It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:29 pm 
Mew

((I highly doubt that A: Kevin could create a clone and get away before Josiah's attack hit. And B: That Josiah would actually get hit by that cane. But I suppose I can deal with it.))

Josiah frowned as the Kevin he had attack disintigrated while the real Kevin watched. He shouldn't have been able to do that in time. Momentarily distracted, Josiah didn't notice the attack coming from behind.

There was a bright flash as Virgo stepped out from the trees behind Kevin, having cast a powerful dispell on the entire area, removing all the statuses on Josiah while also removing the last of Kevin's buffs.
Josiah immediately spun around, firing a blast of electrical energy at the strange monster behind him. But, instead of striking, it expanded, surrounding the monster in a cube shaped cage of electricity which rapidly began to shrink.
((Electro-Cage: Creates a cage of electricity around the opponent which rappidly shrinks, crushing and electricuting them.))

With that thing out of the way, at least for the moment, Josiah and Virgo both attacked at once.
((Note, Josiah is standing in front of Kevin and the remaining puppets, Virgo is standing behind them directly opposite Josiah.))

Two enourmous waves of energy, one metal the other electric, rushed at Kevin and the puppets with incredible speed. With no time to dodge or couter, Kevin found himself struck from both sides by the attacks, crushed between the two as his puppets were instantly destroyed. But the feeling only lasted for an instant before the energy exploded in a small but extremely powerful blast centered right on Kevin.
((Virgo used Mecha Overdrive and Josiah used Thunderstorm, the electric legendary attack (which, despite the name, acts just like all the other legendary attacks you've seen). When two legendary attacks collide they explode (or implode depending on your definition), doing damage roughly equal to five times the power of the regular legendary attack to whatever is caught in the blast. Say what you want but, considering the speed of the attacks, position of the attackers, etc, Kevin has no time to avoid the attacks or teleport away. He is taking this hit.))

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:41 am 
Gym Leader

(Note: stuff act weird on Abstracts, it did get full damage though. And he is taking this hit...I'm not saying it would be enough to kill him however, and the staff twack didn't do anything special.)

The electric field passed through the trashcan, sending lightings through it without crushing it, which while causing great damage was merely a tiny itsy bit of it's immense constitution, the Abstract retaliated with another shriek.

(($~!?

Josiah suffered from all of the previously stated status effects again, but not before he fired his combined blast with Virgo, which at point blank range completely negated Kevin's precognitive ability, resulting in a huge explosion of metal and electricity flying out everywhere.

After the smoke cloud dissipated, a critically damaged Kevin was revealed, chunks of armors being torn off and many wounds covering his whole body, shaking from all the damage he took. The battered figure looked up at Josiah, not understanding what had happened.

"Why...why can't I beat you...even with all this training...all these new powers...why do you still have the upper hand?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:39 pm 
Mew

((Oh, so it's the screech that does the statuses not the staff. I didn't think the blast would finish Kevin, but it's nice to finally land a strong hit on him.))

Seeing that Josiah was unable to answer, Virgo cast another dispell then flew at the Abstract, attacking it with Heavenly Spear, trying to turn its attention towards her.

"That thing is more annoying than the puppets..." Josiah muttered before addressing Kevin. "You're not the only one who has gotten stronger. But strength and power aren't everything. Why do you fight? Why do you keep training? Sure battles like this can be fun and I like pushing myself to become stronger but that's not why I do it. I need to become stronger so I can protect my world and the people I care about. Plus there's the bond I share with my monsters. I know they won't let me down so I can't let them down either." With that, Josiah shot at Kevin, begining another attack.
((Volt Punch: The user punches the target with electrically charged fists. Does moderate damage and has a high chance of inflicting paralyzation.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:19 pm 
Gym Leader

Time started to slow down for both Josiah and Kevin so the latter could reply.

"Why I fight? For my loved ones of course...for Licia...for Shauni...I fight so they don't have to. You...you love your Virgo, correct? Well...I love my Licia...and even in her state we don't let each other down...so I'm not finished yet."

The flow of time started again for the two fighters, Kevin catching your punch and getting electrocuted as a result. Even in his critical state he shrugged off the pain while a ghost-like woman appeared beside him, looking very much like the Shauni you know except without the red bobbles and with light-blue hair. A huge explosion of energy emanated from him, engulfing everything in a few kilometers radius.

The trashcan was caught in the blast, greatly damaging it while it was trying to unsucessfully incapacitate Virgo.

