It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Azuri OOC
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:09 pm 
Offline
Pokémon Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 4:34 pm
Posts: 5744
Location: Ottawa, Soviet Canuckistan
Yeah, go ahead... I just feel like a complete and utter failure. Every roleplay I've started has failed because I get writer's block. Every roleplay I join I get hopelessly behind in because of writer's block. Just another reason to hate myself, I guess.

_________________
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Azuri OOC
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:19 pm 
Offline
Pokémon Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:33 pm
Posts: 10526
Location: Trying not to be found
I apologize I haven't gotten my own post out to further the RP, but my life has been very busy and hectic and I'm doing my best.

However...
Eclectric wrote:
*revive*

The group hears metal-on-rock banging on the other side of the wall, and the ground tremors beneath their feet with each bang. The sound sends a primal chill down everyone's spine. The rune-covered wall bursts outward and flames lick out between the rocks as a Di'zai, clad in armor, flies out and lands on the wall on the other side of the room with an ear-piercing metal screeching sound. Upon a moment's inspection, it can be seen that the Di'zai is light-blue in color and carrying big round bronze shield and spear.

Watashi wa shinen, SHINENZU!

...no.

I'm not sure what's up with the Japanese (which, if I recall, is from the Captain Falcon anime right before the Falcon Paunch), 'cos there's no quotation marks or anything... but the door can't just be broken by fire. It was a magically sealed door, and stated to be so... if it wasn't, don't you think Evrona would have chucked rocks at it and been done with it all?

I apologize, I don't like to do this, but I'm disregarding your post.

I have a major post planned that should be interesting... or so I hope. If I can, I will try and get it out tonight or tomorrow, however I have an AP Stat test tomorrow, an AP Physics B test on Fri that I really need to start studying for, and a few chapters of AP US (which takes FOREVER TO READ) to do... I'll probably just procrastinate and write the post 'cos I feel bad, tho.

_________________
May the Triforce be with you.
"To love another person is to see the face of God." ~ Victor Hugo
"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Azuri OOC
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:46 pm 
Offline
Random Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 4:38 am
Posts: 1425
Location: Taillteann
Meh. It's fine. It's not like it's been a month since the last post or anything.

_________________
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Image
"The press can hold its magnifying glass up to our problems, bringing them into focus; or they can use that magnifying glass to light ants on fire, and then perhaps host a week of shows on the sudden flaming ants epidemic."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Azuri OOC
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:03 pm 
Offline
Random Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:30 pm
Posts: 2227
Location: Depends. :K
I've had to wait half a year or even over one year for posts in some of the RP's I've been in, so one month really isn't bad.

Besides, school has started, so most people don't have nearly as much free time to do what they want. Those in the last year or so of high school also have to prepare for tests, college apps, etc. So when people aren't posting, there's usually a good reason. Just sit back and wait.

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Should I...oh whatever. /o/
Image
Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Azuri OOC
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:51 pm 
Offline
Pokémon Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:33 pm
Posts: 10526
Location: Trying not to be found
For the love of all that is holy PLEASE SAY MY LAST POST WAS ACTUALLY KIND OF EPIC AND IT'S NOT ALL IN MY HEAD

_________________
May the Triforce be with you.
"To love another person is to see the face of God." ~ Victor Hugo
"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Azuri OOC
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:58 pm 
Offline
Random Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:30 pm
Posts: 2227
Location: Depends. :K
That was pretty epic. Although about halfway through I kinda got a foreboding feeling and started wondering "Great, is Evrona gonna be the protagonist or the antagonist now? If the latter...but I like her. D:"

I'll work on a post later, but right now I need to go eat dinner. XD

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Should I...oh whatever. /o/
Image
Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Azuri OOC
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:11 pm 
Offline
Pokémon Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:33 pm
Posts: 10526
Location: Trying not to be found
BionicleMandi121 wrote:
That was pretty epic. Although about halfway through I kinda got a foreboding feeling and started wondering "Great, is Evrona gonna be the protagonist or the antagonist now? If the latter...but I like her. D:"

Y'see, I have very few things set in stone for the RP.... the whole Aether thing was there from the start, and I still have a few things that I wanna do, but they're not really set in stone... they can adapt.

