It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:12 pm 
Mew

I don't quite understand what you're saying either Neo. I believe the route was something like... Go north through the mountains we're in now, got a bit further north, go east to the coast, then follow the coast south until we get back to the port. Assuming of course that something doesn't happen along the way to change those plan... :ninja:

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:18 pm 
Pokémon Champion

the east down the coast is the problem. We headed west past the mountains to get to the new land. So east would be mountains, not water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:03 pm 
Mew

I always assumed that the new land was its own seperate continent. As in, completely seperated from the normal continent by water. Which would make more sense considering how extensively Josiah, Shauni, and some of the others explored the old continent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:14 pm 
Pokémon Champion

was under the impression that large mountain range was Moen's home. Not many large mountains along a coast. So I just assumed that there were in effect one large continent divided by the mountains. Made sence to me at least.

And I do think we agreed in posts dating back to mid october on it. Or at least Simeon and I came up with and noone else said no to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:37 pm 
Mew

Moen's fortress is in the mountains but I thought it was mountains, then water, then the new continent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:41 pm 
Pokémon Champion

well, how many places have you seen with mountains, water, then land? Plus would make it abit easyer to program one large island the two sperate ones. See, this is why we really do need to come up with a solid look for the lands. One giant island does make abit more sence. But up to everyone on this. Just means I will either come up with something diffrent for the end of Neo's story or change some of what's been done so far...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:19 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Um... I was pretty sure there were two continents. And as for 'mountains, water, then land'... do you deny that the Rocky mountains are, to a degree, near the coast, then there's an ocean, and then there's Asia?

I don't think the one continent thing makes much sense... if you have flying monsters, mountains are hardly a big deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:14 am 
Blaziken Level 100

Now... This is assuming we are talking about us leaving Onett and arriving in Astley... Shauni herself described how Orca and Cap-Cannon were separated.

The best interpretation I had for it was: Cap-Cannon is a Bubble Universe that Shauni opened and it merged with Orca. The 'Ocean' we crossed was UNDER the mountains, and the mountains are impassible from either the air on on foot. The 'Ocean' started by 'Merry Creek/creak', and I believe Merry Creek was a 'glitch portal' akin to those 'falling through the ground/passing through walls' glitches in some old 3-D games. If this is the case, we just went through a glitch in the game into another 'glitch world' that eventually became part of the actual game.

Also I'm imagining the layout to be something like Europe/Asia, as the two Terran continents are also distictly separated by rage upon range of mountains (one of which is next to impassable unless you have a deathwish.)

What say you?

-Simeon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:42 pm 
Mew

Not sure about the falling through the ground thing... The way I understood it was that Cap-Cannon was supposed to be for a ROM sequel or expansion pack (which typically add new continents) but was never finished therefor the ocean seperating it from Orca was unpassable. However, that was screwed up when Moen collapsed the light and dark worlds at the end of ROM 2, which is how Neo was able to get to Orca. At least that's what I thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:14 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Well.. to make it a bit more plausible, we will call Cap-Cannon an unfinished expansion pack what would have only been accessed from travelling accross an ocean after defeating Bowen. But when the game was 'scrapped', the ocean was filled in by the impasse of those mountains... but the original coding was still there. Thus, the original coding that indicated that players could only arrive at Port Astley via ship made it nigh impossible to fly over the mountains much less pass then mountains on foot. That's why we went through the mountains, crossing water and not land. (and why the game's inhabitants think there is a curse there.... oooweeooo.)

Feel free to poke at flaws. I know that I'm missing a detail...

-Simeon

((Oh... and there are a number of elements from ROM 1&2 that I'll slowly be reintroducing into the plot for wrap up sake. *grin*))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:25 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Well, I can go with the expansion idea but still feel that the mountains are a divider of the two areas. How else is Neo to get to Moen from his side? But when the light and dark murged, it plunged Neo onto their side as he was close (if not in) Moen's place when the gamers defeated him. Would explain how he got tossed onto thier side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:10 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

Clarification: Mountains divide Orca and Cap-Cannon map-wise, but there is an ocean UNDER those mountains.

And yes, Neo being close to where Moen was when the Light and Dark Worlds merged would be the best explanation for how Neo wound up in Orca.

-Simeon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:17 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Makes good sence. So do we agree that the two maps were seperate from eachother game wise but are all on one chunk of land with impassable mountains? Only place to cross over would be Moen's due to the main goal of either side was to defeat him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:44 pm 
Mew

I don't think Sutra ever got far enough along with Cap-Cannon to give it an actual plot. Moen was already the bad guy for Orca, it's unlikely he'd return for the expansion. Most likely Cap-Cannon was supposed to have its own super villian that simply never got created. Or maybe that has something to do with the sins' leader...
Oh yeah, I'd say the collapse broke the barrier between the continents which is how Neo got to Orca (not to mention how we were able to go to Cap-Cannon).

Oh yeah, speaking of bringing back things from old ROMs... I plan on doing more with David's back story so that'll all get wrapped up by the end of ROM 4. I also have a really good plan for how ROM 4 will end, some of which I've already shared with Simeon and Shauni. You can ask if you want details but I'd kinda like it to be a surprise, at least until we're close to the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:47 pm 
Mew

Anyone gonna post or do I have to try and get things moving again?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next