It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Josiah vs Kevin
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:35 am 
Mew

Battlefield:
It's twilight. A forest covers most of the ground but the trees are spaced widely enough that patches of sky can still be spotted between their branches. The area is mostly flat aside from a few scattered hills. In the center of the forest sites a large lake, the bottom far deeper than the eye could see. A large flower floats peacefully in the middle of the water, absorbing the last slivers of daylight.

Josiah crouched high up in a tree, surverying the surrounding area. He had come early wanting to get a good feel for the forest before the battle began. Although he had plenty of practice battling in unfamiliar terrain, it was always better to know the lay of the land. Hidden among the branches he listened and waited, one hand hovering over the pocket that held his cards, the other on the hilt of the Zodiac Sword. He would show himself if called but, not knowing what his opponent was planning, he didn't want to walk into an ambush. If Kevin wanted to fight from the shadows, so would he.

((FYI: Josiah will not send all of his monsters out at once, he rarely fights with more than one or two at a time.))

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Last edited by Josiah on Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:05 am 
Gym Leader

"So he's here...let's see how he fare this time, right Sporie?" The Neovorid sent a mental nod to Kevin. For a monster it was quite intelligent, something he could use to his advantage in a way that Josiah would hopefully not like at all.

He grinned before slipping slipping in the shadows, his form becoming a mere blur as he headed toward the lake, dark energy gathering in his body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:08 pm 
Mew

So he brought his monster again. Josiah watched silently from his perch, he only got a glimpse of his opponent but it was enough. It looked like it was going to be a stealth battle after all, at least for now. Although Kevin disapeared from his vision quickly, it looked like he was heading for the lake. Silently moving from tree to tree, Josiah headed in that direction as well. If Kevin was in fact going to the lake, he might just find more than he bargained for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:31 pm 
Gym Leader

Good. Kevin though to himself. He knew he wasn't perfectly stealthy in those conditions, but the twilight was better than nothing. As he headed toward the lake, he casually floated over the water to get to the other side.

He really liked his psychic gifts...a shame there was no artillery mechs under his partial command though, well anyway those thunder wizards learned their lesson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:01 pm 
Mew

Perfect. Josiah grinned as Kevin floated over the water, he couldn't have asked for a better opening. Now Aquaticia, he sent out a mental command, Typhoon!

A massive water spount sprang into existence, it's top over twenty feet above the now churning surface of the lake, engulfing Kevin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:23 pm 
Gym Leader

"I didn't knew he was that blind." Kevin said as he made a small portal and dived in it moving through the water like butter, reappearing safely at the other edge of the lake, safe for now from the water giant.

Moon bolts.
The flower apparently didn't like being disturbed as it charged energy from the moon and unleashed it into seven lighting blasts at the water monster.

<Hi there, meet Sporie.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:39 pm 
Mew

((FYI: Aquaticia is a mermaid.))

Josiah frowned, that hadn't gone as well as he'd hoped. But at Keven's monster's attacks were completely off target, flying harmlessly through the water spout while Aquaticia sayed safely in the depths of the lake, too far down to be seen.

Let's try Acid Rain. Dark clouds covered the sky and a moment later purple ran began to fall over the entire area, burning whatever it touched and coating the surface of the lake in a sheen of deadly acid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:11 pm 
Gym Leader

(Ah...oh well anyway she can't hide. Bwahahahahaha.)

By the time the clouds formed, Kevin had vanished without a trace into the darkness and escaped unharmed once again.

She's here. The flower let out a few shrieks, the acid barely damaging it but causing some pain nonetheless. However by some unknown guidance Aquatica became under attack from many large and strong tentacles, most of them aiming to smack her around but a few working to entangle her. The tentacles move surprisingly well into the water...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:15 am 
Mew

Although she took a couple of hits, Aquaticia's agility while in the water was unmatched and she easily avoided being snagged by the tentacles.

Water attacks obviously don't work too well against that plant... Josiah mused as he watched the flower. But even for a plant there's such a thing as too much water. Aquaticia, Undercurrents! The surface of the water barely rippled but in moments Kevin's monster, flowers, tentacles, and all, vanished as powerful currents dragged it towards the very bottom of the lake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:39 am 
Gym Leader

(Please disregard my PM, but shouldn't your mermaid kinda take damage from acid?)

Sporie sunk like a rock into the acidic lake, the flower opening what seems to be an eye in it's center and looking at the mermaid. It just stared at her while the water started being purified by an unknown mean. Slowly all of the eyes along it's trunk opened, all giving Aquaticia the stare of accusation (not an attack or anything) while it's attacks got slower over time.

Kevin was watching from afar, a grin on his face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:11 pm 
Mew

((The acid floats on the surface of the water so Aquaticia doesn't take any damage as long as she stays submerged. A little acid was pulled down along with Sporie but not enough to really do anything.))

((Disregard the PM? Wait... Is or isn't Sporie anchored to the bottom of the lake? I need to know that before making my next post. Also, is it Sporie or Aquaticia that's slowing down?))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:29 pm 
Gym Leader

(All the details are in the new PM I sent you.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:35 pm 
Mew

Whatever Sporie was doing, Josiah didn't like the sound of it, judging from what Aquaticia was telling him. Let's not give him a chance to finish. Typhoon! A new water spout was created, carrying Sporie above the surface of the lake and high into the air. And Super Splash... Aquaticia jumped out of the water, her scales glistening in the fading light. The water spout vanished immediately, leaving Sporie suspended in the air. Now! Aquaticia used Super Splash, hitting Sporie with a powerful blast of water that sent it flying through the air and off into the trees. Aquaticia flipped and dove back down towards the water then vanished in a flash of light, returning to her card. Josiah wasn't sure if the damage from the attack, combined with the fall, would be enough to finish off Sporie but at very least it should get it out of the way for a while.

Meanwhile, Josiah had edged around the lake, drawing slowly closer to Kevin. Let's see how he likes my next surprise... Yggdrasil, Multi-Fissure! One of the trees near Kevin suddenly came to life, violently shaking the ground and causing several large fissures to open next to Kevin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:56 pm 
Gym Leader

Kevin kept his arms crossed and started floating a little up before getting knocked around, entirely unaffected by the attack.

So you intend to surprise me, heh?

Kevin extended his right arm toward the tree and fired a small ball of void at it.

Meanwhile, Sporie was somewhat damaged by the fall and wriggled around a little, being a plant/tree after all, before using it's tentacles to stabilize itself upward. It then begun to heal quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:18 am 
Mew

Josiah was unsure of the exact nature of the attack but he didn't want to risk any of his monsters getting KO'd just yet. He was about to return Yggfdrasil when a orange blur shot out of the sky.

"Heavenly Spear!" Virgo's spear, glowing with tremendous light energy, struck the bolt of void dead center, splitting it in two. ((Description of Virgo: a young woman with long blonde hair, her battle outfit is made of flowing orange cloth with armored pads on her arms and a tiara on her head, she can make translucent orange wings appear so she can fly.)) Then, a moment later, she vanished as if she'd never been there.
((Virgo did not go back into her card, she has limited teleportation powers, the details of which will probably be revealed later.))

Taking advantage of the situation, Yggdrasil used Pebble Rain, causing head sized rocks to fall from the sky all across the surrounding area.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next