and Saber! Though, I shouldn't expect anything less fromyou guys, seeing your history in Randomness. Congratulations everyone else too

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:25 pm 
Pokémon Legend

*falls out of chair* WHOAAAA! Man, it really came down to the last day, didn't it!

Wow, I honestly never even considered the idea that I'd win... until I saw the scores posted for the first few days, then the idea slipped into my head :P During the week, though, I was just posting for fun (didn't really have the time for mass posting) and, as I said, hoped for quality over quantity... didn't think I'd actually place, much less tie for 1st.

Congrats to everyone else, too!!

Josiah wrote:
Every post Saber made was completely awesome (especially her limericks) and she made good use of both combo options and posted quite a lot. I'd say she had some of my favorite posts of the entire week here.

Ahaha, thanks, I had a TON of fun with the last day :P

Side note: I've now won every type of competition on PV (well, I've gotten a Forum Award, so I don't know if that's entirely 'winning', just being a cool bean). :P Queen of the Forums this year, Best Overall Poster for the forum awards, RP Week winner (though it was a tie this year!), and now Ridiculously Random Girl :P

Btudubs, Puyon, the name of your award is kind of a major winner :P

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:43 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Wow, I actually won 2nd place! I'll have to put that cool award image in my signature... as soon as I figure out how...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:42 pm 
Combusken

Congratulations to all the winners! It was quite an entertaining week.

I do have a question, though. Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or does Saber's award say "Ridiculously Random Girl Silver"?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:53 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Faustgy wrote:
Congratulations to all the winners! It was quite an entertaining week.

I do have a question, though. Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or does Saber's award say "Ridiculously Random Girl Silver"?

Bahaha, you're right, aren't you? Pfff, can't believe I didn't notice that one either :P

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:48 pm 
Pokémon Master

Congrats Saber and Silver! and to every other random person on this forum :P

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:08 pm 
Pokémon Master

Good job guys. :3

Cheezdude - 0

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:40 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

That actually wasn't a mistake. I'm so random, I can randomly be both a boy and a girl at the same time... Coincidentally, *Unzips Silver costume to unveil Saber Knight* I'm not actually who you think I am...

*Unzips Saber Knight costume, revealing Poodle*

Poodle? What are you doing here? Get back in your box. I told you I couldn't have you going out while still on that "Master of Disguise" hype, it's just embarrassing...

A-anyway, thanks for all the compliments, guys, and congrats to everyone else. It was a lot of fun! Limerick day was definitely the best, but man, coming up with a character to sprite for it was really tough... and Josiah, I want you to promise me that you'll never pull something like Mime Day ever again! I can only be so random...

*Starts disco dancing to "Mary had a Little Lamb" while wearing a parka and a laser tag vest while standing on top of a polar bear riding a unicycle*

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:24 pm 
Mew

Sorry about that, Saber. I have no idea how I forgot to change the name on there... But it's fixed now.

And don't worry Silver/Poodle/whoever you are, so far I've been trying not to repeat days and, if I ever do, I'll focus on the more popular ones so Mime Day probably won't be making a return.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next