It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:23 pm 
Pokémon Master

This is where you discus the RP.

This is also the 1000th topic! Yay!

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:45 pm 
Random Trainer

...Okay so I'm not exactly fanatic about this series, and I haven't watched all of the episodes, but I did see enough to get a good idea of what the Avatar universe is like. That being said, could I join? ^^
It's a bit of a shame that all the bender spots have been taken already, but hey, roleplaying a normal human once in a while is fun too.

Name: Hanfong (first new character in a while. Whoo)
Appearance: Hanfong has long black hair, parted on the right and tied back in a ponytail that almost reaches her waist. Her eyes are also black. She dresses in tan, white, and light brown clothing like all the members of her tribe, and is just as swathed in scarves as they are. Usually her head is mostly covered by the scarves, but at night or in less sunny areas when she takes them off, she wears a small pair of glasses (made of wood to avoid absorbing too much desert heat).
Fighting Style: Dual-wielded daggers, with a few stashed in strategic spots on her clothing so that she can swiftly pull one out and throw it if needed. She's also fairly good with a bow and arrows, but has absolutely no bending ability, to the shame of her parents.
Nationality: Sandbending tribe
Personality: At first glance, she appears to be shy and not very talkative. Once you get to know her, though, she opens up and gets positively chatty. She particularly likes to talk about subjects she's interested in (namely bending of any kind, knives, and archery). Once she makes a friend out of someone, she keeps them as friends until she's either offended or betrayed, in which case she holds grudges for years. Depending on the situation, she can either take forever before making a move, or she can jump in without much forethought.
Other: Thanks to having no bending ability whatsoever, she relies entirely on other people in her raiding group to power their sand-sailers. She makes up for it by doing more of the menial chores (setting up tents, finding firewood, starting the fire, cooking, etc.) whenever they have to set up camp. Her parents aren't heartless enough to disown her and leave her to find a living for herself, although she causes them much grief by being unable to bend. Her eyesight is good enough to get a good idea of what's going on, but to be able to see details, she has to wear her glasses. Living in the middle of Si Wong Desert was hard regardless of the Fire Nation's actions, so Hanfong isn't as bitter toward them as most people would be. She is highly cautious around them, though.
Text Color: Uh...let's try sienna

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

Last edited by BionicleMandi121 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:46 pm 
Pokémon Master

Well, I was planing on having a sandbender. I've been thinking that we need some way of getting across the Si Wong desert, but with the bender positions filled, I don't know how to get there short of hiring a sandbender guide.

Acctually, I have an idea. What if BFC modified his character info so that he can be your character's brother? It would solve the problems of having an entire bending group and having to hire a guide. Bataar doesn't have a lot of cash and wants to keep his expidition as small as possible.

That, and I'm too lazy to create an NPC. :drop:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:56 pm 
Random Trainer

I don't have much objection to that, really. BFC would have to change a lot of his profile, though, and I don't know if he wants to. :/

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:05 pm 
Gym Leader

Would I still be an Earthbender?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:07 pm 
Pokémon Master

Like I said, you're still a bender, but you'd have to be a sandbender.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:10 pm 
Gym Leader

Oh. That would be a problem. Could I do both? Technically, they're both pretty much the same. Just, different. I'd really like to be an Earthbender.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:06 pm 
Random Trainer

There's a stylistic difference between sandbending and earthbending though. Even Toph, the earthbending genius, couldn't sandbend very well (if at all; I watched that episode a long time ago) because sand is so minute and loose and...shifting. Earthbending, I think, kind of requires a solid, well-grounded base. "Normal" earthbenders would therefore have difficultes using their bending on sand 'cause it changes so much. Wikipedia mentioned that sandbending resembled waterbending more than anything else, and the official Avatar website says the sandbenders have specially adapted earthbending to life in the desert. The implication seems to be that it would take a lot of effort for a 'traditional' earthbender to pick up sandbending.

EDIT: Uh, so, am I in? oo
I'd like to know so I know whether I can add my profile to my Characters List post or not.

Meh Siggy Site

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:37 am 
Pokémon Master

Well, in the finally, Toph managed to create a very detailed model of Ba Sing Se out of the sand, but then again she is the greatest earthbender alive. But yes, sandbending resembles waterbending and airbending more than earthbending, and there can be a very rough transition when bending the two. So you can either do two things, BFC. 1) make like Gara and take sand everywhere with you, or 2) find an earthbending scroll.

