It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:12 pm 
Random Trainer

Would it be o-k if I made a Halloween rp?

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfHeartStudio Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtOfHeartStudi

DeviantART: http://kako-cakes.deviantart.com/ Official Website: http://www.artofheartstudio.wix.com/art ... lifeareone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:17 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

You don't need mod approval for that. You can go ahead and ask about it here, though, to see if anyone's interested.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:59 am 
Articuno

the "view active topics" section of the site keeps showing me "No suitable matches were found." but I'd just made like 3 news posts, even if the sight was inactive it should have found those.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:24 pm 
Mew

Might be a result of the forum upgrade or the general problems the site has been having for the last few days. I'm working on the problems and will probably be upgrading the forums again (the new version is supposed to have a ton of bug fixes) over the weekend. So just keep trying. It'll hopefully be fixed soon.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:54 pm 
Torchic

I don't know if this is the right place for this but here goes:

If there are any Moderator slots open, I would very much like to throw my name in the running. I've developed many forums for various Xbox live clans using Phpbb3 and I have 100 plus hours of hands on experience with the system.

If you need a reference, talk to Marley (blastotoise) he was on some the sites I hosted.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:56 pm 
Pokémon Legend

As much as I hate to admit it, yea he's pretty baller at stuff like. I don't think there are any spots open ATM though,
(Or that you would get one anyway : D)

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:57 pm 
Torchic

Dreams = crushed

On another note, I'd be more than happy to give any advice or lend a hand in anything the existing Mods or the Admin may need.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:37 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Here's the thing about this forum.

It doesn't... really... need much moderation. Josiah on his own could probably handle all of... everything. I'm pretty much the only other active mod, and I barely need use my Modlyness at all. It's not a big enough community to need more than this.

I'd also like to add that we probably wouldn't choose a new member for the position, even if we needed one. Not because we don't think new members are capable, but because there are so many people that join, post for a few weeks, then leave. Before giving someone the power, it's best to confirm that they won't forget the place in a month, you know?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:59 pm 
Torchic

Gotcha, like I said. I would be more than happy to help with anything. Speaking of which, I actually have a handy bbc for youtube links, not that I've seen any videos yet. It's an embed code, so the video would show up in the post. Let me know if you want it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:16 am 
Mew

Thanks for the offer, and I'll let you know if I have any phpbb related questions (though I've been using it for quite a while myself). Silver is right though. Ever since I effectively killed the spam bot problem a few years back, we're rarely needed much moderation. The community isn't that big and tends to be very thoughtful and well behaved (with those that aren't either changing or leaving in relatively short order).

He also has a point about new members. You certainly seem to know what you're doing and, if you stick around for a while and I decide that, sometime down the road, we could use another mod, I'll consider you for the position. For now though, I don't think we have any real need for another mod.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 am 
Torchic

Thanks for the consideration :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:18 am 
Articuno

A little late, but don't forget that I cover the night shift for the forums due to me being in the UK, I cover issues of internationals...but we don't have many, so I tend to miss most if not all issues that require mod-iness. Just posted this to remind new users I'm always on sight at least once a day, so you can PM me with issues that cover American bed times.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:33 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Oh yeah can I be a super mod?

No, the real reason I'm posting is because I don't want to start a new topic, and I wanted to ask if anybody else was having trouble accessing threads. I kept trying to look at new posts or post in games, and I got an error screen. It's obviously fixed now, but what was it?

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:23 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

MY ARCH NEMESIS

GENERAL ERROR

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:29 pm 
Mew

Apparently the posts table crashed. My knowledge of php is too limited to explain exactly what that is or why is happened, but I do know enough to run the repair command on said table, which fixed the problem.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next