It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Fire Emblem OOC
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:14 am 
Random Trainer

I was kinda going for a pun there. Crimea River: Cry me a river :sweat:

At least, if that's how it's pronounced. I probably should have made it more apparent and asked if there was a river named after Crimea.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:19 pm 
Random Trainer

Lol, how clever. Well, you can join the Fire Emblem RP if you like. I'm still accepting new characters. However, if you're not going to join, I'd rather you not post in this thread.

"The press can hold its magnifying glass up to our problems, bringing them into focus; or they can use that magnifying glass to light ants on fire, and then perhaps host a week of shows on the sudden flaming ants epidemic."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:45 am 
Pokémon Legend

Eclectric wrote:
There aren't 'humans' in Tellius, either.

Well, I'm not sure if things have changed in Tellius, but at the beginning of FE: Path of Radiance Ike used the term "human" to refer to himself and his companions. It wasn't until he reached Gallia that he learned the term "beorc". Laguz use human as a hateful term toward beorc (though it's not like most beorc can tell since they refer to themeselves as humans...).

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:39 pm 
Random Trainer

Saber Knight wrote:
Eclectric wrote:
There aren't 'humans' in Tellius, either.

Well, I'm not sure if things have changed in Tellius, but at the beginning of FE: Path of Radiance Ike used the term "human" to refer to himself and his companions. It wasn't until he reached Gallia that he learned the term "beorc". Laguz use human as a hateful term toward beorc (though it's not like most beorc can tell since they refer to themeselves as humans...).

Humans (called Beorcs in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn) are the most common race in the Fire Emblem series, mostly notable for their use of weapons and lack of an ability to transform. A common concept throughout the series is humans either oppressing or attempting to drive out their Manakete or Laguz counterparts during the game's story or backstory. Also, in the same way that Beorc sometimes use the derogatory term "sub-human" to refer to Laguz, Laguz sometimes use the word "human" to mean the same thing.

"The press can hold its magnifying glass up to our problems, bringing them into focus; or they can use that magnifying glass to light ants on fire, and then perhaps host a week of shows on the sudden flaming ants epidemic."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:04 pm 
Combusken

Location: Dwelling currently in the time warp. (Yes, I AM jumping to the left)
Would it be too late to join this?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:01 am 
Random Trainer

not at all^^ post your character info here:)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:33 pm 
Combusken

Name: Kiriyu Kisena.

Race: Beorc

Text color: #800000

Class: Myrmidon

Background story: Kiryu was always brought up away from Laguz. He was brought up in Daein, but always disagreed with any of the rules and societies there. His parents were of Crimean descent, and were rather wealthy, meaning he was raised with a blade in his hand. On his first encounter with the Laguz, he was immediately fascinated by their abilities, and why they gained so much strength into them. This caused a fascination rivalled by none in his mind. It was soon after this, that he left home, bringing only his sword with him. On the road, he met with a small group of travelers, and went with them for a while, travelling the realm of Daein, and eventually passing into Crimea. Soon after reaching the border, he found a number of coins missing from his pouch. He investigated for a while, and finding the man who took his coin, he promptly took the man's hand with his blade. It was the just punishment for the crime, and as such, he was permitted to do it. The fact that he enjoyed the blood welling from the wound, and the man's screams of agony was unimportant. He was cast out from the group, and traveled alone for a long while, and this is where he is today, on his quest for enlightenment.

Appearance: From the hair down, his hair is golden blonde, and at shoulder-length. It's always well-kept, no matter what is happening. His skin is a pale tan, as he has spent a long time both travelling and out in the sun. His eyes are of a deep purple, and are always seeming to pierce through you, as if he was looking directly into your soul. He tends to wear a cloak of deep brown, over light leather armour.

By the way, can I get filled in on the plot so far?

Last edited by luquos on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:45 pm 
Random Trainer

Approved.
Just skim through the RP so you know what's going on. I haven't revealed the plot as of yet. The RP's in a preamble of sorts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:19 pm 
Combusken

Alright. I'll do that probably tomorrow. It's rather late right now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:23 pm 
Combusken

Sorry for the double-post, but you'd probably miss this otherwise.

Read through it, throw me in wherever you like. By the way, I reveal things about charcters that I don't put in my description, so don't be surprised if I upturn what you think you know about him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:38 am 
Random Trainer

That's fine. Write yourself in, though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:48 pm 
Combusken

Well, considering you wrote everyone else in, I thought you might want to, but fair enough. I'll do that in a second.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:19 am 
Random Trainer

Everyone else I wrote in because their characters were the original characters. At that time, there was nowhere for them to write themselves in. I wrote them in so they wouldn't be wandering around aimlessly. Now there's enough going on for you to write yourself in.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:49 pm 
Combusken

Fair enough. Coin flip's up to you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2