It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: ROM: Out of character
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:12 am 
Articuno

((Below text shamelessly stolen from the other OOC threads)) :)

This thread is for OOC (Out of Character) discussion for the cast of all Offical ROM RPs.

This thread is intended for the entire cast to agree on storyline moves and/or events. If such events only involve two of the cast members, both cast members must limit their conversation to Private Messaging.

This thread is also for evaluating potential new Cast memebers or reinstating old Cast members...

PLUS this thread will serve as an open disscussion thread for anyone viewing the RP.

Please keep all conversation civil and do not stray from the uses of this thread.

Thank you.

Also note that forum members wanting to join the RP should submit there character and backstory here.

ROM 4 To Do List - by Josiah

To Do List

Current Arc – Powering Up
1. Defeat Greed. Reunite Silver and Opal with main group.
2. Gain remaining Aesper Weapons.
3. Deal with David’s back story and Jeff regaining powers.

Tension Rises, Wrapping up Subplots
4. Destroy the source of the monster killing pink clouds. Reintroduce original Mutation Monsters.
5. Secret Event by Simeon.
6. Deal with Shauni’s memory loss and split personality. (Split Shauni from Envy.)
7. Deal with Simeon’s back story, etc.
8. Zanther’s return, Neo’s last sub-plot (Tsukasa’s SoS involved).
9. Fight Vanderbilt’s generals.
10. Huge battle against Vanderbilt’s army. Reintroduce god monsters.

Showdown With the Final Bosses
11. Showdown with Vanderbilt.
12. Showdown with seceret boss (by Simeon).
13. Showdown with Moen.

Ending
14. Special Ending Event (by Josiah).
15. Individual character endings.
16. Epilogue (by Josiah).

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:22 pm 
Mew

Um, since ROM has its own sub-board I think we should keep all official ROM stuff there so I'm moving it.

Also, for the record, if you want to join ROM you need to already be an active member of the forums and in good standing with everyone. Also, you must have read all previous ROMs before asking to join. Finally, ROM has a lot of characters already so the chances of us adding a new one at this time are very low.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:28 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

*glancing about*

Taking into consideration Master Jeffrey is AWOL indefinitely, what are we going to do with his ROM characters?

I could volunteer and play both Jeff and Ibun as NPCs (as such, our personalities are similar and I could play both easily), or has the rest of the cast decided to give Jeff and Ibun a quiet exit? Either way, I'm not complaining, I just need to know so I can plan for when Josiah-sama and company meet "The Guardian."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:11 pm 
Mew

Well, Jeff was actually an NPC for a large part of ROM 3 and I hate to drop him from the cast list now, especially since he's one of the main group of gamers. If you'd take over his character for now that'd be great.

As for the RP itself, at the moment I'm kinda killing time until Shauni comes back and does whatever it is she's been setting up with Codo. After that, I'm thinking something bad should happen which will lead to us going overseas to the new continent. Maybe Amhal could ask for our help, or that mystery army he's been fighting could attack or something... Any ideas? Although, if possible, I'd prefer that my island doesn't get destroyed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:26 pm 
Pokémon Master

Oh oh! Pick me! I got a great idea that can also explain about Opal's weird thing with her hands! And don't worry, your island won't get destroyed...unless we give Silver some matches x3 Hey, he admitted he's a pyro o_o' I'll IM you it and you can tell me if i's good or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:47 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

Well, I meant that like, if ever I'm presented with the option of having powers in a roleplay, it's always gonna be something fire-related...

And the grass seed thing... I dunno if anyone remembers since I haven't gotten a chance to bring it up since, like, the first ROM, but instead of fur, the whole Kojie line has grass. The reason I made it more tough than fast is because iinstead of skin it's got dirt so the grass can grow. o.o'

Heh, I was gonna put something really stupid about that in the roleplay, but I held back... The weed joke was bad enough. (But can't you just see Nurse Ojy saying, "Silver, I'm afraid your Kojie has a horrible case of worms... Earthworms to be exact." *shot* But- *shot* I just- *shot* Would you- *shot* Ok, I- *shot* *sigh* *shot* Does anyone have any *shot* Sniper-B-Gone? *shot*)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:46 pm 
Random Trainer

Hi guys!

I randomly started reading ROM 3: Shadow of Souls. I'm on page six, and so far it's freakishly amazing. Just wanted to mention that. ^^

Oh, and Shauni? Your spelling has improved a lot since then. That is a compliment!

Meh Siggy Site
And another one because they decreased the number of allotted pages on free sites

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:45 am 
Articuno

Thanks allot! O, and I have returned.

Let me run this by you guys before I do it.

Shauni has been experimenting with the power of Hellfire since she acquired it in ROM 3. She has opened some 'pocket domains' (like the sealed Domain Bowen dwelled in) and acquired a curse the hacker left out of the game because it would have been to hard to remove.

The curse is the two cursed daggers that speck to her.
They split the soul into 'Ying and Yang', meaning her good and her evil. At the moment her good and evil take over sporadically.

That's why she is one moment cruel and the next self sacrificing.

Elder Codo knows what has happened to her. The Daggers where meant for Moen (as a easy way to defeat him if you cheated in the original game idea).

You contact the hacker and she unloads the new continent data she has been working on from another game for us as there is a relic called the 'Holy Staff' that merges souls (as in you can merge monsters to make new ones originally!))
How does this sound?

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:57 pm 
Mew

I'm fine with the yin-yang dagger thing.

Although the hacker can't add the new continent to the game because it already exists (it's where Neo came from), so we're gonna need a different explanation for that. I've got a few ideas on that but, since we don't really need to explain it at this point in the RP, I figure I'll wait on those unless you guys really want to hear them now.

