It is currently Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:36 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

"Hey, I'M the comic relief! I'll forgive it this once, but no more trying to steal my spotlight, ok? Without that, I'd have no reason to post here..."

"Um, Silver? I'm pretty sure she's serious."

"How long have you been here...? Er, but that can't be right! I'm a Luffy, not a Sanji - we've been over that. Or if you prefer, a Shanks, not a Dra-"

"Silver! You can't mention Luffy's father! That's a spoiler!"

"Oh. Right. So what about Ga-"

"No!"

"What fun is being a One Piece fan if you can't reference it in a simple ROM post?"

"Listen, it's all very simple. This is ROM, where anything and everything is possible. That's why a freakish giant snake is talking to you right now. Oh, and give the Fourth Wall a break already."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:54 pm 
Mew

The group decided to split up to speed up their exploration of the caves.

Josiah and Virgo were moving quickly down a long twisting passage when Josiah suddenly paused.

"What's wrong?"

He shook his head. "I don't know... I have the strangest feeling that we just missed some big plot twist. Anyway, let's keep moving."

After walking for a few more minutes the passage began to expand until at last the pair found themselves in a large chamber. A moment later David and Neo walked out of a tunnel to their left.

"Oh, hi guys."

"Looks like some of these just lead to the same place."

"Well I guess we should," Josiah's voice trailed off as an odd sound filled the air, starting out very softly then steadily growing louder until it filled the entire chamber.

"It's, singing..."

"Really beautiful singing..."

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:25 am 
Blaziken Level 100

((... writer's block, MMOs, and work. Needed a short hiatus. Shoot me.))

It wasn't human singing that captivated the group's attention. The ghostly silhouette of a flying bird swooped down from the ceiling and flew around the cavern, alighting atop a cascading sculpture of ice and stone...

====

Jeff was flustered.

Not long after he, Ibun, and Shauni broke off from the rest of the search party, the tunnelpath they were following crossed with the path Simeon, Ivy, and Mahri were searching through. At that point, Jeff had taken unofficial leadership of the group and was now beginning to believe that they were all walking in circles.

"Not all who wander are lost, Master Jeffrey." Simeon spoke up from the back of the group, his deep voice breaking the icy silence.

Jeff sighed and rolled his eyes. "Well, we -are- lost. Don't tell me you know our exact location..." The air tasted of sarcasm after that comment.

"I assure you, I don't." was the glib reply.

The group groaned. (Except for Mahri, who was giggling.)

"Then what do you suggest we do?" Jeff growled, picking up his pace. "We're lost, we don't have a map --"

"Listen."

Jeff stopped, forcing the group to stop, too. He faced Simeon, his frustrated glare causing the group to stand aside. "Listen? To what?!"

Simeon had a sly grin. "The voices."

Jeff looked around, and strained to hear something... anything. Nothing.

Simeon shook his head. "You'll hate me for saying this, Master Jeffrey... it's the voices inside you. The ones you've been arguing with for the past few weeks now."

Jeff's eyes grew as wide as lollipops. ".. What?"

"Nevermind how I know... and don't say that it's nonsense. Those voices know where to go and what you're looking for." Simeon's wry look then melted into an expression of seriousness, "Listen to them."

Jeff just shook his head and turned around, resuming leading the group. They walked on for a few more minutes, as Jeff started to recall their first adventure so many years ago...

Why don't you listen? the soothing, child-like voice pleaded softly, It's been ages since I last sang for you...

That's when Jeff heard the beautiful singing. It was faint, but he could hear it. Shocked and elated on finally finding a lead, he glanced around, listening for where the song was loudest, and made a move toward it.

((... and the block hits me again. Jeff's/Simeon's group will obviously join up with Josiah's group. Feel free to uncover the first part of the Revolver, mew. Colors later. *goes to bed*))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:25 am 
Mew

"Hi guys." David saw Jeff's group entering the chamber. "Guess there wasn't much reason to split up afterall if all the passageways lead to the same place, huh?"

