It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:24 am 
Mew

I'd be up for a Harry Potter RP. Though I think it might be a lot simpler (storywise), if it were set at some point after the books with a new villian. I'll also note that it seems highly unlikely for a student, or even a full grown wizard for that matter, to be an expert in all the areas of magic you mentioned. Even if you look at the main characters in the books, they all had at least one or two subjects that they just weren't any good at.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:13 pm 
Pokémon Master

The only Harry Potter student I know who was a master at the most subjects was Hermione, so I guess I can agree with you on that. I can always add a field in their character profiles of what subjects they're good and they're not good at. My idea for a prequel vs your idea for a sequel can also be debatable. The problem is, there really wasn't anything evil after the Deathly Hallows, so I'd have to create a brand new villain. I appreciate the advice, Josiah. Anybody else want to comment?

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:06 am 
Gym Leader

I'd be interested in a RP for Harry Potter. Although I agree with Josiah on the villan part, it would be easier to have an rp based with the events after HP. And we don't know that there wasn't anything evil after the Deathly Hallows, how do we know that another Dark Witch or Wizard didn't show up 50 or 100 years later?

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:29 am 
Pokémon Master

The only reason I prefer a prequel is because most of the cast is still around, Dumbledore most importantly. If we did it 50-100 years after the main events of Harry Potter, key characters like Professor Mcgonagall, Hagrid, and even Harry would probably be dead. Making new characters wouldn't be a problem for me, though.

What I had in mind is that before the events of Harry Potter, Voldemort had this huge army roaming the muggle world. Before they can launch their assault on Hogwarts, Dumbledore had this task force to eliminate them, so it wouldn't be a problem later on for Harry and the gang.

EDIT:: We'll go by sequel. In place of Dumbledore, Harry will be headmaster of Hogwarts. I'll think up more stuff later, but please do continue commenting! :)

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:32 am 
Mew

If we're trying to stick to canon, shouldn't McGonagal be headmistress? In the epilogue, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are all working for the Ministry of Magic.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:29 pm 
Pokémon Master

(using a proxy from school so I can read this)

50 years after, McGonagal would be probably be dead. As for the Ministry of Magic part, IIRC everything about 19 years after is canon (when Harry and Ginny, Ron and Hermione are full grown adults) then everything after is non-canon or fanmade? 50 years after the main events, Harry might leave the Ministry and assume a position at Hogwarts, which of course is totally unfaithful to the original. :-P It depends how long after the events of Harry Potter I plan on going, but Kaida's idea for 50-100 is reasonable.

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:48 am 
Gym Leader

Actually since witches and wizards appear to live longer then muggles, its quite possible Macgonagal would still be alive. And I don't think Harry would become headmaster, there would be alot more chance of that being Hermione.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:41 am 
Pokémon Master

Okay then. I should start the RP around Monday or so. Depends on how many more people are interested, however.

Trophy Case:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:07 pm 
Pokémon Legend

I'm definitely interested. I <3 Harry Potter~

Also, Rowling stated that they all go into the Ministry eventually (Ron and Harry as Aurors, Hermione in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement), but, eh, who said we had to be canon? :P

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid." ~ William Ernest Henley
Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:58 am 
Gym Leader

Time to try and revive the RP section, I know everyones been busy and all, but I've had an idea for a Pokemon rp;

Many legends, histories and mysteries surround the Pokemon world. Some were wildly known, some less so. However there's one legend that that barely a whisper is heard. It's said it originated from a sailor who had gotten lost at sea. He told of an island he washed ashore on during a storm and of the people who rescued him. It's said the island lay somewhere south of Kanto and Jhoto, the exact location being unknown.
He told those he met of the island, the peoples kindness and their own history. Atop the dormant volcano there was a shrine, said to be the entrance to a temple where a great evil was sealed away in ages past.
Guarding this temple was a Ninetails, who was believed to posses the spirits of nine fallen sages who had attempted to destroy the evil. But during the precess they were interrupted by a lone Pokemon, a Vulpix, which had come to help, it had fallen from a cliff and interrupted the ritual. And instead of destroying the evil it was sealed away.
The spirits of the sages - their body's having been destroyed - descended on the Vulpix as it cried, apologizing and wanting to help. They saw that it had intended no harm and had meant only good, so they joined with it, causing the Vulpix to evolve into a Ninetails with a Silver sheen and many coloured tails.
Till this day and many more, it guards the temple from those who would release the evil.