(Redemption(2): Licia's own version of it. Destroy anything in a radius of 3-4 kilometers (arena is 8x8) by overflowing it with Universe energy, the explosion takes 2 seconds to reach maximum size and keep exploding within during 5 seconds. It does slightly more damage total than Kevin's version but has less range and isn't guaranteed to hit if the opponent has time magic or can react and fly at the speed of 2 kilometers/second, which is easily doable by high-level BA things)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:06 am 
Mew

Following his instincts, Josiah teleported the moment the attack began, appearing next to Virgo. He grabbed her hand and both of them flew off through the forest at top speed. Seeing that they still weren't going fast enough Josiah activated his Supreme Haste spell card.
((Supreme Haste: You probably remember it. Doubles the target's movement speed for the remainder of the battle.))

Last edited by Josiah on Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:09 pm 
Gym Leader

(Didn't Josiah already use his Supreme Haste card?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:24 pm 
Mew

((Nope, that was the one spell card he hadn't used yet. The others were: False Defeat (used on Virgo right before Kevin's super attack), Ray of Hope (used to revive Midnight Wing after said attack), Restraint (used right before the super attack and still in effect), and Syphon Touch (still in effect on Josiah).))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:04 pm 
Gym Leader

As soon as Josiah's activated his card, the half-soul of Licia made an impenetrable and invisible magical wall right in front of him and Virgo, spanning a few hundred meters squared.

Her ghost then appeared not far from Josiah and casted a strong paralyzation spell at him.

"You're not going anywhere."

(The wall is made specially so he ram into it, thus letting the explosions catch up to him, it is also very hard to dispel and resist being teleported through.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:31 am 
Mew

((Gee, make me delete half my last post...))

Stop!

*Responding to Virgo's mental message Josiah stopped just short of smashing into the wall. Although Virgo couldn't see it, she could sense it and quickly informed Josiah of its size and location. With the explosion nearly upon them, there was no time to think. Josiah and Virgo split up, each heading a different direction in an attempt to get around and past the wall. Josiah barely noticed the spell a ghostly figure used on him, sensing only that it appeared to have no effect.*
((Electric Ultimate is immune to paralyzation. However, he's not immune to all statuses. Josiah's different forms are immune to different things, this was just a lucky break.))

*Still barely ahead of the explosion, Josiah was the first around the wall. Virgo immediately teleported to his side and the two continued their flight.*

((Not completely out of range yet but unless something else happens it'll probably end up like the deleted part of my last post.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:23 am 
Gym Leader

(Note: Licia's Soul is around 3 times faster than Kevin, and isn't hindered by a physical body.)

Impressive...I know why I had to give you a helping hand.
Think you can seal them?
*Chuckle* Can't find out until we try.
I'll give em a surprise once you're done with them...

The familiar ghost appeared right outside of the blast range then started casting a powerful spell. Figuring that Virgo had a standard "Boss resistance" she recited one of the magic she loved to use during her life on those who usually resisted ailments...

After a short time, Josiah and Virgo both noticed seals appearing on their chest, feeling nothing but unable to teleport and dispel respectively.

(Virgo now has her dispel sealed, Josiah now has his teleport sealed, if he unmerge the seal will transfer to either his monster or him if the monster is no KO, if it is the seal goes to him. Seal does not wear off but isn't stackable. Just in case you wonder what "Seal" is, it prevent you from using said attack, in Virgo's case she cannot dispel anymore.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:34 pm 
Mew

((What would happen if a monster with the seal, say Virgo or Electriblast if Josiah unmerges, were returned to its card? Would the seal stay on said monster, disapear, or what? Also, Licia... Can she stay in the battle as long as she wants or is this a limited time thing? Also what can/will damage her? What kind weaknesses, resistences, and immunities does she have?))

Although she couldn't dispel the seals, Virgo sensed their purpose and quickly communicated it to Josiah. Thanks to the wall the explosion was nearly on top of them. If they were slowed down any more they were certain to get hit.

Brace yourself, we might take a hit but we're getting out of here! Josiah conveyed his plan to Virgo, causing her to tighten her grip on his left arm in response. Suddenly the both stopped moving as Josiah reached up to his neck and made as if to yank something off then mustered all his strength and hurled the object into the distence, far beyond the range of the explosion. At that moment, the blast caught up, striking Josiah and Virgo hard from behind. Now! They vanished completely, reappearing deep in the forest.

((This requires an explanation of exactly how Josiah and Virgo's teleport works. They each wear a necklace hidden under their shirt with half a pendant. Whoever is wearing one of those pendents can teleport to the location of the other half wheather someone is wearing it or not. For example, right before Kevin used his last super attack Josiah told Virgo to take off her pendant and leave it on group. That's how he teleported away from Kevin's attack. He then gave Virgo back her pendant when he knocked her out of the way of Kevin's ice spike. You sealed Josiah's ability to use the teleport. However, the pendant itself is uneffected. So Josiah threw his necklace really far away and Virgo teleported herself and Josiah to it (the user can teleport other people that he/she is touching along with them).))

