It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:17 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Fortunately for you... I have exactly what I posted for teh challenge descriptions saved on Compy. Not to mention the scores and everything. So I'll paste everything back here and we'll be all set:

Initial Description wrote:
That's right, Reality TV on the Internet! That means it's serious business, so don't screw it up.

Like I said in the Discussion topic, IPA's getting to be friggin' huge. Updating every day takes way too much time... not to mention I've made very little progress on that IPAdex since like last summer. So I need someone else to do everything I don't feel like-- I mean, someone to... uh... share the responsibilities with. And stuff. I guess.

For those of you that are fans of Donald Trump's "The Apprentice"... I'm not, so I don't care how he runs things. This is basically going to be survivor with an IPA-theme, and the winner gets more than a T-shirt. They get to be my mind slave! I-I mean, they get free lessons in running an apparently popular web-type game from yours truly, they will be allowed to continue to participate in IPA if they so desire (I'll see to it that they don't cheat; if they do... oh, this'll be good Donald Trump impression practice... if you cheat, then "You're fired!"), they will gradually be promoted in the ranks of IPA, and who knows? They may even get to be a mod in this section. That is, assuming they're a good apprentice and Josiah deems them worthy.

Winners can turn down apprenticification, get some little IPA-related prize (like that T-shirt I mentioned earlier), and allow the first runner up to be my mind slave... apprentice... mind slave... So there's no excuse for not playing even if you're too busy and don't want any more responsibilities. That means you, Josiah and Neo. This'll be more fun if everyone participates, because I can't throw in NPCs like Opal did in Survivor. They may end up winning...

Ah heh, anyway! Post here to say if you're in or not; we'll begin next week, assuming I have more than one person!

Ok, this is how it'll work. You'll be divided into two teams, just like Survivor, and there will be a series of challenges, just like Survivor, where the loosing team looses a member and the winning team doesn't, just like Survivor. It'll be a little bit different than your standard "Vote-for-whoever-you-don't-like" type deal, however. In addition to Team Scores, each member will have an individual score reflecting their performance. The member with the highest score on the loosing team of each round has a hand in choosing which member of their team is eliminated each round. I have the final say, just to make sure that it's based on merit and not, "This person will be a threat in later rounds so I want to get rid of them now" type of thing. On top of that, saying "You're fired!" is crazy fun.

We all clear? Good! Here are the Team Breakdowns:

Team Star Dust Coin:
Doodle
Saber
Cheesey
Sims
Gar
Kisori

Team Pay Day:
Josiah
Soul Man
Kaida
Terra
The N00b

Round 1 wrote:
The first challenge! It's a game called 'So it Ownz 'em all!' which I completely didn't steal from The Cave of Dragonflies forum. Nope. Traditionally played with Pokemon, but we're going to use IPA, because... we can.

I'll post the name of an IPA. The next poster will post the name of another IPA with type advantage to the one I posted. The next poster does the same, and so on and so forth, until someone uses the IPA that started the round to own another IPA. Then they say, "So it ownz 'em all!" and post a new IPA to start the next round.

Also note that, if an IPA is dual type (as most are) it doesn't count if the second type is ineffective against the previous IPA. For example, say I posted Phanyta. You wouldn't be able to use Cherskit, because even though Water is strong to Fire, Fire is resistant to Grass. You could use Tentamoraid though, because Poison does normal damage to Fire. For all intents and purposes, Normal is strong to Ghost.

Round 1 Scores wrote:
Team Star Dust Coin: 470
Doodle - 275
Saber - 20
Cheesey - 125
Sims - 5
Gar - 50
Kisori - -5

Team Pay Day: 340
Josiah - 195
Soul Man - 0 (FIRED!)
Kaida - 20
Terra - 80
The N00b - 45

Round 2 wrote:
Second challenge time! This is Apprentice and I don't want you to forget it, so we're going to have an advertising contest. Each Team has to come up with a banner, slogan, poster, or something that can be put in signatures as a form of torture that causes mental deterioration so that the victims eventually join IPA just to make it go away. Like, I had been using this...

A while ago, but it started having that effect on ME so I had to get rid of it.

