It is currently Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:40 pm 
Mew

Well, I was just going to have another of the bad guy's armies attack us so if you've got a more plot related battle, by all means go ahead. Unfortunately, my main plot related plans can't advance until we actually land on the new continent so anything I make up at this point would probably just be filler.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:29 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

<_<

Neo, that post was disgustingly god-modish. Yes, I know Veterna's powerful, and yes, I know what Instakill does, but you can NOT KNOCK OUT SOMEONE ELSE'S MONSTER WITHOUT EVEN GIVING THEM A CHANCE TO DODGE! Gah...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:48 pm 
Pokémon Champion

fine fine, I'll edit the post for ya. Geesh.... :twitch:

But in ROM 3 I never complained when Josiah KO'd my monster before I could say dodge or anything so apparently we are allowed (not very often and it would be my first time doing it) to KO someones monster if it's a fight we've staged. What do you say Josiah?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:13 am 
Mew

Hmm... Back in ROM 1 we could pretty much do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted. But, with each new ROM, we're gotten more and more organized. This is a rather tough call. If this was a one on one battle I'd have to side with Silver since it's unfair to take out your opponent's monster without permission but that's not the situation here...

I'm gonna say... Yes, you can knock out your ally's monster but within reason. For example, the attack has to be strong enough to knock them out and be able to hit them and the like. Also, if you have a certain monster or monsters that you don't want to be KO'd by someone else during the battle and tell everyone that, they're protected. Finally, don't KO someone else's monster very often. And don't try to take out half their party in one post or anything.

Well, that's my take but I'm not making it a law. ROM is yours as much as mine. Everyone, feel free to agree or disagree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:40 am 
Articuno

The way I see it, its would not be your choice if a monster was KO'd in a real battle. I agree with Josiah, you can do it, but maybe within reason.

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:59 am 
Mew

Sorry for my lack of posts both here and in Survivor over the last few days. As I've already said, I got the flu and, worse yet, I had final projects and presentations that absolutely had to be done. Those two combined made me a total zombie for a while. I'll try and make up for it tomorrow after I get some more rest.

EDIT: Or maybe not... I may be feeling a bit better but I can't really think straight right now. I'll post as soon as I feel that I'm able to do something decent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:04 am 
Mew

Well, like it or not I'm on vacation for the next couple weeks (I'm not sure how I feel about it right now). I do have internet but I'm not sure how often I'll be able to get on. Just a heads up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:43 pm 
Mew

Seems like it's about time we skip ahead a little until the boat lands. Any objections?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:20 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

It's not like there's anything I can do until then...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:52 am 
Mew

Well, you could always just do coversations between characters like I have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:13 pm 
Mew

Ooh! I've got an idea! Tell me what you guys think of this. How about adding a new twist to monster battles, just to make things a bit more interesting? We are on a new continent and all so the people there could fight differently. And no, I'm not talking about a fifth monster form (four is enough for that).

What I'm proposing is spell cards. These are sort of like monster cards but each holds a magic spell that can be used during monster battles. Spells could include things like healing, stat boosts, status effects, etc. To balance it we could have limits. Something like, you can only carry so many (five?) at a time and they have to recharge for a while (minutes, hours, day?) after being used.

Well, opinions? If you don't like it, fine. If you do, we could learn about them while we're in the city (me at the arena, Silver at the shops, etc).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:24 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Yeah, that would be cool! Like items in the Pokemon games. A limit of five sounds good, but I think more than recharging for a definite ammount of time, it should be a once-per-battle thing. And maybe there could be a limit of only using three per battle or something. I'll add that in today if everyone else says its ok...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:44 pm 
Pokémon Champion

I'm all for it. I had considered adding something like that earlyer to show that Neo was diffrent. And besides, didn't the orginal ROM mention something like that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:47 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Fun-ness.

I'm all for it, too. This will really up the ante, mew! ... and Neo's right. Didn't ROM 1 refer to that at one point? We gotta check that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:05 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Well, I think someone asked if there were any items you could use to heal your monsters when you were travelling and shauni was all, "NO YOU IDIOT," but that could be because they hadn't discovered Spell Cards in that part of the world. I mean, if they had to go through that weird wall thing, I immagine there wasn't much communication between the continents. Or maybe the wall thing didn't let the spell cards pass through... you know, there's gotta be some fancy magic that keeps it in the card, and the coding for the other area may not be able to handle it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next