Oh, and yeah, you're in Mandi. I want one more person before we start, and then we'll be off!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:45 pm 
Gym Leader

Then, could that be the sand bender?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:04 pm 
Pokémon Master

I don't know what your asking, but basically, if you become a sandbender, you can still move rocks and boulders, but you'd have to use different movements.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:22 pm 
Gym Leader

Is it too late to join?

Volgel(4):Magneduo- Gender: Male; Type: Electric, Flying; Abilities: Magnet Pull, Early Bird; Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Pursuit
Schwann(4):Bronzling- Gender: Female; Type: Steel, Psychic; Abilities: Levitate, Heatproof; Attacks: Wrap, Confusion, Growl, Hypnosis
Swapi (4):Larxy- Gender: Female; Type: Normal, Flying; Abilities: Natural Cure, Serene Grace; Attacks: Peck, Charm, Sing, Fury Attack
Zutodile (4):Hydra(SDC) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Inner Focus, Torrent; Attacks: Leech Life, Scratch, Supersonic, Water gun
IC as of 6/7/09: 737

Signature site, how original!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:47 pm 
Random Trainer

Nah, the RP's only one post in. You'd have to join as a nonbender though. Keep me some company. :D

Meh Siggy Site

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:16 pm 
Pokémon Master

Phonox wrote:
Is it too late to join?

Of course! You can't be a bender or from the Fire Nation, but you can join. I kind of felt uneasy with the group having four people, because four equals death.

So yeah, just post your character info here and that's it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:40 pm 
Gym Leader

Hey, since it's only been 50 years, is the iceberg at the Oasis still big, or is it already that small? Also, since we're from 50 years before the avatar, does this mean we're doomed to fail?

Name: Shun

Appearance: Shun has jet black hair that slightly hangs over his right eye. His eyes are dark brown. He wears tan pants and a dark brown shirt with a white sash around his waist tying them together. He has a pair of blue tinted goggles with white frames to protect his eyes against desert sandstorms. He wears a red scarf around his neck, which he usually uses to cover his mouth. He has a loose black cloak to protect him from rain, sand, and other forces of nature. At 5'11", He is quite tall.

Fighting Style: He uses smoke bombs, flash bombs, and fire crackers to confuse his targets and instil fear. After laying down a cover of smoke, he uses several sickles and a sythe to take out his enemies. He dislikes long, drawn out fights and will try to defeat his enemies and disappear before they have a chance to retaliate. In cases of emergency, he has a hidden, spring loaded knife. He can also do a Garra and bend sand. He doesn't carry around a giant gourd though, he just has secret compartments in some of his weapons and clothing.

Nationality: Earth Kingdom

Personality: Although he acts cold and mysterious, Shun is actually quite friendly and talkative with his friends, although it may take a while to earn his trust.

Other: Although he was raised by sandbenders, he was born deep in what is now fire nation territory. After learning that he was born in the Earth Kingdom, he left his tribe at the age of 16 to journey deep into fire nation land, find his real parents, and liberate his home from the fire nation. Supporting himself by stealing fire nation supplies and driving them out of villages, he ended up on the fire nation's wanted list. Shun ends up at the Misty Palms Oasis avoiding bounty hunters.

Text Color: This one

Volgel(4):Magneduo- Gender: Male; Type: Electric, Flying; Abilities: Magnet Pull, Early Bird; Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Pursuit
Schwann(4):Bronzling- Gender: Female; Type: Steel, Psychic; Abilities: Levitate, Heatproof; Attacks: Wrap, Confusion, Growl, Hypnosis
Swapi (4):Larxy- Gender: Female; Type: Normal, Flying; Abilities: Natural Cure, Serene Grace; Attacks: Peck, Charm, Sing, Fury Attack
Zutodile (4):Hydra(SDC) - Gender: Female; Type: Water, Poison; Abilities: Inner Focus, Torrent; Attacks: Leech Life, Scratch, Supersonic, Water gun
IC as of 6/7/09: 737

Signature site, how original!

Last edited by Phonox on Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next