Rune vs. Thane

If you want to fight with someone else RP style you can do it here.

Moderators: Silver, shauni

Isaac
Random Trainer

Rune vs. Thane

Post by Isaac »

A warm, soft breeze blew through the grassy fields and played with Rune's hair. He inhaled and smelled a sweet, pleasant scent. Flowers, most likely. The shinigami smiled, thinking it was such a nice day. His hand grasped the hilt of his katana, drawing it out of its sheath. "Now, for some training..."

ImageImage
If you haven't guessed as much, I used to be Artemis around these parts.
Josiah
Mew

Post by Josiah »

Thane landed his craft and stepped off into an unfamiliar place. A planet that he had never heard of before, even even seen on any space chart or map. Wondering why the force had led him to such a mysterious location, he began to walk cautiously through the grass.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.
Isaac
Random Trainer

Post by Isaac »

The shinigami had been practising for only a few minutes when he began hearing footsteps approaching through the grass. Rune had never been one to be paranoid or make quick assumptions. He waited until the source of the footsteps came into his view.

ImageImage
Josiah
Mew

Post by Josiah »

Thane, having sensed someone in the area, headed in that direction. The person he saw looked human, though his manner of dress was unfamiliar. "Hello. Perhaps you can tell me where I am."

Isaac
Random Trainer

Post by Isaac »

Rune observed the newcomer. He didn't appear to be a shinigami nor did he feel like any normal mortal that Rune had ever come across. But he appeared to be civilized as he asked the fukutaichou for asisstance. "I'm not sure how you ended up here, but you're in a spiritual plane.", he replied calmly.

ImageImage
Josiah
Mew

Post by Josiah »

"Strange named for a planet..." Thane mused. "Though I take it this is no ordinary planet. I'm Thane, a traveler following the will of the Force. And you?"

Isaac
Random Trainer

Post by Isaac »

Rune smiled softly. "My name is Rune and I am the Vice Captain of the Sixth Squad for the Shinigami in the Soul Society. It's nice to meet you, Thane.", the boy replied.

ImageImage
Josiah
Mew

Post by Josiah »

"Nice to meet you too. I take it the Soul Society is a military order which rules this place? Is that the standard weapon?"

Isaac
Random Trainer

Post by Isaac »

Rune held up his katana with the ornate carvings along the blade. "Well, yes, in some respects. Every shinigami is assigned a weapon called a Zanpakuto, which is normally some kind of sword. But there are certain cases where the Zanpakuto can be anything from a naginata to a kusari-gama, depending on the wielder. Also, Zanpakuto are capable of transforming themselves into other weapons. For example, if I wished it right now, my katana would become a cloud of shuriken hovering in the space around me."

ImageImage
Josiah
Mew

Post by Josiah »

"Interesting. I suppose the technology is much more advanced than it appears." Thane commented. "It's nice to see a race that still uses bladed weapons."

Isaac
Random Trainer

Post by Isaac »

"Well, I'm not exactly sure about technology... All the shinigami really have in that field are these." At that, Rune reached into a pocket of his kimono and pulled out his cell phone. "Other than this thing, all shinigami are basically technology deprived. Even our zanpakuto are fueled by our spirit energy, not by technological advancements.", the fukutaichou blushed, putting his phone away. "Anyway, what about you? Do you have a weapon of some kind?"

ImageImage
Josiah
Mew

Post by Josiah »

"Spirit energy?" Thane seems slightly confused by the term. Then, hearing Rune's question, he draws his light saber and blaster. "These are my weapons." he activates the saber.

Isaac
Random Trainer

Post by Isaac »

Rune jumped back in suprise as Thane activated his light saber. To him, the weapon looked as though it were composed of the other's spirit energy, only it came out as a different color other than white. But he couldn't possibly fathom the blaster, unless it was somehow related to the weapons that the mortals he strived to protect sometimes used on each other. "Wow..."

ImageImage
Josiah
Mew

Post by Josiah »

Thane was puzzled by the other's surprise. "You've never seen a light saber or a blaster before yet you have weapons capable of transformation? This planet must have a truely unique technical progression..."

Isaac
Random Trainer

Post by Isaac »

Rune blushed. "Eh... Yeah... I suppose so." He raised a hand, scratching the back of his head in a slightly nervous gesture. The scratching stopped abruptly as an idea struck him. "Hey, Thane... I was just doing a bit of training. Would you care to join me for a little while? It'd be nice to have a sparring partner. Of course, feel free to decline. I don't wish to hinder you."

ImageImage