It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sonic and Pals
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:16 pm 
Random Trainer

er, sorry, forgot to do this yesterday, any way here is Sonic and Pals!

sure it starts out like a megaman comic but the author, (in the form of shadow) soon Changes X into Sonic and Zero into Knux,

Now for the Characters!

Sonic- formerly X, Sonic is an idiot. And is thus the guy who gets messed with alot, though he occasionally gets his intelligence heightened, it's soon dumbed down again.
Kuckles-formerly Zero, knuckles despises the author and usually tries to find ways to torture him.He is also Amy's boyfreind, has a lightsaber, and is always in credit trouble because amy loves to shop.
Trey-The author. He uses his powers to torture Sonic, and sometimes Knux.He loses his powers a couple of times, but he gets them back.
Amy-Formerly Roll, she is Sonic's cousin in this comic and Knux's girlfreind, usually goes on shopping trips and usually max out Knux's credit cards.
Tails- a two tailed fox who had his heart broken, went super, and well, is just a freind of sonic, in this comic he has a normal person's intelligence
Cream-The comic's Supergenius, she built all sorts of things and loves Google.
Horus- a green fox who was originally sent to kill sonic, he was soon brought to the good guy's side and is dating cream, and has sparring matches with Knux.
Eggman-reduced to a sad villian who runs a way after being insulted, he is going through theapy though.

Yeah,I think that's it. There's so many comics I like it's impossible to put them all up.

http://www.pokeplushies.com/feed/785421
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hyperion(4); Gender - Male; Abilities - Blaze, Keen Eye;Attacks - Leer, Tackle,Ember,Double Team;Holding - Nothing
Celsius(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Bug, Ice; Abilities: Shed Skin, Inner Focus; Attacks: Powder Snow, Protect,Double Team,Tackle
Cobra(4) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Shed Skin, Storm Drain; Attacks: Mud-Slap, Leer, Harden,Bite
Eric (2) - Gender: Male; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Trace, Keen Eye; Attacks: Growl, Gust, Sand-Attack
Bruce (3) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Fighting; Abilities: Guts, Sand Veil; Attacks: Tackle, Poison Sting,Absorb, Helping Hand

Post subject: Re: Sonic and Pals
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:16 pm 
Mew

I read the first 100 or so strips (till the middle of the first Sonic game), got bored, then started jumping to random spots in the archives and reading a bit here and there. While it's not the best looking sprite comic I've ever seen, it generally does a pretty good job from a visual standpoint. Nothing really to complain about there. But from a story perspective? Well, I can appreciate that the author is essentially trying to do Bob & George with Sonic characters, but I found the whole thing more dumb than funny. Nothing really made me laugh and I didn't find the plot very interesting either (even later on when it starts getting some big "epic" story arcs going). Plus, I see absolutely no point in having all the Mega Man characters turn into the Sonic characters, instead of just starting with the Sonic characters from the beginning. So yeah, I can see why some people might like it, but it really isn't my thing.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:40 pm 
Gym Leader

I love it. It's even clean!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:04 pm 
Gym Leader

OMG, lol, sorry, moment there, but that comic is one of my top 3 favorite comics :D (in there with PV and TwoKinds) I didn't think it would ever get shown here, I do only read it like PV, once every 1-3 months so I have alot :P speaking of which it's getting around time to do that again.....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:04 am 
Blaziken

If I was into Sonic games, i'd be following it like a stalker on a famous guy. Otherwise, it's fairly good, and I quite like it, but my lack of knowledge means I don't get all the jokes (though I do get the vast majority of them), and I agree with Josiah, it is a bit random them starting out as megaman characters.

I do like the almighty comic strip artist idea, making him part of the cast. That's narsissic, sure, but I think it works rather well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:18 am 
Gym Leader

I... at once actually had made my own comic... It was based off of that one (the characters at least, me as shadow, sonic and knuckles as the main, ext.) but it to take place in a.... Pokemon game of all things, back in like '07 or something, so my humor and comic skills altogether were.... horrible, so I'm going back and re-doing them all to my newer liking, maybe one day I'll post them here. (I have about... 16 done already...)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:25 pm 
Gym Leader

Wow... Back in '07. I feel old for not thinking that's a long time. Eh.
I've been reading, and it's a good distraction from what I should be doing. Not one of my favorite comics, but it has its humor. I like the author idea as well, in parts. In other places it seems too contrived. Too many Dei Ex Machinis, sorry.

Swalectrode (Electric, Poison) Attacks: Yawn, Tackle, Sludge, Screech (Wins 5, Losses 0) Exp:30 Static&Liquid Ooze Status: Lost T.T

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:34 pm 
Gym Leader

Well, et was 'bout the beginin' o' '07, and 't's a'most 10, t'at's clos' ta 3 years, so I'm changin' 'round a buncha thing's to make them more.... how do yall say it.... 'teenish' instead of that there 11-12 yearo'd humor...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:16 pm 
Gym Leader

Well, gosh darned it, I didn' know wut day it wuz.

Swalectrode (Electric, Poison) Attacks: Yawn, Tackle, Sludge, Screech (Wins 5, Losses 0) Exp:30 Static&Liquid Ooze Status: Lost T.T

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:05 pm 
Random Trainer

This comic reminded me a lot of Bob and George, which the author says he based it on. 'S a little too similar, though in the beginning. What with the cool aloof character and an idiot as the first character, an author materialization, and recap breaks. But the comic and style come into their own later on, and the visual quality improves as well.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]