It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:22 pm 
Mew

*When all the teams had finished spinning The Wheel of Fate, which really didn't take all that long considering how many there were, a large number of portals, similiar to the one the Earthlings had gone through to get there, appeared on the stage. Each portal had a large number floating in the air next to it and Hostly began calling out numbers and teams, at which point the teams would go to the portal that matched their number.*

*The Earth team has number 8, along with two other teams. One group was comprised of little furry creatues about six inches tall with soft brownish fur and large shining eyes. Seeing the group of them together was brought on an almost overwhelming rush of cuteness and/or nausea. In contrast, the second team looked was made up of almost human like creatue (except with blue skin and anteni) that looked like they had spent their entire lives lifting weights in the gym.*

*Hostly began moving to each Portal one by one, saying a few words, then sending the teams through the portals. Before long he made it to portal 8.* "All you all ready?" *He was was overaly excited and far too loud, which seemed to be normal for him.* "Remeber, your goal is to find the portal as quickly as possible. However, there might be some special items hidden nearby as well so keep your eyes out. Portals all look like this," *he pointed to the portal in front of them,* "but they might be hidden. You're free to use any methods you like in your search for the portal. Teams can even cooperate or compete. Finally, the portal will always be within several miles of your starting point, which is true even though each of you three teams will start in different spots. Oh yes, one hint before you go. The Portal is not on or under the ocean, that should save you some time. Now let's get moving!"

*The team of muscle men (and women) stepped into the portal and vanished. They were quickly followed by the team of uber cute fuzzballs. Then, slowly, the Earth team stepped through the portal...*

*The group found themselves on the sandy beach of what appeared to be a tropical island. The beach stretched out a long way in both directions, dotted with occasionsal trees and boulders. Strange looking shells also lay scatted across the white sand and what appeared to be a pile of sticks or branches lay far to the west.*
*To the north lay a thick jungle which seemed to cover the entire island except for to the far east where the beach ended, rising up in an impressive series of cliffs. In what appeared to be the center of the jungle, towering high into the cloudless sky, was a mountain which appeared to be a hopefully extinct volcano.*

((Here's a simple map of the island. As you can see, it's divided into sections. If you move to a new section, you must wait for me to describe it before doing any more posting. And that's it, go ahead and do what you want and I'll pop in frequently to describe stuff, control NPCs, start sudden events, etc. Remember, portals are big, orange, and glowing but they can be hidden fairly well.))

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Last edited by Josiah on Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:22 am 
Pokémon Master

Rachelle stared blankly. She had no idea what to do. She just wanted to go home.
So instead of curling into the fetal position, she dragged her giant wrench with her across the sandy beach towards the west jungle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:26 pm 
Articuno

Shauni held the ordinary looking blue sponge in her hands. She staired blankly at it, clearly in a state of shock.

After a while, she looked up to were Rachelle had been. A track from Rachelle's wrench was the only indication of anyone. She stood up and, as if on auto pilot, followed the sandy trail.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:30 am 
Mew

*Aside from the Earthling, the beach appeared to be deserted. Occansional bird cries difrted out of the jungle but there were no other obvious signs of life.*

*As Rachelle continued west she drew near to the pile of sticks which, up close, appeared to have been laid out in a pattern of sorts, almost as if they were covering something.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:56 pm 
Pokémon Master

"Huh, something is very different about these sticks..." She said as if no one gave her a hint to touch them.
She dragged her giant wrench and brushed the sticks aside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:01 pm 
Mew

*Beneath the sticks lay an indent in the sand containing what looked like a raft of sorts. There was no sail or oars, just several square green things that looked like a weird type of fruit.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:11 pm 
Egg

Jay had found the white-hot light (well, orange-hot) of the portal rather bright for his liking, so, as any sensible person who did not want to have his optical sensors bubbling like a kettle of water, which is about to be added to a cup of tea (or coffee if it takes your fancy) does, he shut them.