Josiah, meanwhile was moving cautiously towards the bird and the sculpture. As he neared, he could see an object lying at the base. "Part of a gun..." he picked it up. "Good, if this is here then the rest must be nearby. You know, I really wish that when people hid stuff they could keep it in one piece..." he muttered as he backed away, still watching the bird.

"I don't think its dangerous." Virgo was also watching it. "Actually, I'm not even sure if it's really here. It seems more like a projection or a ghost than a real monster."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:03 am 
Mew

((And ROM IS BACK! Ok guys, I know enough know to keep things moving most of the time even if Simeon can't post so I'll be keeping all his plot lines consistant and naturally introducing some of my own as well. Now, I'd really like it if I'm not the only one posting here. So you don't understand exactly what's going on? Fine, I still don't know all the details myself. You can always post your characters' interactions, what they think, what they do and say, etc. Heck, you can also make up things of your own. You can have a mysterious stranger appear just to see what the next poster will make of it like we did in the first RP or whatever. Even if you don't want to mess with the main plot, there's plenty of sub plots that can happen along the way. This is the last normal ROM RP and it needs to go out with a bang, and with all the loose plots and story threads tied up. So let's do this.))

"You..." Jeff murmured, his voice barely above a whisper as he walked towards the bird. "It can't be..."

It is. We've always been here with you, even though you forgot us along ago. But now you need us again... Please, you must begin to remember...

Memories filled Jeff's mind. Memories of when he had first come to Orca and met the others, memories of their first adventure together, and memories of the monsters who had fought beside him so long ago. They came in a jumble, mixed up and incomplete, the things he had all but forgotten.

As he neared the bird it flew down towards him. He raised his hand but as the bird landed on his outstretched fingers it vanished in a flash of light, leaving in its place the remaining pieces of the revovler.

"What just happened?" Jeff looked dazed, trying to sort though the fragments of memories. There was something he needed to remember, something important, but he couldn't quite grasp it, not yet...

"I'm not sure but it looks like we've got all the pieces now." Josiah handed him the final piece. "You're the gun expert here, why you don't you try and put it together?"

"It has nothing to do with knowledge." Simeon interrupted. "Only one chosen by its original wielder, Aerobreaker, the Dragon Aesper, will be able to repair the revolver. Now, let us see if Master Jeffrey really is the chosen one." Simeon held up his spear as it began to glow. "The Aespers may no longer be alive but their spirits remain. I should know, I am already the guardian of three of them."

There was a flash and a glowing creature emerged from the spear, its form hazy and indistinct. The creature drew close to Jeff and began to speak, but the sounds were not words that any of the gamers recognized.

"What's it saying?"

"It is masking its words from us." Simeon replied calmly. "Even I can not understand what Aerobreaker is saying now. But Master Jeffrey can, and that is all that matters. All we can do now is wait."

After several long minutes the glowing figure vanished, leaving Jeff alone with the Yuki Revovler, now whole once more, in his hands. "Before you ask, I don't want to talk about it." he spoke quickly. "I don't understand everything it said and my mind is a mess right now. I'm remember things I forgot, important things, but I can't remember all yet, I can't even remember why they're so important. All I know now is that we need to continue on our route, north into the desert. The next Aesper weapon is there somewhere."

As the gamers made their way out of the cave and back to the trail, Josiah once again dropped back next to Simeon. "You know more about this than you're saying, I know you do. These weapons... This is about more than finding a shaper sword or a stronger gun isn't it? There's something special about them..."

"The weapons and the Aespers hold many secrets, some of which I am privy to, and many I am not." Simeon replied. "But, as hard as you may find this to believe right now, sometimes it's better not to know everything. Some things you must uncover on your own and others, well, they may always remain shrouded in mystery. That's just the way things are meant to be."