So what'cha think, any interested?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:52 am 
Mew

Interesting setup, but who would the players be and what's the goal? I assume this sealed evil is going to escape?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:25 pm 
Combusken

Just last night, I was wondering if I should start posting in some of the RPs soon.
Ah! I'm always up for a Pokemon RP! It's just that these days, I'm rather busy, but once my schedule clears up a bit, and if the RP is created, I would definitely join.
While the background information you've provided is interesting, I pretty much have the same questions Josiah had already asked.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:16 am 
Gym Leader

As time went on, technology advanced, and humans explored the world in which they lived. A once isolated island was slowly becoming more well know as a tropical paradise and began to attract those going on holidays, and became a popular stop for cruise ships.
The people's one village flourished with the times, while still managing to keep their heritage and traditions. While most of visitors only learned of the islands history on their first visit, there were a few who had heard a garbled tale. One of those few was a young scientist, as he listened to the stories of the villagers he became more interested, and made his way up to the shrine everyday for nine days and studied it, though there was not much there. On the ninth day he found the concealed entrance spoken on in the legend. Young and foolish as he was he entered and came under the wraith of the guarding Ninetails.
Though somehow he managed to quell the Ninetails fury and made friends with it, the Ninetails enjoyed having someone to talk to the the scientist enjoyed listening, as much as the Ninetails enjoyed hearing of the world beyond its temple and the island. Eventually the time came when he had to go, while the parting was sad, though they knew it much be so. The Ninetails gave his newfound friend a gift, a nine pointed star pendant with gems of nine different colours – grey, brown, red, pink, purple, blue, green, yellow, and gold – matching the colours of his tails to take with him.

***50 years later/ Present***

A roar shook the island as a cloud of smoke billowed from the tops of the mountain. The villagers were aroused from their sleep as sirens echoed around the buildings. The glow of fire emitted from the top of the mountain as curious people looked up, wondering what happened. Those who were watching all said the same thing, as the smoke from the fires rose the swore that the saw eight coloured lights rise up from the volcano top and fly north and disappeared into the night.
Those who worked the rest of the night to put out the fires could only say that some kind of battle had happened and a crater of some sort was found on the mountain side.
Those who were visiting had the tale to tell to their family and friends when they returned. However those who lived and grew up on the island felt a knot in their stomachs form as the looked up towards the shrine and wondered if something for the worse had happened.

Hopefully that helps alittle more, it actually took me a little while to work out how to start it.

Edit; Also ment to add onn, that it's probably a little digimon inspired it that helps you to understand who the players are.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:18 pm 
Combusken

Late reply, but I'm personally interested in it. I don't remember much about Digimon, but I think I get the gist of the direction you're trying to head this RP toward. And if my guess is wrong, I can always just adapt.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:30 am 
Torchic

RP Ideas:

One Piece RP
In this RP the characters would be pirates (Possible to have some users have marines). They can have devil fruits if they want, however these MUST be original (aka. not taken by canon) and must be reasonable (aka. no paramecia's stronger than Whitebeard's no outragous logia's or zoans etc.). It'll be fun!

LOZ RP
In this RP the characters would be traveling around hyrule/termania/new hyrule/the great ocean/oceanic hyrule/ancient hyrule. They will get items throughout the RP, like in the series. They can collect rupees, which can be used at stores and to play minigames. It'll be awesome!

Good ideas?

Wow your're right!

The Moral: Dog Pokemon Rule!

Games Owned: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Firered, Leafgreen, Heartgold, Diamond, Black

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next