Well, Sloganizers are acceptible, but you'll loose some serious creativity points for it. To determine the winning Team, I'll get some people that aren't involved in IPA - and by that I mean Shadowman, if he'll go for it - to say which they found most annoying. This will run for two weeks, just incase I need time to bribe Shadowman, hunt Atma down and force him to participate, or eventually resort to asking Neo or Shauni because they're not in IPA Apprentice. I-I mean, because it's... a difficult challenge, and it takes time to seep into the minds of unsuspecting onlookers... yeah. Oh! And Pikachu Numbers isn't gonna be back for a few days yet. That too. So uh... feel free to discuss your maniacle plans in your individual team topics.

Round 2 Scores wrote:
Team Star Dust Coin: 125
Doodle - 0
Saber - 70
Cheesey - 15
Sims - 25
Gar - 15
Kisori - Epic Fail (FIRED!)

Team Pay Day: 155
Josiah - 100
Kaida - 40
Terra - 5
The N00b - 5
Luke - 5

By the way, all banners from Round 2 can be found on my Siggy Site.

Round 3 wrote:
Who's that Mokemon? It's Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series Reference!
...Actually it's the next challenge. It's "Who's that Pokemon?", just with IPA. I post mystery IPA sprites, you've gotta guess what they are based on the shadow. It's a test of your IPA knowledge, so I'll need the IPA's name AND type if you want credit for it.

First to post the correct answer gets the points for it. I'll try to post new ones frequently, not just when I update the rest of IPA, if that becomes necessary. Except tomorrow I'm not gonna be online like at all... Also, you can only respond to ONE per post. If I post two sprites and you tell me both their names, the other teams gets all the points. Double posting is, obviously, extremely illegal. So, here we go. These guys are pretty easy... but later on you might see evolved forms that no one's gotten yet, so it can be tough.

ImageImage

Round 3 Scores wrote:
Team Star Dust Coin: 190
Doodle - 0
Saber - 30
Cheesey - 25
Sims - 10
Gar - 125

Team Pay Day: 55
Josiah - 0
Kaida - 0
Terra - 45
The N00b - 10
Luke - 0 (FIRED!)

I have all the shadowed IPA saved on Photobucket, though that's not really important.

Round 4 wrote:
Attention, IPA Apprentices! The next round... is going to take place here in the Away thread. I'm gonna be out of town for a few days with unknown internet status. The rules are the same as last time:

Silver wrote:
Someone that's not participating in the battle will judge. Anyone that participates in IPA can do it - I trust you guys. Just to make sure we're clear, if you currently have another battle in regular IPA, it doesn't matter - it's on hold until I get back. You'll each pick three IPA. The battles can be done two-on-two or one-on-one, but either way, you'll only be using two of your three in the battle; this is more about strategy than normal IPA battles, so choosing wisely has a factor in it.

Except now it's also a challenge in IPA apprentice. I'll rate your performance when I get back and whichever team does the best overall wins. People that aren't in IPA Apprentice - like Neo and Luquos - and those that have already been eliminated - like Luke and Kisori - can still participate in the IPA Away Game, of course, and the overall winner will recieve an IPA-related prize whether they're in Apprentice or not. It would be really nice if you non-apprentices could help out with the judging, actually...

And remember to choose your opponents carefully, apprentices. You are allowed to challenge people from your own team. Winning a battle will get you points, but so will participating in one...

Anyway, here are the rental IPA. You might recognize some of them.

...Unfortunately, I don't have teh data for the rental IPA any more; I only posted them in the Away thread... I do have it marked in Paint which species were included, though. I did that so I could make sure there was a decent variety - quite convenient, isn't it? And now, the much awaited scores for round 4...

I gave points for choosing a well-rounded team that covered each others weaknesses, choosing IPA with combo attacks like Sunny Day-Solar Beam and Sing/Hypnosis-Dream Eater, Judging other battles, winning battles, KOing an opponent's IPA, and attacking with type advantage. The results ended up looking like this...

