It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Character Creation
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:50 am 
Mew

In Portal Panic you play yourself (or a reasonable facsimilie thereof), a more or less ordinary human who is suddenly abducted by aliens and teamed up with a group of other kidnapped Earthlings to compete in Portal Panic, the most popular game show in the universe.

You can use the following form to create your character.

Name: (your name, nickname, or forum name)
Text Color: (pick a color that hasn't already been taken, you cannot use black)
Appearance: (what you look like and what you're wearing)
Personal Possessions: (anything you happened to be carrying when abducted, be realistic)
Skills: (if you know karate, can hack a computer, play the piano, or whatever list it here)
Bio/Personality: (a bit about who you are and how you act)

Create your character here but don't do any actual RPing, that goes in another thread. Players can join the game, quit the game, and/or rejoin the game inbetween rounds. Even if you leave and come back you're still the same character.

The RP will start once at least four character have been created.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:47 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Name: Neo Zanther
Text Color: Indigo
Appearance: Black hooed long sleeve shirt and black jeans. Black combat boots.
Personal Possessions: Laptop, Leatherman
Skills: Outdoor survival (can be many diffrent things)
Bio/Personality: Quite and can be shy, Neo has a difficult time intreracting with people in general. Likes to be alone and try and figure things out for himself.

Last edited by Neo Zanther on Sun May 13, 2007 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:06 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Name: Silver Smith (or is it...?)
Text Color: Gray (or is it...? *mayonnaise'd*)
Appearance: Identical to all the other Silvers, really... blond hair, blue baseball hat, feather, blue shorts... but if this one is supposed to more directly reflect ourselves... today we'll give him my FMA t-shirt! 'Tis black with the bloodseal on it. Oh! And we can't forget the two five dollar Wal-mart digital watches. Keyword being two. Because that's just weird.
Personal Possessions: Nintendo DS, most likely.
Skills: ...Does 'comedy improv' count as a skill?
Bio/Personality: Typical optimistic comic relief Silver... There really isn't much else to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:14 am 
Articuno

Name: Shauni San
Text Color: Purple
Appearance: Earth brown, shoulder length hair, blue eyes. She often wears purple or pink clothing, always dark denim genes.
Personal Possessions: Silver necklace with Chinese Ox symbol, silver watch, purple bracelet. She always carries her cell phone/ mobile with her.
Skills: Computers, strong swimmer, slight presciently with sword
Bio/Personality: Shauni works for a computer company, giving her a strong ability with computer hardware and software. She swims in her spare time, enjoys reading and playing video games and watching anime. Shauni isn’t the most social of people, but that’s because of her strong opinions and out spoken nature. She takes everything to heart and is often depressed as she has a tendency to blame everything on herself. Before she took up swimming, Shauni took part in kendo and fencing lesions. The skills remain today, but haven’t been used in years.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:14 pm 
Pokémon Master

Name: Rachelle Lawrie
Text Colour: Violet
Apperence AND Personal Possiesions: Short blonde hair (like Akane's, but blonde) hazel eyes, silver chain around the neck, black PUMA sweat shirt, black shirt, jeans, black belt with silver holes, grey bazooka socks and black and purple shoes. FMA (snake symbol) wrist band on her left arm and a white NIKE wristband on her left arm. Her left finger nails are longer than her right finger nails. And she carries a phone (Motorola L6) that attaches to her right pocket. The background of it is always of her boyfriend.
Skills: She can run fast, box, sleep for long periods of times, and play any video game (But easily gets ticked off when she dies in the game)
Bio/Personality: She lives an average life. Plans to get married after or before college. She gets upset very easily if someone hurts or sees other people cry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:07 am 
Mew

((Whoa, wasn't expecting you Opal. Are you officially back?))

((As for the start of the RP, just waiting for Stevenson now.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:02 am 
Gym Leader

Name: Kaida Mitchell
Text Color: Red
Appearance: Dark brown, just-past-shoulder-length-layerd hair with pink streaks, dark brown eyes and 5"8' tall. Long flary black pants. Blue long-sleeved shirt with short sleeved pink shirt over the top, Black boots, pink watch, blue hat, yin & yang necklace on a black rope.
Personal Possessions: Compound bow, 8 arrows and carrycase.
Skills: Navigation, First-aid & survival skills. Tae-kwon-do and Archrey.
Bio/Personality: Kaida is a cheery, hyperactive, optimistic, adventures girl who has a split personality complex. Most of the time she acts like a child much younger than her age, the rest of the time she acts older then her age. She is also sarcatic, so ecpect stupid answers for stupid questions. Kaida likes read, playing games, tortuing younger sister, scaring people.

((Wohoo, go the short character profiles. trust me doing long extreamly descriptive ones are hard. And why am I thinking along the lines of "Attack of the Sue's!"))

