It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: The Super Leagues OOC
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:23 pm 
Mew

This is the OOC for my new RP, which will be getting a thread shortly.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:43 pm 
Gym Leader

I'm in!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:11 am 
Random Trainer

Some, ah, extrapolation on my character, 'cause otherwise he/she can seem kinda overpowered.

Itzal's telekinesis extends more or less to inanimate objects, and the biggest thing he can toss around is...probably a medium-sized car. He can use it to move himself (to hover or fly), but doesn't trust it enough to use on others. There's also a limit to how many objects he can hold onto at once; after he reaches that limit, he needs to discard everything before he can grab more. He can also use his power to block objects or people from reaching him, unless they're moving at unnatural speeds or are particularly strong or something.

Ausra's strength is also limited to picking up and tossing cars. She can manage small cars with ease, larger cars with some difficulty, and vans with great effort. Even larger vehicles/objects (think the size/weight of trucks) are behind her ability to lift, but she can shove them hard enough to flip/slide them over. Her maximum speed is just under Mach 1.

If any of their abilities are still too overpowered, just let me know and I'll find a way to tone them down.

About EILOS' arch nemesis...I suggested to Faustgy that we enter the RP together, since she said she wanted to play as a villain. I figured it'd be more convenient to fill in each other's archenemy spots instead of creating more openings for potentially unused characters. So once she lets me know what her character's villain name will be, I'll edit it into my profile.

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:19 pm 
Mew

I kinda like the idea of one person coming up with the villian name and the other filling in the details, but I guess I can give you an exception.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:06 pm 
Pokémon Master

Since I wanted to be the villain, I decided to put my own in. I decided either the Joker or Magneto, but seeing that everybody had a superpower I just chose Magneto. Before I even say Magneto again, was I supposed to just select an already-made villain or base my villain of an original villain?

Edit: Mandi is right. I just understood what you meant.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

Last edited by Metalheadz on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:13 pm 
Random Trainer

I think the point of making a villain was to wait for someone else to make a hero and put their arch nemesis' name in their profile. Then you take that name and use it to make a profile for your own villainous character. I don't think we're supposed to select existing heroes or villains.

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:35 pm 
Gym Leader

:rant: ...Seriously, gving him plasma control too, metal?A bit of a cop-out, don't you think?And isn't he a bit overpowered? Anti-matter AND plasma?If it's the same accident, I'm pretty sure either they would get the same powers, or it would affect each person differently and they would both have different powers, not the same. Still, Plasmoid wouldn't really have a chance to beat him at that rate. And while villains can win sometimes, hero's need to win sometimes. And where is his age? :/rant:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:30 pm 
Pokémon Master

Yeeeeeaaaah, about anti-matter control... the reaction of 1 kilogram of matter with 1 kilogram of antimatter produces a reaction with a force roughly equivalent to that of 43 megatons of TNT.[/physics] So yeah, way overpowered.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:36 pm 
Random Trainer

Uh, as awesome as your character sounds, Doodle, I think you'd have to either change him to a hero or wait for someone to put "The Greaser" as their arch nemesis to make him a villain. ._.

Meh Siggy Site

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:20 pm 
Pokémon Master

Right. I guess that is overpowered. I'll find something better in mind, but in the meantime I'll keep the plasma control since I can't find anything weak enough in association with a black hole.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:35 pm 
Random Trainer

Maybe invert gravity in certain places within a certain radius and for a certain duration? ._. I dunno.

In other news, my arch nemesis' name has been decided on, so it's been added to my profile.

Meh Siggy Site

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:37 pm 
Pokémon Master

BionicleMandi121 wrote:
Uh, as awesome as your character sounds, Doodle, I think you'd have to either change him to a hero or wait for someone to put "The Greaser" as their arch nemesis to make him a villain. ._.

I dunno... I wasn't thinking of making him anybody's arch nemesis or anything, just sort of like a typical bad guy for people to fight on the way to the real threat who would eventually do a heel face turn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:21 am 
Gym Leader

I still think it's a cop-out to have him have the same powers. I'd realy like you to change it, though I can't force you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:14 pm 
Mew

Doodle, your character does sound pretty cool though it goes against the "use someone else's villain name". Hmm... Since you did such a good job with his description, let's leave him there for the moment on a status pending basis. If someone creating a new hero wants to use The Greaser as their arch enemy, or someone with a hero whose arch enemy hasn't been taken yet wants to change theirs to The Greaser, he'll be approved.

Everyone else's characters are approved. And, speaking of villian's, I'll be grabbing one of the free ones later today or tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:33 pm 
Pokémon Master

K then, I'll switch my character over to the Hero's side.

Also, just to clear some things upm I would like to point out to Metalheadz and Blue Fire Cyndaquil that plasma is merely a gas that has been energized to the point that it's electrons are freed from their respective atoms. It is what makes fluorescent and neon lights glow, and not what is used by the so-called "plasma weapons" in Halo, Doom, Quake and Unreal Tournament.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next