It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:05 pm 
Mew

Virgo spotted the bolt. It looked suspicious so she let Josiah know then flew down and struck the injured can repeatedly with Heavenly Spear.

"If you want to fight me, bring a body next time!" Josiah knocked Licia's weapon out of the way with his owns swords then used a shadow phase out to pass straight through her on his way towards Kevin.
((Shadow elemental monsters can phase out to pass through solid objects. UR can also do so. However, attack and defense are greatly reduced while phased out.))

Josiah returned to normal as soon as he was past Licia. Sensing the wall around Kevin, he struck it as hard as he could with his swords. The barrier held but Josiah could sense it weakening. With enough hits he could probably break through but it would be much easier to just do it in a single blow. Using some of the energy he had stored, Josiah prepared to use one of the special attacks he had developed himself, attacks that only his transformations could use. Josiah brought his hands together as his two swords merged into one, large and long broadsword which was instantly charged with an enourmous amount of metal energy. Leveling the blade, he drove it straight through the barrier at Kevin with incredible speed.
((Overdrive Blade: Special move unique to Josiah's transformations. Metal elemental. Compresses and concentrates all the power and energy of Mecha Overdrive into a sword. The end result being that a strike from the sword does considerably more damage than Mecha Overdrive since all the energy is concentrated into one place instead of spread out.))

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:23 pm 
Gym Leader

Licia giggled as Josiah struck the barrier, though Kevin simply watched him."I don't need a body to kick your ass."

The barrier seemed to break from the blade but reformed itself as Licia casted it again and again. not letting him reach her loved one.

"Josiah...I think this is it...game over, either way this was a good fight. I never seen someone push me so much against my own limits...but this is the time..."

The ball continued it's way to the ground...and once it hit it, a great flash of darkness covered everyone, similar to the flash one would see when a nuclear explosion occur, before the immense amount of dark energies contained in the Refined Dark Burst erupted, quickly filling the whole arena with an huge explosion, completely desintegrating the can that was caught in the blast. Kevin was at the edge of the blast but the barrier held out as much as it could before destroying it and overflowing him with energy, almost to the point of killing him since he had troubles ditching off the excess mana. When the explosive force subsided, the survivors could see that the portal had grown to a very large diameter and that the forest wasn't the same anymore...it was dark and wavy...

(Refined Dark Burst: an Overdrived Dark Burst sent through a specially made void conduit to multiply it's power greatly, is a literal armageddon and is strong enough to one-hit-kill anything that isn't immune to darkness or absorb it. It also transform the area into a void area. This is the first stage of Kevin's three-part attack. It's area of effect is much greater than the size of the battlefield so it doesn't lose much power if you're standing away from Ground Zero)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:07 pm 
Mew

As the flash began Virgo teleported next to Josiah and grabbed his arm. Having been around enough big explosions to know what was coming he grabbed Virgo and both of them vanished from sight. When the explosion ended they were nowhere to be seen. Then, without warning, both of them appeared right behind Kevin and thrust their weapons at his back.
((Group Phase Out: like a regular phase out but also effects any person the user is touching. Phase out itself would not protect against the explosion but Josiah and Virgo phased out and went underground (phasing out lets you pass through solid objects, this includes the ground) to avoide the blast then came up right behind Kevin, returned to Normal, and attacked.))
((Virgo is attacking with her regular spear. Josiah is still using the Overdrive Blade.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:17 pm 
Gym Leader

"Let's see how they fare in my environment...that was a pleasant side effect."

Kevin vanished from sight before he could be hit by the weapon, moving at will in the giant void area he had created, he circled both opponents while firing multiple Dark Bursts at full power toward them.

The couple could feel their health draining away rapidly: this area wasn't very friendly to them. Virgo felt even worse, her power was dimmed by the surrounding void.

(Note: Since you didn't withdraw any of your monster, every monster that were out are now KOed. Virgo lose 2,5% of her max HP every second, Josiah 5%/second. It is rather hard to do light-elemental attacks in a void area, for obvious reasons.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:37 pm 
Mew

((And how did Kevin know he was about to be stabbed?))
((There weren't any monsters out besides Virgo. Josiah merged with most of them to form UR and he never summoned the other two therefor there was no need to withdraw them.))
((Josiah's health loss is negated by the Restoring Spirit move he used earlier, which is still in effect.))