That spikes you when you pick it up

Last edited by Kaida on Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:15 am 
Egg

Name: Amookie Adams
Text Color: Green
Appearance: A tall, pear-shaped aussie golden-girl with static-tamed, dark-brown, ear-length hair, blue glasses, tiny teeth and broad shoulders. Usually found wearing bright green. On the day of abduction: 1940's style spy hat, a lime-green scarf, a leaf-green scarf, a red/brown pattered japanese-kimono style top over a lime boobtube, black flares, and scuffed workman's boots.
Personal Possessions: Notepad, Pencilcase, MP3, backpack with small amount of water and a large lunch.
Skills: Terrify innocent children? Gain weight by breathing? Novice level Tai-kwon-dou which she barely remember? It's not all bad.. She can write, be insane and she have good reflexs. ^_^ Did she mention that she break scales?
Bio/Personality: She's sure she's already said she's insane. Other than that, she's a cynical, sadistic, obsessive-complusive character with a inferiority complex. She like to laugh, create parodies and gererally attempt to keep her mind out of the sewer; without much luck.

Editted because I forgot to write it in third person... That's what I get for writing a MAry-Sue ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:06 pm 
Mew

The game will start on friday. I had planned to start it a bit sooner but I've had a lot less time this week than I thought I would. So anyway, if you want to be in the first round, you have until sometime friday evening to join. If you don't make it by then, you can still create a character and join during the second round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:12 pm 
Egg

Name: James (Jay) Shroud
Text Color: Dark Blue
Appearance: Zelda T-shirt (Like this Piccy 'cept without the text), Dark-Blue Jeans, White trainers (sneakers to y’all Americans), Glasses and Dark Brown Hair
Personal Possessions: Nintendo DS (Games: Mario Kart DS, Phoenix Wright and Trauma Centre), Book (Lord Loss, by Darren Shan) a Notebook (and pen) and Mobile (cell) Phone, all contained in a sports bag with the England Football (soccer) team logo on the back.
Skills: Knowledge, average strength, able to understand new stuff quickly.
Bio/Personality: Intelligent, likes writing and drawing, can be a bit shy if he doesn’t have something in common with someone else, tends to laugh a little too much, won’t fight unless necessary or if a friend has been injured.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.' '
~The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:25 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

May as well do this now, when I have time.

Name: Stevenson Pierre Beltino
Text Color: Olive....
Appearance: Black sweatshirt saying "Engineering Club" on it, some cargo pants. Tan, or khaki, depending on whether or not you're hip I guess.
Personal Possessions: Pre-Calculus textbook, pens, paper....and a latin-to english dictionary.
Skills: He can sorta kinda hack a computer and he can play piano...both of which are true of me, I didn't just steal that from the intro...he has excellent spelling and grammar, good vocabulary, and considers himself rather intelligent.
Bio/Personality: Hm...this is tough because how I act online and how I act in real life are different, since my humor doesn't translate well over the internet. In real life, while I am just as intelligent as I seem to be on the forums, I often go for a joke as a first resort to anything. Even if it means pretending to be ignorant. But whatever. Other than that, it's just the Stevenson you know and (hopefully) love. Oh, and yes, I do always correct people's grammar when I talk to people (although correcting spelling is rather difficult in conversation).

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:20 pm 
Pokémon Master

I'm joining in next round.

Name: Troy Vandergeest
Text Colour: Orange
Appearance: Spiky dirty blonde hair, black hoodie with yellow logo on chest, jeans.
Personal Possesions: Backpack (Paper, pencils, various manga, MP3 player, badminton racket) and nearby flashlight grabbed to defend self from contestant selection voice.
Skills: Very acrobatic and skilled at gymnastics, able to think up tactics on the fly.
Bio/Personality: A kind-hearted yet slightly pessimistic young teenager. Is a bit of a perfectionist and is depressed or upset easily; however he is always helpful and willing to help others in need.

Last edited by Doodleshark on Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:46 pm 
Pokémon Master

sounds fun. I think I'll give it a go

Name: Gary
Text: blue
Apperance: Tall and thin with black hair and glasses. brown shorts, blue t-shirt and nikes.
Possessions: I-pod, clarinet case, and pocket dictionary
Skills: A blue belt in Korean Martial Arts, smart enough to be an 11th grader in high school, and a very fast runner. Also a good chef, no mater what the conditions.
Bio: Is very quick to act when a friend gets hurt, is very smart, but sometimes doesn't act smart, and makes friends fairly quickly. Also has a kind of a strange sence of humor.

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

Last edited by Giga-Gar on Wed May 16, 2007 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:56 pm 
Gym Leader

Ehh, I'll join next round too.

Name: Ryan Cagim
Text Color: Brown
Appearance: Straight brown hair, t-shirt, cargo shorts, watch on right arm.
Personal Possessions: Laptop, watch, cell phone, computer gadget that does various hacking actions.
Skills: Hacking, good puzzle solving skills, speaks many foreign languages, Inventor
Bio: Not very social, but if drawn into a conversation, may talk a bit too much; loves to find ways to hack something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:01 pm 
Pokémon Master

(Uh, Gardialvoir, should you really use that name for this? These are supposed to be people with actual names.)

(Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that my character can be rather impulsive in the spur of the moment.)