Round 4 Scores wrote:
Team Star Dust Coin: 260
Doodle - 60
Saber - 80
Cheesey - 55
Sims - 35
Gar - 40

Team Pay Day: 275
Josiah - 120
Kaida - 55
Terra - 35
The N00b - 65

With Team Pay Day ahead by only five points. Which means Saber now has to decide which of her Team mates gets the boot... as soon as I recreate your team threads. And remember that it's not only this round's results that factor in to the decision.

Last edited by Silver on Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:45 am 
Pokémon Legend

*cough*15*cough*

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:48 am 
Mew

Go me! Despite getting on too late to get my first choices, and my team's weakness to fire, I still owned. I owe it all (well, probably not all but a lot of it) to Marmalade. I should totally go catch a Smoochpom when I get the chance.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:51 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Yeah, it pretty much all goes to Marmalade. And Spike. You got quite a few points for just picking it. I didn't figure he was a very appealing option, what with only one offensive attack... but with Recover, Protect, and Iron Defense, that thing would be a nightmare to get rid of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:53 am 
Mew

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Recover and Staryu, plus my other two choices were low on DEF so I wanted a tank. Marmalade, on the other hand, was all about Sing + Dream Eater.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:40 pm 
Pokémon Master

The next round may take a while, seeing as Saber Knight won't be here in a few days to vote someone out.

And I kinda think IPA Apprentice: Reality TV on the Internet! (Take 2) makes a little more sence. Then again, when has IPA ever made sence?

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:37 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

I know, it's really more of a Take 2 than a Season 2... but since I made the Reality TV joke, I kinda had to run with it.

And even when Saber gets back, I don't imagine that decision will be made quickly... everyone left on Team Star Dust Coin has pulled their weight. So who would she get rid of?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:47 am 
Pokémon Legend

Oh...so THAT's what were waiting for...

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:36 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Yeah... I had really hoped to get the next round started before I left for the weekend, but... I can't really do that until we know who's going to be eliminated from the current round. On top of that, starting while Saber's away wouldn't be very fair.

So we'll start again as soon as she gets back. I guess I could use this chance to prepare for later rounds anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:27 pm 
Pokémon Legend

I'm back.
*face pales* I-I got the most points? I have to decide?!
Oh crap.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:44 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

The next round is here, and it is...
IPA Quiz Time!
It's exactly what it sounds like. I'm gonn ask you questions. You're gonna give me answers. More specifically... I'm going to ask each team fifteen questions, and they're going to post the answers - one answer per post, so that the entire team has a chance - in the Team threads. Don't worry about the other team stealing anwers - you're each getting individual sets of questions. Also, each team can ask me to check three answers; I'll tell you if you're right or wrong. But only for three questions, so save it for the ones you're really not sure of.

Whichever team answers the most questions correctly by the end of the week wins. But what if it's a tie, you ask? In that case... each team has to vote a member off. Because it's a DOUBLE ELIMINATION ROUND! If it's a tie, each team votes someone off; if not, the loosing team has to eliminate TWO members. How's that for an intense twist? ...Yeah, the last round went on for too long and I need to make up for it... Well, there's a lot riding on this one, so THINK! Think, my little peons! I know you can do it if you really try!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:25 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Silver wrote:
This should really go in the Apprentice thread and not the general discussion thread, but... Team Pay Does only have one more question to answer and four days to figure it out.

Not to mention that I will somehow create a real live Lola and make her kill you if you can't figure it out, The N00b...

Whoops...my bad...

You know what? It doesn't help that the time warp ate all the names of the new IP. And we already had Lola named, just haven't put it up yet. Put don't worry, i'll be scouring people sigs until i find two more.

And there is a real live Lola, my sister. Even if we lose, I know i won't get eliminated. Neither will Josiah.

Silver wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:53 pm 
Pokémon Legend

So, when will the next round begin?
Just curious.

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:57 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Probably Monday. Leaving for the weekend again, hopefully I'll have time to think of another challenge during that time...

I-I mean, I'm going to give you guys the weekend to... overcome the emotional loss each team has faced? Yeah. Something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:16 am 
Pokémon Legend

Gar...I'm going to make SURE you get out next round. No matter what.

And I think it'll be funny to see Josiah become Silver's apprentice. Seeing as how he'll be an Admin answering to a Mod...

Silver wrote:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next