"Wait a minute, what kind of answer is that?" Josiah countered but Simeon was already gone, walking ahead alongside David and Neo. Josiah sighed and shook his head, knowing he'd get nothing more out of the lion man that day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:28 am 
Mew

((Gee, I was hoping someone would post something. Silver, Opal, you guys plan on posting soon? Cause if not I'm gonna have to control your characters abit so they're doing something since they're not with the main group and all. Since I kinda need to know that, I won't have too much happen this post.))

The gamers continues on the trail for the rest of the day, stopping to make camp in a small cave along the way. A rather awkward silence prevaded that night amd continued into the following morning. Fortunately, around mid day the path began heading downward and spirits rose. Jeff and Shauni were still rather quiet and Simeon was as mysterious as ever but the others all seemed to be in fairly good spirits. By evening they had reached the base of the mountains.

There they found a fairly large town, which Simeon said was a common stopping place for traders and the like. Glad to be out of the cold and snow, the weary gamers headed off to find an inn. However, no sooner had they reached it then Josiah headed out on his own saying he wanted to take a better look around the town, leaving Virgo behind to look after Shauni.

((If no one else posts and changes my plans, I'll post what Josiah in up to in a couple of days. Totally wouldn't mind if other people posted though.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:44 am 
Pokémon Champion

Neo also wonder off into town. Be he wondered off to think some more. Now that he had gotten the evil of Zanther out he felt something missing. Though it wasn't a big feeling like it had been but he still felt uneasy too. Zanther was cunning and knowing him he still had tricks up his sleaves.

Neo tried to put Zanther out of his mind. "Why is it soo hard to just let him slip out of memory? He's traped in a card, burried in the shrine in the middle of a forest that hardly anyone dares to enter yet I still worry about him. What is wrong with me?" Neo said quietly outloud. "He's gone and never comming back."

Meanwhile an ill wind still blew in the Dark Forest. Zanther's card still safely in it's prision and the very unhappy Zanther still inside. But Zanther was crafty. The ill wind still has wispers and those wispers had orders. A sleeping figure awoke and next to it another woke too and it wasn't quite human...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:00 pm 
Pokémon Master

Opal rested a hand on her stomach. "I hope...I don't slow us down now. It's weird. I entered the game as a child, and...I may leave as an adult." She smiled, tilting her head towards him. "Oh, and as a comic releaf, you ARE the father Silver." She giggled.

"Well THAT'S a relief! Now that we got that out of the way, should we try to find the group now? Or randomlly walk into another sin?"

Opal looked at her new card. "Who knows how many the main group have gotten rid of now....we might as well look for them, see what we have missed."

"Wel, if we add the 5, carry the 2, divide by 87, we haven't missed a whole lot." Silver scratched his head.

"That's good." She let out a sigh of relief. "Well, let's go find them." She continued to rub her stomach. "Er...Silver..." She spoke up before bording Tashi.

"Er...yes?"

"I'm hungry." She made a ^_^; face.

"Uh-oh...Hustin, we have a problem..." Silver made a sweatsdrop, emptying his emtpy pockets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:27 am 
Mew

Josiah walked to the edge of the town and stared out across the open desert lying ahead. "Figures." he muttered. "Every video game has to have a desert and there isn't one back in Orca." He stuck his hand into his pocket and was just about to pull something out when he heard a voice behind him.

"Pardon me. I was wondering if you could help me." ((color: deeppink))

Josiah turned to find a woman standing behind him. She appeared to be in her twenties and had long black hair and watery blue eyes. The best way to describe her appearance was, in a word, perfect. She was a flawless beauty and her dress, a filmy clinging garment the palest pink, left little to the imagination.

"Huh? You, uh..." he blinked and shook his head, somewhat dazzled by her appearance. "Sorry, what did you need help with?"

"Actually," her voice was soft and cool, "it might be better to say that I want to help you. I was hoping to find you alone." she stepped forward, her brushing against his face. "So stong and handsom, I think you're the one I've been looking for."

"Wait a second..." he backed up. This certainly wasn't what he'd expected.

"I'm sorry to be going so fast." her shy smile was radient. "But I just can't wait, I must be yours. Please, take me. Sweep me off my feet."