A rainbow glow surrounded Virgo as Josiah deflected the Dark Bursts with his sword.
((Rainbow Mist: same effect as Restoring Spirit. Gives a regen.))

"Aren't you finished yet?" Deducing that the modified arena was increasing Kevin's power, Josiah decided he'd better do something about that. Without a word, Virgo flew up to engage Kevin, first feinting a few times with her spear then firing off a Mecha Overdrive.

Meanwhile, Josiah moved a small distance away and drove his sword into the ground. Green light began to swirl down the blade and into the earth.
((Area Reset: a Code technique. Returns the battlefield to the condition it was in at the beginning of the fight. Takes a little while to take effect but when it does the change is instant. Once it's started it can't be stopped. If Josiah's sword is removed from the ground Area Reset will continue, it will just take a little longer to activate.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:28 pm 
Gym Leader

(Holy Foresight, the fact that you can't really blend in an area full of dark mana, he didn't plan to dodge either way. All three of those are good.)

"No."

The Mecha Ovedrive was noticably weaker than usual, and the medium wave changed color to a deep black in but a few seconds, already corrupted by the surrounding area.

Kevin dashed toward Virgo and grasped her arm before focusing his Mana Drain on her.

"Bye-bye buffs." he said with a smile.

Licia was nowhere to be seen or sensed.

(Virgo lose some or all of her buffs, and all of her magical items malfunction, are disabled or weakened. Yes, that include your teleport-amulet. Yes, Kevin is still faster than Virgo. No, he doesn't know that the amulet let you teleport, he only know that you use something to do it.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:21 pm 
Mew

((Virgo loses the buffs from Divine Gift. Kevin won't be touching her long enough to affect Favor of the Gods since it's much more resistant. The teleport pendant will be weakened somewhat but not enough that it makes a difference during this fight (because of the size of the battlefield).))

Virgo took the opportunity to stab Kevin in the chest with her spear then teleported next to Josiah. Her pendant felt a bit weaker than usual but, considering that its normal area of affect was over several hundred miles, she didn't think it would matter much during this battle. As she reappeared, her spear vanished and reappeared in her hand.

With the Area Reset getting close to completion, Josiah pulled the Overdrive Blade out of the ground and flew at Kevin, attacking repeatedly in a manner similiar to that of the Perfect Mirror Slice attack he'd used on the garbage can earlier.
((Josiah's doing a variation of Pefect Mirror Slice. Still hits a lot really fast but instead of using two Light swords like a regular Perfect Mirror Slice, he's using the Overdrive Blade (which, like I said before, is metal elemental and extremely powerful).))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:06 pm 
Gym Leader

A surge of darkness flew from Kevin's chest to Virgo's face when she stabbed him, attacking her eyes before she teleported away.

Kevin didn't seem to mind the wound, knowing that in this area he'll keep healing...and heal...and heal...and see Josiah dashing at him with swords out.

A few dozen or so Dark Bursts were launched at him while his own blades reformed in his hands and went to engage Josiah, managing to parry and counter some hits due to his superior skill with swords but slowly getting hit and overwhelmed by his opponent sheer strenght and speed. He knew what Josiah was planning...but Kevin's look and manners changed. He was genuinely enjoying this fight, forcing him to push himself to his limits was an emotion he though was forgotten in his mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:16 pm 
Mew

Josiah was also enjoying the battle although annoyed by the way some things had played out. In the end, he still prefered straight up monster battles. Seeing that he was breaking through Kevin's defenses, he continued his assault, swinging the Overdrive blade as fast and hard as he could.
((Josiah is doing the same variation on Perfect Mirror Slice that he did in my last post.))

Virgo meanwhile, hadn't taken much damage from Kevin's last little attack before she had teleported. With Josiah and Kevin busy, she took the opportunity to recast Divine Gift and heal herself and Josiah with Angel's Restoration.