After taking a somewhat reluctant step through the orangey-thing-that’s-rather-bright, he felt soft ground beneath him, like snow or sand, and his insides churned slightly. He could feel some biscuits he had consumed earlier surfing on a wave of stomach acid. They must have ‘Wiped Out’, as he felt he needed the toilet for a gut-churning moment or two, but it passed, and he opened his eyes to see what was beyond the thin slips of skin separating his pupils from the world outside.

The first thing that struck him was the heat. He had not noticed it before, but he was sweating already. The other thing that struck him was the wildlife. Well, a part of the wildlife. Well, a bird. Well, a seagull. Well, a product of it. Okay, its droppings. On his head.

After hastily washing his head in the sea before anyone noticed, he noticed two of the other people had gone off somewhere, he decided to wait for some others to come through the portal, and then maybe they’d have a better chance of finding it.

(Yay for no dilogue!)

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.' '
~The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:26 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

"I got a giant fish AND a free trip to the beach?! How come I've never heard of this show before?!" Silver said excitedly as he looked aorund their first destination. He then remembered Hostly saying something about the power of being flat, and tried to see if he could make that work. He somehow managed to instantly make himself completely flat. "You know, I never did play Paper Mario... but I think I may have found a reason to do so, because this is cool."

Since he had a hard time carrying his not flat fish, he dragged it along the ground behind him, and followed the path left by Rachelle's wrench.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:34 am 
Mew

*A light breeze whipped across the beach, catching the now flat Silver and whipping his feet right off the ground. Only his grip on his fish kept him from being blown out to sea.*

((Couldn't resist. Ah, where's a tongue sticking out smilie when you need one...))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:18 am 
Egg

Jay noticed someone coming through the Portal, but he just seemes to ignore him, and he smelt, so Jay decided to keep away. He couldn't help but laugh when the smelly one nearly got blown away.

"I've got to remember to get one of those when it's windy..."

He was hot, so he decided to set off further down the beach.

"If in doubt, follow the others."

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.' '
~The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:19 am 
Gym Leader

Upon seeing the small brown fuzzy aliens Kaida, (whom had pictures of small fuzzy aliens in half her school books that looked exactly the same, except they were pink) emidiatly jumped upon one giving it a giant hug of doom. "Their soooo Kawaii!!!" She squealled as it wreiggled to get away and the rest of them hurried through the portal to get away for the freaky earthling in fear of being hugged as well. "I want one!".

The only way in which the fuzzy alien could think of escaping was to drag Kiada through the portal in hopes that it would be separated from her. Fortunatly for the alien it worked and Kaida fell face first onto the sandy beach.

"Awwwwww" Kaida said standing up and brushing the sand off. That host guy said they were on the same island, Maybe I can find them^_^, Kaida thought. And with her new found inspiration to get moving she stood up, opened up the pink-polkadotted-umbrella and used it much like a parasol as shade from the sun.

Kaida looked at the other people who had entered befor herself, one, who was not so far away from herself, seemed to be having a problem with keeping his feet on the ground. She bounded over to him. "Hi!" She said in an overly-cheerful voice. "Need some help?"

((Now we know why they went through so quickly))

That spikes you when you pick it up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:58 am 
Articuno

Shauni finally found Rachelle and the raft.
She stood and watched for a moment in silence until she finally said the first golden pearls of wisdom.

“Careful, you might get a splinter”

She mentally slapped herself as she heard the stupid comment.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:45 am 
Pokémon Master

Rachelle stared at the raft.

"Hosty said that it wasn't on water, so there's no need for the raft. And what's this?" She looked at the green might be fruit stuff. "Tempting. Kinda hungry and no McD's around to use my gold card." She took a bite out of the fruit, hoping it was edible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:49 am 
Mew

*The fruit was rather hard but but sweet and seemed to be perfectly edible.*

*Meanwhile, the wind died down, allowing Silver to regain his footing.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:59 am 
Pokémon Master

The girl didn't mind the sweet taste.
/Might aswell keep another one just incase./ She thought to herself.

After packing some in per pockets, she started to head NW towards the west jungle.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next