"I, um... Look, I'm flattered but I already have a girlfriend and,"

"I won't take no for an answer." the girl replied, slightly more assertive than before. "That girl means nothing. Let me help you forget her." moving with a surprising speed, she closed the distance between them and kissed Josiah passionately, leaving him a bit dazed. "Yes, that's it. Now take me, give into your lust."

"Lust..." his eyes narrowed. "So, that's who you are. Sorry, but like I said, I've already got a girlfriend."

"Are, are you going to attack me?" her voice suddenly became helpless.

"Not if I don't have to. Forget Vanderbilt and give up your sin powers, return to who you once were, and you won't have anything to fear from me."

"My, my, self righteous to the end aren't you? I don't have anything to fear from you, I never did. If I can't sway you with my charms alone, I have much more persuasive methods. No on can resist me, not in the end." pink light began to build around her and Josiah felt his thoughts beginning to slow as the smell of her perfume surrounded him.

"Sorry... But, you'll, never, control, me." he struggled against her powers.

"Your mind is strong, but even the strongest mind can be overwhelmed eventually. And I can affect far more than just your mind. Even if your mind continues to fight, your body will still come under my control." the glow around her brightened.

Virgo... Hurry...

Back at the inn, Virgo stood up suddenly, startling the others. "Sorry, I've got to go. Josiah needs me." without any further explanation, she vanished.

((Feel free to do whatever BUT please don't find Josiah and Virgo until Lust has transformed into her monster form. Got a little more I want to do with her, Josiah, and Virgo before then.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:06 am 
Mew

Virgo appeared at Josiah's side and found herself rather confused by the situation. Instead of finding him in battle, he was merely standing near a beautiful girl.

"She's...a...sin..." he murmured through gritted teeth, struggling to keep control of his body.

"Oh dear, whatever will I do?" Lust moaned helplessly then laughed. You poor boy. Did you really think that she could save you?" the glow around Lust continued to brighten as she talked. "My powers affect women just as well as men, even if they aren't completely human. Now I merely have two playthings instead of one."

"Don't underestimate us." Josiah grinned, his voice much clearer.

Virgo nodded. "You would have to be Lust. I can feel you powers but such a simple and primal emotion is nothing compared to love."

"Love? Spare the speeches. Love is merely a weak facade errected to hide one's lust."

"I suppose someone like you can't understand." Josiah advanced. "But a true love can overcome even the strongest lust. Together it's as if we share one mind and one body. You might be able to overcome us individually but together, your powers are nothing." he reached for his card as Virgo's spear appeared in her hands.

"Fine then." Lust sulked. "Let's see how long this love of yours lasts against my true powers!" the pink light thickened and twirled around her as she changed shape, shifting into her monster form, that of a succubus.

((Lust (Monster Form - Queen Succubus) (a scantily clad demon of temptation, has wings and hidden fangs). Attacks: Nightmare - confuses opponents with a beavy of illusions; Power Drain - Drains health from target while healing Lust; Enchant - Charms target, convincing them to follow Lust's orders; Dazzle - Confuses all targets, slowing their thoughts and reaction speed; Ravage - An extremely powerful close range attack.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:51 am 
Mew

((Feeling a little weird tonight so I'm gonna keep this short. Which means everyone else has another day or two left if they want to jump in on this battle. If no one does, I'll be moving things ahead in a couple of days.))

"There you are!" the rest of the group suddenly ran onto the scene, having gone to look for Virgo after her disapearance..

"Is she a sin?"

"That would Lust." Simeon replied calmly. "Don't be distracted by her appearance or her charm, both are quite fleeting."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:10 am 
Mew

"Go Electriblast! Help Virgo. Electricuting Spear!" Electriblast combined its Electricuter attack with Virgo's Heavenly Spear for a powerful dual attack.

"Queen Ice Bird, Ice Flow!"

"You'll all be my slaves!!!" Lust broke through the attacks and charged at Neo.