Also... Evrona is totally one of my favorite characters ever, which is kind of why I want her to turn antagonist... ehehehe... just gonna have to see how things play out :P

_________________
May the Triforce be with you.
"To love another person is to see the face of God." ~ Victor Hugo
"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Azuri OOC
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:52 pm 
Offline
Random Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 4:38 am
Posts: 1425
Location: Taillteann
That was epic. I just did something epic in turn. Hehe, I did see this coming, which is why I had Gareth incognito a while except for the bit about him and the "Untamed Destruction" sword enchantment. We're to assume that the sword he has now is the Untamed Destruction sword.
Also, here's the backstory that's not explained in the actual post:
Gareth was able to immediately identify Evrona's race, though he didn't mention it. In his experience, he knew about Balanced, the truth about the power potential and the relative whereabouts of this cave. After parting with the group, he knew where they'd be heading and that he might need a better weapon to deal with Evrona. He went to the location, got the Untamed Destruction scroll, and then retrieved an ancestral zweihander. He used the enchantment on the sword and then went to the area of the cave, where he found the group and followed them at a distance. He waited outside the cave after they went in, and was going to wait longer, but he heard the noises inside and had to rush in. Incidentally, although he's standing there like he's invincible, the truth is that the enchantment weakens his life force. His stamina and physical power aren't changed, but his ability to deal with injury is reduced.

This should be an epic showdown and the first major action in the RP. =3

_________________
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Image
"The press can hold its magnifying glass up to our problems, bringing them into focus; or they can use that magnifying glass to light ants on fire, and then perhaps host a week of shows on the sudden flaming ants epidemic."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Azuri OOC
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:13 pm 
Offline
Random Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:54 pm
Posts: 2153
Location: Thunder Road
Siranae wrote:
Wooooooooooooow.

This goes here, not in the SKS thread. Sorry for the confusion.

And since tone can't be read, this wow is in awe.

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Azuri OOC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:36 am 
Offline
Random Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 4:38 am
Posts: 1425
Location: Taillteann
Oh, on a side-note; as for the nature of sword Gareth is using... It possesses an arcane power. It's not a fundamental power, like fire, wind, water, or earth. It's a 'common' power, one that occurs from the natural processes and properties of the world. It's the natural tendency for all things to break-down over time, for perfect things to age, for order to become chaos, etc. This is the energy which is imbued in the sword. It breaks things down into its basic components. While it's immune to these effects, it inflicts this on everything it strikes. Energy is diffused on contact due to being changed into various other forms, losing energy with each transformation; matter is destroyed when cut (Power of the strike effects this like it would splashing water. A touch or small cut can't destroy, though does more damage than an ordinary sword because it decomposes/vaporizes some of the matter). The sword's basically the materialized form of destruction. Lol, that doesn't sound too different from what a normal sword does... destroying and splitting into smaller pieces... but the key is that this "Untamed Destruction" is the direct counter to the Aether magic. On one hand, Aether is the original magic and the balanced are immortal. On the other hand, Destruction comes last and destroys everything except itself (since destruction doesn't stop). Could destruction be superior to aether, or vice versa, or could the two cancel each other out? This should be interesting.

