It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: The God's Pack
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:02 am 
Mew

I was waiting for Saber to post her comic yesterday, then I just realized that she had to go out of town again so she couldn't. So, I'm posting it for her.

Saber Knight wrote:
My webcomic of the week shall be The God's Pack.

TGP takes place in ancient Ireland, but the story isn't about humans. It's about wolves. Namely wolves that serve the gods. These wolves are called "Messengers". These wolves are given powers from the gods they serve. For example, the main character, Tal, serves the fire god. Therefore, he is able to create fire with his mind. Messengers also have markings on them that indicate which god they serve. For example, the Tal mentioned earlier has red markings on him.

The art starts off okay, but it gets much better as you read along as per the usual with comics.

This and this would have to be two of my favorites. Oh, and this one has a cameo of Eskay (one of my RP characters) in wolf form (2nd from the left in the 1st panel).

Oh, and I'm a member of the forums there. Just to let you know.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject: Re: The God's Pack
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:53 pm 
Gym Leader

I like this webcomic. This is another I've added to my list. Even if the initial plot is a little cliche'd (person with powers called to train early), when it got moving, it got better. (Even though it seemed a little slow.) The art definitely gets better, and varies depending on he drug dosage according to one of the artist's notes...
I include this one because I like Djin, and this one for the same reason. Then this one because Sena reminds me of Sasuke for some reason in it.

Swalectrode (Electric, Poison) Attacks: Yawn, Tackle, Sludge, Screech (Wins 5, Losses 0) Exp:30 Static&Liquid Ooze Status: Lost T.T

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:39 pm 
Mew

Due to the lack of activity, I'm gonna leave this one open one more week. Also, that'll give me a chance to finish the entire thing instead of just the minimum amount.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:06 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

...Oh. Ok. So... I just went and read through the whole archives, thinking, "Oh, man! I've gotta read it tonight or else I'm gonna be booted from the club!" and then typed up my post... but when I sent it, I got the "You've been ninja'd!" message. Apparently I could have waited until a decent hour to read the comic and I would've been just fine...

Well, anyway.

I pretty much agree with everything Poik said. A little cliched, but the wolf thing itself is getting to be overdone, so what can you do? Still enjoyable, if nothing else. The art looks really different between the beginning and the end... and I saw the drug dosage comment, but it was pain killers so it wasn't something that could really be helped.

All of my favorite pages have been linked to already, and they all involve Corrigan, who is like the best thing ever. So yeah.

And, hmm... I seem to recall my Irish Environmentalist grandparent at one point mentioning... that the Irish Wolfhad been driven to extinction like 200 years ago. That's either a plot hole, or this comic is set father back than it seems to be...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:40 am 
Mew

Sorry I didn't get the chance to post sooner. Anyway, like the others said, the comic isn't bad though it's a little cliche (Wolf's Rain anyone). Still haven't finished the archives (I've been busy) but I'll do so when I get the chance and then decide if I want to keep following it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]