"Supreme Golem, Defense Wall!" a wall of stone shot up around Neo at the last moment, causing Lust to crash into the outside.

"Static Surge!"

"Dazzle!"

The battle continued for quite some time, with Lust's healing and confusing techniques making her a very difficult foe to defeat. While Josiah, Virgo, Jeff, and David fought, the others remained on the sidelines watching anxiously.

"Jeff..." The voices echoed in his head once more. "Why aren't you helping your friends? Why aren't you fighting?"

"I can't." he muttered, too soft for anyone to hear. "All I have is my gun and she's weaving around too fast, I might end up hitting one of the others."

"You have far more then that gun. You only need to remember... Please, remember..."

Jeff struggled to sort through the tangles in his mind. "No... It's no good. I can't!"

"Yes you can. Keep trying and it will come to you. Maybe not today, but soon."

"Now!!!" meanwhile, Josiah caught Lust by surprise, allowing Virgo to swoop in and pin her to the ground. "It's over!!!" the group combined their attacks and Virgo jumped away at the last second as Lust was destroyed in a by the blast.

A card floated up into the air and drifted towards Josiah as the others cheered their victory.

"Restraint?" he frowed as he reached out and closed his hand around it. "Why the heck was I chosen by this one? It's certainly not the one I was expecting to get..."

"Umm..." Virgo edged closer and spoke in a low voice. "Maybe it's because we haven't..." she trailed off, blushing.

"Oh..." Josiah's face was red too. "Do you really think,"

"Hey, are you two just going to stand there all day?"

"Sorry, we're coming!" he and Virgo hastily headed towards the rest of the group. "Just looking at my new card. So, how about we call it a day and go shop or relax or something, huh? Let's go!"

((If no one posts, the next jump ahead post will be happening fairly soon (a week tops) since I want to speed things up more. Also, Silver, Opal, if one of you doesn't do something with your characters soon, I'm gonna start controlling them in these 'jump ahead' posts too.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:11 am 
Blaziken Level 100

((*typetypetypetypetypetype!!!!* ARR! Kickstart!))

"You still hear them."

Jeff didn't realize Simeon was standing right behind him.

"When will you be ready to trust your old companions again, Master Jeffrey?" Simeon pointed to the Revolver. "Have you noticed that your new weapon lacks ammunition?"

The comment Simeon made on the Yuki Revolver caught Jeff blindside. True, there were three parts, but no ammo to load the Revolver's chambers with...

"May your aim be forever true. May a shot never be wasted. The bullets the Revolver use are as reusable and plentiful as they are rare and precious..."

With that, Simeon took to the sky, casting one of his own spell cards ("Devotion Aura": Boosts defensive stats and increases armor by 25%) on the fighting members of the group.

((Color later))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:16 pm 
Pokémon Master

Opal happiness of the news quickly disappeared.
"I guess that old saying that when two people love each other very much, a child is created. Too bad in this game I have to experience the miracle of child birth than a stork flying down one day with a kid. Thank you Shauni."

"Ehehehehe....child birth?" silvers face went pale.

"Silver, this is serious...I...I...came to a conclusion. I can't continue being a hero like this. I'm going to head back to the village and stay there. You have to find the others and help them. Here, take this card." Opal handed Diligence to Silver. "It may have more use to you than me."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:13 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

"A-are you sure you want to give this adventure up? After coming this far, and working so hard to train your monsters... It just doesn't seem fair."

"I... don't think I was ever really cut out for it anyway. I originally just came here to find you, and I did, so... that's that."

"But still, I don't know how you're so sure you're pregnant, because it's not like we ever-"

"Monica and Suwabara."

"Oh, Fudge Crackers! I don't know which is worse - that YOU just beat me with an anime reference (That no one but Josiah would get, no less), or that I was compared to that jerk Suwabara!"

"Besides that, no child deserves to be raised anywhere near these two idiots..."

"What was that?"

"N-nothing! I... better get going. Good bye, Silver, and Good luck!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next