It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:35 pm 
Mew

Could have sworn you originally said this was a two week challenge...

Anyway... So for our last question, we already explained how breeding works and we already got Abrat. So, for the other two...Tyronea and Skitrogue?

I just read through a very large chunk of the discussion thread and the best I could do was make an educated guess. Unless Marley comes up with some more concrete evidence, that's our final answer.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:47 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Silver wrote:
Whichever team answers the most questions correctly by the end of the week wins.

I'll admit that was a weird way to word it, but the implication there is that it's a one-week challenge.

Anyway... Skitrogue is correct, Tyronea is not. Tyronea was Skitrogue's mother. Which is only slightly disturbing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:52 pm 
Mew

Drat... Ok, so we've got two, Abrat and Skitrogue. Well, I'm out of ideas and we're out of life lines (used our last one in a PM to check my last answer). Marley, I'll leave it you to make a guess as to the final IPA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:13 am 
Pokémon Legend

There is no post telling the wrong answer to number 2

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

Last edited by Blastotoise on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:58 am 
Mew

Hold it Marley. I know Flaakuna isn't the correct answer. Partly because it's an evolution, not a base form, and partly because I caught one of said base form in the wild.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:05 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Well then I dont know.

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:44 pm 
Mew

Just for the sake of guessing then... Nincopotas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:51 pm 
Pokémon Legend

I don't think its that one either...I remember seeing it somewhere.

Perhaps combynaut?

Silver wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:49 pm 
Mew

It's not combynaut, positive about that. So current guess is still Nincopotas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:57 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

All right, here's the break down...

1. What was the first new IPA released after Silver took control of IPA?
Josiah wrote:
Phanyta

Correct!

2. How are the offspring of IPA produced through breeding determined, and what three IPA were discovered this way?
Blastotoise and Josiah wrote:
It's the main breed of the mother and the secondary breed of the father. Two examples are my Abrat and Skitrogue?

Correct... Mostly. The third IPA was Houndlithe. Kaida's Cinder and Soul_Man's X were the parents. Because you were so close, though, I've given you 10 of the fifteen points this question was worth.

3. How were IPA Balls obtained in the past?
Josiah wrote:
They magically appeared when an IPA evolved.

Correct!

4. How many IPA appear at a time?
Blastotoise wrote:

Correct!

5. What is the effect of the Ever Candy?
Josiah wrote:
Feeding it to an evolved IPA causes it to revert to its previous form. Feeding it to an unevolved IPA gives it EXP equivalent to two wins, but also prevents evolution until 10 wins.

Correct!

6. Why is it important to say that the Star Dust Coin is attached to an IPA?
Josiah wrote:
So Silver remembers it's there and gives you your IC.

Correct!

7. How many threads where wild IPA appear are there?
Blastotoise wrote:
There's 8 (9 if you include the first part of the discussion thread)

Correct!

8. How often does the ability Effect Spore activate, and what status conditions can it cause?
Blastotoise wrote:
10% of the time. Paralyze, poison, and sleep.

Correct!

9. How many EXP, at least, do all IPA in the Dark Forest have?
Josiah wrote:
5 EXP

Correct!

10. What information is given about each IPA that appears in the wild?
Blastotoise wrote:
Name, Experience, Gender, Type, Abilities, and Attacks

Correct!

11. What is the second rule of IPA?
Josiah wrote:
DO NOT complain about your egg hatching late, or anything at all happening late for that matter.

Correct! ("Don't talk about IPA" was also acceptable)

12. Which TM is awarded for defeating Brawly, and what is the effect of the attack?
Blastotoise wrote:
When you beat Brawly, you get TM 08, Bulk up. When used, it raises the users Attack and Defense.

Correct!

13. What is Flamethrower's Power when Sunny Day is in effect and increased by STAB?
Blastotoise wrote:
It will do 285 damage.

Incorrect. How'd you get 285? The base power is 95. Sunny Day increases that by 50%, to 142.5. Then STAB brings it up to 190.

14. What three requirements must be met before someone can join IPA?
Josiah wrote:
Having an avatar, spending a decent amount of time on the forums, grammar that's at least understandable.

Correct!

15. How DO IPA pull money out of thin air to perform a Pay Day Attack?
Josiah wrote:
They use alchemy to transmute ordinary items, such as rocks, into money. Either that or it's all because of aliens.

Correct! (Anything besides, "Heck, I don't know" was also acceptable)

Questions had varying values based on difficulty. That said, the results ended up like this...
Team Pay Day: 110
Josiah - 60
Kaida - Zip
Terra - Zero
The N00b - 50

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:02 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Are you SURE Sunny day doesn't double the attack power of fire moves? I always thought that's what it did...

And Doesn't STAB increase it by 50%? that would make a 142.5 attack be 213.75...

Silver wrote:

Last edited by Blastotoise on Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:09 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Psydex wrote:
the power of Fire attacks is increased by 50%

See? 50% increase =/= x2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:12 pm 
Pokémon Legend

Well still...190 is wrong.
you have a 95 attack+50%=142.5
then do 142.5+50%=213.75...

Or does it not work like that?
And Josiah didn't say anything about it either...

Oh and I vote Kaida

Silver wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:19 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

No, that's not how it works; you're increasing it by 50% after it's already been increased by 50%. Both STAB and Sunny Day increase the base power by 50%.

For some reason it seems unlikely that Josiah would know the answer to that off teh top of his head, and if he didn't stop to do the math, he wouldn't have any reason to doubt your answer.

Also, Josiah got more points than you, so it's his decision who's eliminated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:03 am 
Pokémon Legend

Right...I was looking at the other teams topic

Silver wrote:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next