As for the holy rod, not sure how I feel about merging monsters but it would be a good way to get you back to normal and I wouldn't be surprised if it's lying somewhere on the new continent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:55 pm 
Blaziken Level 100

I want to warn you ahead of time that I want "The Guardian" to try another one of of the Archangel's abilities... I can't say what it is now, but may I use that ability? I just needed to shout a heads up so I don't cause a major freak-out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:41 pm 
Pokémon Master

Alright, here's what I suggested to J over IM, and he said to post it here so the rest of you can read it:

There's an army with only Metal Creatures (or not, I just love Metal types ^^ -hugs Skarmory-) that are attacking town by town. The kicker is, the leader is a 20 stories tall creature named Protoption (http://www.2and2.net/Priv/Protoption.PNG), and the other kicker is, when the group goes to stop this army, and when the meet Protoption, Opal/Silver (Hehe...acid cookies...) have like this flash back to when Opal created this creature years ago on earth, and Silver knows him as 'Mr. Acid Guy' because his role play characters would eat him...and his blood was acid. Lost a few jaws there. True story! Those were weird role plays....anyways, Protoption explains that he has been created in the data world and went into Orca, and he actually coded Opal to have those fire hands, and if we choose to do this, Opal would capture him, but it's actually Steel Shell's final evolution, so his data would make Steel Shell evolve into Protoption, but not evil...and needle-lesws (Long story x3 Yeah, there's my idea of what we can do.)

God ol' copy and paste

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:37 am 
Articuno

How does this sound?

The new continent lies beyond Merry Creak, sealed by magic. The seal is not two way. Beings from the content can get threw but we can't.
Shauni has broken the barrier with the daggers.

Beyond Merry Creak lies Amber and Kohaku. They are two mischief gods that where sealed beyond Merry Creak by the people of Onett as they caused to end of evil mischief. The people living beyond Merry Creak at D-Edge (neo's home town) guard the Forbidden Forest where they dwell dormant. The two daggers can re-awaken them, and drive Shauni to do so when we arrive looking for the Holy Staff that can cure her.

Bob's your uncle, we have our some bad guys for ROM 4. Shauni can then go ahead and realise more evil as the dagger drive her like armies and such =P

Go to ROM the Comic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:35 am 
Mew

Keep in mind that Simeon is on this new continent as well. Oh, and Simeon, it's hard to comment on something when you won't say what it is but I suppose it's ok...

So what's everyone else think of Shauni's idea? Seems like it needs a little tweaking but it could work. Although I don't think crossing a creek would count as coming to a new continent. Seems like we'd need to cross the ocean or something.

I think we should have two reasons for traveling there in the beginning. One would be to find the Holy Staff and help Shauni, the other to find the origin of the mystery army that Ahmal has been fighting.

Hmm... How about this? In the middle of the night Vahallo (which is right near my island) is attacked by members of this army (possibly incoorperating some of Opal's stuff). We go save it and afterwards Amhal asks for us to go to the new continent and find out who is behind the entire army. Since we were already thinking of going there for the Holy Staff we agree. Say this army aslo has some elite group like The Chaos Generals or something that could be our boss fights (like the Chosen, Zodiacs, SOS, etc).

As for the mischief gods, having Shauni unseal them at some point sounds fine to me but they shouldn't be the final boss. Mischief gods just aren't evil enough for that. It'd make more sense if they just popped up to screw things up from time to time.

Comments? Suggesstions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:48 am 
Articuno

Merry Creak isn't a creak really.

its the only section of an ocean that can be seen beyond the barrier which hides a vast ocean which connect to the new continent!

We can use the seven deadly sins from my comic if you want? each of them is already finalised and has motives we can tweak, they also have there own elements and powers, plus minions to each. We can use them if you like, or we can maybe base it on the Chinese zodiac this time. Or maybe the four seasons, or colours or something.

As for the main villain I have a few ideas.

Something Amber and kohaku release. there master. The god of Chaos perhaps. Ranmyaku, god of Chaos...

Or even Shadow Shauni who is HEllfire itself!

Go to ROM the Comic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:57 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Hum, I feel like I should voice my opinion on this too since it is an area where my char did come from (sould of posted more in Neo's Story, o well)

The orginal idea of the forest was indeed to house some of the strongest monsters in the world of ROM. Part (if agreeed, and I've said some of this for the comic) of the other purpose of the forest was also for Moen to try and get the monsters out and gamers would try and stop this attempet. Problem being that it never got programed in due to Hellfire and the game not being finished. D-Edge (short for Dark Edge since it's about 3 miles from the edge fo the Dark Forest/Forbidden Forest) was a protector town where players could start out (hince why Neo wound up there and not with the gamers and that part had been already programed in). The mischief gods could be in the forest if you like but I did have something planed for that area (I posted abit about a problem in ROM 4 when Tusekasa found Neo and was talking to him for the first time in years) but I don't want to spoil it unless Josiah or shauni need to know and I'll message them about it.

And the continent (if you remember from ROM 3 or my bio for ROM (not sure if in Bio)) was on the other side of the mountians where Moen's fortress was, so there was a mountain range sperating the 2. So imagina 1 giant island with mountains right down the middle. Though there could still be an entire new continent seperated by ocean I won't argure that. I just noteing that the location of Neo's continent had already been stated in ROM 3.

Then we could all go to the new one that's beyond Merry Creak that noone is from but where things are comming from ( the not 2-way thing of Shauni). Not sure about the Deadly Sins. But lets see what everyone else says :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next