_________________
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Image
"The press can hold its magnifying glass up to our problems, bringing them into focus; or they can use that magnifying glass to light ants on fire, and then perhaps host a week of shows on the sudden flaming ants epidemic."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Azuri OOC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:21 pm 
Offline
Pokémon Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:33 pm
Posts: 10526
Location: Trying not to be found
Eclectric wrote:
Oh, on a side-note; as for the nature of sword Gareth is using... It possesses an arcane power. It's not a fundamental power, like fire, wind, water, or earth. It's a 'common' power, one that occurs from the natural processes and properties of the world. It's the natural tendency for all things to break-down over time, for perfect things to age, for order to become chaos, etc. This is the energy which is imbued in the sword. It breaks things down into its basic components. While it's immune to these effects, it inflicts this on everything it strikes. Energy is diffused on contact due to being changed into various other forms, losing energy with each transformation; matter is destroyed when cut (Power of the strike effects this like it would splashing water. A touch or small cut can't destroy, though does more damage than an ordinary sword because it decomposes/vaporizes some of the matter). The sword's basically the materialized form of destruction. Lol, that doesn't sound too different from what a normal sword does... destroying and splitting into smaller pieces... but the key is that this "Untamed Destruction" is the direct counter to the Aether magic. On one hand, Aether is the original magic and the balanced are immortal. On the other hand, Destruction comes last and destroys everything except itself (since destruction doesn't stop). Could destruction be superior to aether, or vice versa, or could the two cancel each other out? This should be interesting.

Uhm... the only issue I have with that is... Aether isn't magic. It's Crafting. They're TOTALLY different things in this word: Crafting comes from the gods and Magic comes from the spirits. Balanced are incapable of using magic because the power of the gods is so strong in them. And I didn't say the Balanced were immortal... they just have very long lifespans due to the perfect balance within them. Other races expire sooner due to the imbalance of the elements (though magic users tend to have longer lifespans due to the spirits aiding them). Destruction would have to be a magic... it's not one of the four/five gods, therefore it can't be Crafting. Therefore, the two can't really be opposites... they're two different things. Magic and Crafting.

_________________
May the Triforce be with you.
"To love another person is to see the face of God." ~ Victor Hugo
"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Azuri OOC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:24 pm 
Offline
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:10 pm
Posts: 2669
Location: Mars
I've been not asking this because I figure the answer will be 'no,' but still, is it too late to join?

_________________
Add me on Steam. It's "Capperroff"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Azuri OOC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:02 pm 
Offline
Random Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:30 pm
Posts: 2227
Location: Depends. :K
That was kind of confusing. First it sounds like Untamed Destruction increases the entropy of things. Then you say it decomposes them. Not quite the same thing. @_@

_________________
Image Image Image Image
Should I...oh whatever. /o/
Image
Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Azuri OOC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:10 pm 
Offline
Random Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 4:38 am
Posts: 1425
Location: Taillteann
Saber Knight wrote:
Uhm... the only issue I have with that is... Aether isn't magic. It's Crafting. They're TOTALLY different things in this word: Crafting comes from the gods and Magic comes from the spirits. Balanced are incapable of using magic because the power of the gods is so strong in them. And I didn't say the Balanced were immortal... they just have very long lifespans due to the perfect balance within them. Other races expire sooner due to the imbalance of the elements (though magic users tend to have longer lifespans due to the spirits aiding them). Destruction would have to be a magic... it's not one of the four/five gods, therefore it can't be Crafting. Therefore, the two can't really be opposites... they're two different things. Magic and Crafting.

Mmm. Bleh, I need to stop making complicated posts at 4:00-5:00am.

BionicleMandi121 wrote:
That was kind of confusing. First it sounds like Untamed Destruction increases the entropy of things. Then you say it decomposes them. Not quite the same thing. @_@

Basically what it does is destroy the structures of things such that they're reduced to their most simple components.

_________________
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Image
"The press can hold its magnifying glass up to our problems, bringing them into focus; or they can use that magnifying glass to light ants on fire, and then perhaps host a week of shows on the sudden flaming ants epidemic."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Azuri OOC
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:22 pm 
Offline
Pokémon Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:33 pm
Posts: 10526
Location: Trying not to be found
Eclectric wrote:
Basically what it does is destroy the structures of things such that they're reduced to their most simple components.

Like... breaking water into hydrogen and oxygen...?

_________________
May the Triforce be with you.
"To love another person is to see the face of God." ~ Victor Hugo
"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group