Alone is the forest, Josiah unmerged. Electriblast was rather weak from the blast and, as he also hoped, the seal was transfered to his monster, leaving Josiah back to normal. Virgo flew off as Josiah retrieved his pendant then held up a card. There was a flash as if he was merging but no apparent physical change took place. Then, heading back in the direction where Kevin was, he waited for the explosion to end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:23 pm 
Gym Leader

(Seal goes to Electriblast on Multi Striker, however since your teleportation isn't a skill you possess and is actually an item it does not affect this one skill, it does however block another of my choice, which will most likely be your merges or Zodiac Sky if your merges aren't sealable despite being a skill. If a monster with Seal get carded it keep Seal since it doesn't wear off, however it do pretty much nothing by then since it can't attack in card form. As for Licia, feel free to experiment because I'm not telling.)

The seal on Josiah's chest disappeared once he unmerged yet another one took it's place on his left hand, proving that even though it can't stack it doesn't prevent her from casting another. The purpose of sealing the dispels from Virgo became evident once the rather battered weird thrash can got gated near the group and shrieked at Josiah for the third time, making him Weak, Burnt, Frozen, Poisoned, Blinded, Confused and Awestruck in addition to being Sealed.

The Shauni-lookalike ghost reappeared near you once again, this time being very close to Electriblast and slashing at it with her naginata.

Meanwhile the explosions were ending slowly, leaving the still critically hurt Kevin and a huge crater around him, most of the lake and the ground having been completely obliterated. The psychic took advantage of the situation to heal and buff himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:38 pm 
Mew

((Merging can't be sealed, it's an innate ability, not a skill. Zodiac Sky, however, can.))

As it so happened, Josiah was only effected by the Burnt and Awestruck statuses. ((Josiah has a natural resistence to confusion and his current merged form is immune to the others. He merged in the last post, even though there was no apparent physical change.))

Josiah returned Electriblast to its card just before the ghost's attack struck then jumped into the air, grabbing onto the trash can as his body turned a transluscent black. Health began to drain from the can and heal Josiah due to the effects of Syphon Touch but in a moment the can's HP began to fall even more rapidly, the damage done growing greater with each second.
((Shadow Master: Josiah's Shadow element merged form. It's his weakest form phycially and not super fast (although Supreme Haste is still on so he's pretty fast anyway). However, it is immune to several elements and most statuses and allows Josiah to become invisible and pass through solid objects at will. Shadow element attacks aren't super powerful but they ignore weakness and resistence (except for light elemental creatures, who are resistent) and ignore defense.))
((Deathly Shade: As long as the user is touching an enemy that enemy's health depletes. The amount of depletion doubles every second.))

Meanwhile, before Kevin could begin to heal and buff himself Virgo shot down from the sky, attacking with her spear, determined not to give him a chance to recover.

((How much HP is Josiah losing with only the Burnt and Awestruck statuses and how often? I need to figure out if Syphon Touch is healing him faster than he's taking damage or not.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:16 pm 
Gym Leader

(10% of your max hp per round. 1 round=1 action made by you, so you die in 10 actions unless one of them wear off, doing nothing does count as an action btw...)

The can wasn't affected much by the drain, actually recovering faster than how much Josiah could drain. It was however rather ticked and smacked him away with it's cane. Then a flying cow with a rocket sticking out from behind it appeared out of nowhere and propelled itself at him, exploding on contact.

Licia's soul vanished from sight and reapearred below Virgo, clashing her naginata with Virgo's spear, starting slightly stronger than her but quickly gaining power. Kevin continued healing himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:30 pm 
Mew

((In that case, Syphon Touch would be negating the damage to Josiah.))

At the last moment Josiah let do and dove to the side, causing the rocket cow to strike the can. As the rocket exploded Josiah glowed briefly. Then, getting a message from Virgo, he vanished.
((Shadow Purge: Removes negative status effects from the target. So no more Burnt and Awestruck.))

Meanwhile, Virgo found her attack blocked by a ghost. They clashed weapons for a moment before Virgo decided to change tactics, firing a point blank Mecha Overdrive attack at Kevin and Lycia who suddenly found themselves unable to make even the smallest of movements to evade or block the attack.
((Shadow Bind: Traps the targets' shadows, preventing movement. And with a full moon there are going to be shadows. Josiah teleported next to Virgo and used the Shadow Bind, however he's currently invisible so Kevin and Lycia can't tell he's there.))

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next