Just as she finished, the Area Reset kicked in, instantly changing the battlefield back to the pristine forest it had been at the beginning of the fight. Josiah grinned as he continued attacking. "And there goes your area advantage."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:26 pm 
Gym Leader

Licia sprang out from Kevin after the Reset occured and helped him deflect the onslaught, being successful though Kevin started to look in bad shape even though nothing was hitting him anymore. He preferred to stay silent as a shower of dark meteors began, each being larger than a human and packing quite a punch.

"Heh...you said? ...damn Seeds of pride..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:27 pm 
Mew

Josiah dodged the first couple of meteors then jumped high into the air and fired an enourmous beam of rainbow colored energy at the ground. On contact, the beam splitt into hundreds of tiny beams which began ricocheting around the battlefield. Each time they stuck a meteor it exploded as the beams bounced back and continued on.
((Shattered Rainbow: Rainbow elemental attacks. Shatters into many tiny beams of rainbow energy. They bounce of whatever they hit (whether they damage/destroy it or not) and are strong enough to cause the meteors to explode. The beams will last for a couple minutes or until the beams all bounce off out of the battlefield (probably not happening while the meteors are coming down).))

As he did that, Virgo flew towards Kevin and Licia and tried another Mecha Overdrive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:56 pm 
Gym Leader

Each explosion created a small area of void that immediately started to spread, weakening dramatically any rebounce that went in them as more meteors fell in from the portal, soon covering a sizable portion of the battlefield while not being hampered by mini-beams anymore.

Kevin headed in the first patch of darkness he could find to heal himself, inaverdently avoiding the Mecha Overdrive but looking weak and hurt.

"Either I score a kill...or throw the sponge...not...not yet."

He concentrated for a few seconds, getting the portal just in the right position before a huge blast of dark energy covered the entire area, destroying all of the trees, the ground and the earth below it, leaving only a huge crater inside of the enchanted walls of the arena.

(Think Ultima, this attack has an extreme range and eat through the ground like butter, either way the fight is finished wether you survive or not)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:36 pm 
Mew

((I think you mean "throw in the towel".))

Seeing the attack coming, Josiah immediately returned Virgo to her card. It was something he very rarely did but he was unsure how well he'd be able to protect himself from this, much less both of them. Then, gathering up all his stored energy he threw it into the most powerful defensive move he knew, creating a barrier of rainbow energy around him just before the blast struck.
((Rainbow Barrier: pretty self explanatory.))

As the energy pounded against the barrier Josiah could tell that it wouldn't hold through the entire attack. Although at worst he'd just lose his transformed state, something told him that letting his monsters get KO'd now would be a big mistake. There wasn't any time to charge more energy for the barrier except... It was a risky move but, considering how Kevin had looked before launching the attack, he probably wouldn't be in any situation to take advantage of it afterwards. "Might as well... Armor Sacrifice!"
((Armor Sacrifice: Destroys UR's armor and swords to create a targeted and highly powerful energy blast (far stronger than a legendary attack). This is usually used as a last ditch super attack, however, Josiah has learned to channel this energy into other moves that are already in use to make them stronger (such as the Rainbow Barrier). Armor Sacrifice does not cancel the UR transformation but without armor UR stats are significantly reduced and it can't use many of its attacks and techniques. The armor can be restored but the process requires over a minute and leaves UR completely open during that time frame.))

When the blast ended the barrier vanished and Josiah dropped to the ground, breathing heavily. He still had his wings but his armor and the Overdrive Blade had vanished. He quickly summoned Virgo then looked around for Kevin. Although he needed to use Armor Restoration soon, it was too risky to do so when Kevin might appear at any moment to attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:09 pm 
Gym Leader

(In french we say the sponge)

After the blast subsided the void started to quickly disperse, leaving the air like it was before but making it obvious that the whole place is simply a huge crater by now.

A very weak Kevin floated up to the pair as his armor faded away, leaving only his clothes. "Heh...I...I managed to only break your weapons and armor...I know when I'm beat...you win...again."

Landing near Josiah, his health started to slowly return due to the Seeds of Pride effect wearing off after the fight. "Never had such a fun fight in ages though...I guess that makes up a good compensation prize."

He offered a helping hand to his opponent. "Need help getting up?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:10 am 
Mew

"I'm fine, thanks." Josiah rose to his feet. "That was a great fight though. Haven't had to go all out like that since I fought Bowen. You've certainly got some interesting techniques."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next