It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Forum Wars OOC
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Just so I don't forget to do it later.

Also, feel free to use this space to give me, the master of this realm, feedback, whether it be positive or negative. And that includes feedback about the concept or questions about the goings-on, which I will of course entertain even before the thing starts.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Stevenson's Latin Phrase of the Week:

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: Forum Wars OOC
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:47 pm 
Gym Leader

Question - Will we all know each other? Since obviously I, personally, would recognize the name Stevenson from somewhere (I don't know anyone else that goes by that name), and also since you acknowledged me as matrix kirby.

I am the artist formerly known as Matrix Kirby.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:50 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

You look like a kirby from the matrix. If I saw that after figuring out I was in Pebble Version (the console Stevenson mentioned can access forum settings and he saw he could edit his signature, in case you were wondering how he figured it out.), I would figure out it was you. Similarly, in that context and having a parrot introduce himself as Stevenson, you may figure it out similarly.

Foment: (verb) To excite or arouse, i.e. 2014's Week of Randomness hopes to foment some activity on the forums.

Brutum Fulmen: (senseless thunderbolt) This phrase, coined by Pliny the elder, is used to refer to an empty threat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:54 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Oh also:

A Note from the RP Creator

There are going to be evil versions of actual forum members. They may act in ways you don't agree with. So let me now make something perfectly clear.

I am not trying to make a statement about you based on how your evil self acts.

It's true that I did loosely base the personality of each dark persona based on their regular half as it were, but only loosely and, in some cases, hardly at all. Evil Shauni, for example, has almost nothing to do with regular Shauni. Please do not think I think you're a jerk if your evil version is a jerk, or that you're stupid if your evil self is stupid, or anything of the sort. It's a made-up character only loosely based on you, and maybe not even that.

If you still have a problem with the way I'm making an evil you act, or an evil anyone else for that matter, post it here or PM me if you prefer.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:05 pm 
Pokémon Legend

So these are evil versions in the sense that they have the same personalities as us, but opposite alignment? Or are their(our) personalities completely inverted?
Please tell me Evil Silver has bad grammar.

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:08 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

The idea is that they have a similar personality to you, but twisted, distorted, and evil. Dark Silver is essentially a giant evil bird Joker, actually. But you'll meet him soon enough.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:16 pm 
Pokémon Legend

I changed my text color around to be a little less eye killing. Let me know if it's too close to Mandi's

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:10 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Not Stevenson, but I don't think being too close to Mandi's will be much of an issue, mostly because there are other ways to clarify which character is speaking. We should be able to figure it out one way or another.

Also, we interrupt this program to bring you a special new bulletin:

SIMEEEEOOOOON I can't even BEGIN to tell you how awesome it is to have you back for a roleplay! It ery nearly brought a tear to my eye like this is FANTASTIC ;_;

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:00 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Gar, being meta will earn you no points. Just FYI :-P

You see, you made me use a smiley to demonstrate tone. This is what you've driven me to.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:01 pm 
Pokémon Master

Hey now, I'm not being meta. Just genre savvy.

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:34 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

A note: as Silver mentioned, there has not been an appearance of the intro-thread trio in quite some time. I actually had difficulty finding out what they were, because I didn't remember Poodle at all, and didn't remember Super Hot Dog Man except the fact that it involved a Hot Dog. It took me some time to actually find them, haha, but I knew I wanted doppelSilver to summon them in the intro thread.

This is the kind of work I put in to make this RP great. You guys should thank me. I'll accept a parade or everybody else retracting the candidacy from King of the Forums.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:06 am 
Random Trainer

Just wondering, could I edit my profile to include wings? I don't necessarily have to be able to fly (though that'd be even more awesome), but I really want wings. -w- Mostly because the version of me in this RP is sort of a conglomeration of how I represent myself in online games, and I do spend quite a lot of time in said games flying around.

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:17 am 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

Sure. Just lemme know if you acquire the ability to fly so I can take you off the list of people who can equip the cape.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:52 pm 
Shiny Wobbuffet Prince

I know I'm double posting, but it's important you all read this, so I wanted the little orange indicator to show up again.

At this point, the RP is completely open, except for the closed gates, obviously.

It is totally a reasonable strategy to split up and explore different forums seperately. I might even suggest it.

I have every forum planned vaguely, so don't worry about asking my permission before going through a gate.

A point of clarification: specific threads are only represented in broad strokes--if you had investigated the pavilions in the Intro area for example, you would have seen a banner over each welcoming a specific new member. You can only enter the subforums, not individual threads.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:34 pm 
Random Trainer

Awesome! :D
Uhhh yes I would like the ability to fly please. -w-
/goes to add wings to the drawing

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next