It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Round 2: Uber-Mart
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:14 am 
Mew

Almost before they realized it, their time of rest and relaxation in the lounge was over the Earth team found themselves being led back to their place on the Portal Panic set.

"And now," Hostly had already started speaking, "it's time to really get things moving with Round 2!!! We had an excellent round 1 with many surprising preformances by new teams and old but that was only the beginning! I know you're eager to cut to the chase so let's begin! Can I have the team from Pouern come to the front?" Hostly began calling up various teams to spin the wheels and sending them through portals. Eventually, the Earth Team was called. "And here we have the Earth Team, who took the Portal Panic world by surprise by being the first to pass through their portal in round 1! As you can see, there are some new faces this time as we've recruited some new Earthlings to round out the team's numbers and give them some much needed substitues! Now, the returning team members have done this before and you new players have been briefed so let's begin! Go ahead and spin The Wheel of Stuff and The Wheel of Powers!"

((Uber Mart is the universe's largest department store chain. And these stores are huge. The one you're going to is a perfectly ordinary one on the planet Oanloong. Except that it just happens to be the biggest shopping day on the planet (Oanloong Eve) so it's packed with rushed and harried shoppers fighting for the stuff they want.
When going to a new floor, or entering a new part of a current floor for the first time, just post where you're going then wait for me to describe the area before continuing. Once the portal is found all active players (as in, everyone who hasn't dropped out of the game, which hopefully will be no one) need to pass through it to end the round.
Your starting location is the area by the cash registers on the 2nd floor.))

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Last edited by Josiah on Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:23 am 
Gym Leader

5 and 78.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:58 pm 
Pokémon Legend

73 and 16

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:29 pm 
Pokémon Master

84 and 9

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:40 pm 
Pokémon Master

16 and 87.

My tunes :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:29 am 
Mew

((That's fine but for future reference you're allowed to talk about your characters going up and spinning the wheels if you feel like it.))

Hostly watched closely as Ryan spun the wheels. "Ok! First up, from The Wheel of Stuff you get...a Very Pointy Stick!" A very pointy stick fell from above, nearly hitting Ryan. "And from The Wheel of Powers you get...Underwater Breathing, the ability to breath underwater!"

Marley was next and Hostly was just as enthusiatic. "Alright! With those numbers you'll be getting 174.12 Feet of String and the power of Super Sense, the ability to sense anyone who is within 10 feet of you!" A large ball of string fell into Marley's hands and he suddenly felt much more alert. (basically, you can tell if there's anyone nearby wether you can see them or not and tell what direction they're in)

Now it was Gary's turn. "Haven't seen this combination in a while. Looks like you're going to be heading out with a Pink Polka Dot Tux of Awesomeness and the power of Smooth Talk!" Before he could do anything, Gary was suddenly wearing a tux with pink polka dots. (smooth talk means you're extremely good talking people into or out of just about anything)

"And for you..." he said as Jason spun, "it's Hover Shoes, guarenteed to keep you six inches above the ground as long as you're wearing them!" Jason caught the falling hover shoes. "And your power is Fire Power!" (fire power lets you create a small fire in your hands. You can't throw it or do anything fancy but you can use it to keep warm, light stuff on fire, etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:10 am 
Pokémon Master

"aww, you got the good stuff!" gary whined to jason. "On the plus side, my powers go well with my suit, and vise versa."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:01 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

"All right, now it's my turn!" and with that, Silver spun the weird wheels. "I got 11 and 63! Darn, I'm going to miss the giant carp."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:35 pm 
Gym Leader

"Gah!" Ryan jumped quickly out of the way of the stick falling head down. He picked it up. "A, stick? That's it? Oh, and the ability to breathe underewater, yeah, that's special."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:05 pm 
Pokémon Master

"Wow! Shoes and fire!" Jason marveled at the shoes, then put them on. He suddenly floated above ground. "Ohhhh..."

My tunes :-)

Last edited by Cheezdude on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:41 pm 
Gym Leader

"Squeee" Kaida said going up to the wheels and once again spining them, endign up with 29 and 65. "Awww I liked my pink-polka-dotted umbrella"

That spikes you when you pick it up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:02 pm 
Pokémon Master

'I guess she likes pink polka-dots" Gary whispered to ryan. "I can't wait for her to notice my cool, if feminine, suit."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:16 am 
Gym Leader

Ryan wasn't exactly paying attention to what Gary was saying. "Uh huh, that's whatever your talking about for you..." he said, still examining his stick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:47 am 
Mew

"Ah, here we've got a familiar face!" Hostly called as Silver took his turn on The Wheels of Fate. "It looks like this time you'll be getting...The Universe's Brightest Flashlight! Please note that Portal Panic and its owners and subsidieries cannot be held accountable for blindness or any other ailments caused by the flashlight. You also get Ultimate Stomach power, the ability to eat anything! Provided of course that you can get it in your mouth and swallow it."

"And another returning contestant!" Kaida came up. "We'll be sending you out with a Bottomless Bag of Popcorn and the power of Stretchy Arms!" (kinda like Luffy but only your arms)

"Now let's let your competitors for this round have a turn and then you'll be off!!!"

((Info and a map for your location will come tomorrow. Running really late tonight.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:12 pm 
Pokémon Master

"Hey Kaida, may I have some of that popcorn, please?" Gary asked politely.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next