It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 55  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:05 pm 
Mew

((You guys do realize that you each get three monsters per battle right? At some point monsters are going to have to get KO'd.))

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:57 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

((Yeah, one of them's gotta go down eventually... and it ain't gonn be Frozen Taranchula. Eh heh, eh heh... But you can't make your opponent's monster go down, that's power-playing. Which is bad.))

<span style='color:gray'>"Frozen Taranchula! Can you hear me down there?! Use Abyss!" </span>Several moments after the command, the ground below the battlefield started to shake, the rest of the building starting to tremble slowly after. <span style='color:gray'>"...Maybe using that indoors wasn't such a good idea..."</span> A large crack appeared on the surface of the ice, splitting it down the middle. Frozen Taranchula climbed up the edge in the same way a spider climbs up a wall. It seemed to be unaffected as the ground around it shook violently. Usually, Queen Ice Bird would have been mostly unaffected by a ground attack, but as it was frozen to the ground it suffered the harsh effects that continued for a while.

((Heh heh, Silver's developped two bad habits... using big attacks inside and crashing into things XD))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:03 am 
Pokémon Champion

((Um, since when was Queen Ice Bird Frozen to the ground? The attack earlyer may of hit but didn't freeze or anything. It's still in the air so the attack would of missed.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:11 am 
Mew

((Hmm... We used to KO eachother's monsters all the time. But Silver does have a point. But now he's out of town for the rest of the week, just great... At this point I'm seriously tempted to god-mod a bit just to advance this battle. -_- ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:28 pm 
Pokémon Master

(Well he is coming back on Friday....but I can see you guys want to carry on the fights, and since no one is coming down and three monsters might take some time....so me thinks that the person who has been in ROM the longest should win. Opal will defentily lose against Josiah /he IS the strongest trainer in Orca/ but that is my opinion)

<span style='color:pink'>"Queen Ice Bird?" Opal took out her ROMex and read the data for the new nova stage creature. "Intersting." She said, then cheering for Silver some more.</span>

<span style='color:orange'>"Haveing fun?" Virgo smiled at Opal.</span>

<span style='color:pink'>"Oh yes." Opal blushed. "Being with Silver for over a year was quite some time to battle....but yet I still miss the time back at home...." Opal held her stomach to indicate her home-sickness</span>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:59 pm 
Mew

((Silver, Neo, I'll give you until sunday to get this battle somewhere before I step in and speed it up a bit. Sorry but we can't just sit around forever while you guys fight. Not when there's still lots of matches left in the tournament.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:56 pm 
Articuno

Shauni began to tap her fingers
*i wish theyed hurry up, I dont have time to hang around to long....*

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:25 pm 
Pokémon Champion

((Well, part one is about to end at least for me.))

<span style='color:red'>"Well, that's one way to get out."</span>, said Neo to himself. Though in his thought it was somewhat a waste of an attack as it didn't affect his monster. But one sometimes has to do that inorder to continue on. <span style='color:red'>"I've got to finish this somehow. Both monsters are probably on their last legs. Maybe If I try one more attack..."</span>, said Neo to himself.

<span style='color:red'>"Ok Queen Ice Bird. Lets try to finish this first battle. Use Ice Ball Snow Storm!" </span>

<span style='color:gray'>"What the fudge crakers?! Counter with Omega Billizard!"</span>

The attack from Queen Ice Bird was simillar to Ice Ball but in the form of it's Snow Storm attack. Basicly large balls of ice in large amounts like a snow storm. ((Hum, combo attacks. I've seen something like that before, just not in rom before (I think). I don't think all attack could be done this way. Maybe we should vote on this...))

Both attacks struck their target. Queen Ice Bird being pummled by Omega Billizard and Frozen Taranchula being pummled by the combo attack.

Afterwards both monsters didn't look too good. Queen Ice Bird was sitting on the ground. Then it returned to it's card.

<span style='color:red'>"You put up a good fight." </span>

((Now time for Silvers post))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:19 am 
Mew

((Combo attacks... We've had multiple monsters combine their attacks in ROM to create a new one, like the Planet Crush attack I used in ROM 2 and Silver's Planet Crush Ripoff. I don't think we've ever had a single monster combine attacks though...))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:35 am 
Shiny Pidgeot King

((Back... and no, we've never had one monster combine two attacks before. Like Josiah said, the only combo attack's we've had were attacks of two or more monsters... ROM is basically turn-based, so any combo attacks would have to be like Rain Dance and Thunder in Pokemon if you ask me.

And about the frozen to the ground thing- you said it was taking damage. That's not possible when your opponents using a non-offensive attack, unless you get hit by your own attack. And its own attack happened to be a large amount of ice that would freeze it to the ground <_< ))

Frozen Taranchula pulled itself to its feet, stumbling a bit, but shortly after Queen Ice Bird fell it realized it didn't have to go on and fell to the ground, Silver calling it back to its card. "<span style='color:gray'>Let's see... next, I'll use... Ejerion!"</span> Silver shouted as his newest monster, a black, canine-like monster with a red underside and bony features almost like that of a Houndoom, appeared.

((I'll leave it at that since Neo probably wants to pick his own monster... but no type advantage. That's cheap.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:31 pm 
Mew

((Actually, *double checks reference post*, there aren't any types with an advantage against shadow. On the down side, shadow doesn't have an advantage against anything either. But shadow types are immune to ground, metal, wind, ice, and water attacks.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:38 pm 
Pokémon Champion

((Hum, guess I'm not all fimilar with what are the offence and non-offensive attacks of other monsters. Well whatever. That battle is over now next one. Glad my line-up hasn't changed :) ))

<span style='color:red'>"Intresting. Well I choose you Hot Wire!" </span>The electric type monster appeared out of it's card. It looked almost like a Rapadash but with an electric feature where the fire would of been.

<span style='color:red'>"Lets start this off with Zap Cannon!"</span>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:05 pm 
Shiny Pidgeot King

((Then you might want to make sure you've actually read all of ROM... I've stated many times that Burrow is like Dig, except it doesn't damage the opponent. At least, it usually doesn't. It's strategic, not offensive.))

<span style='color:gray'>"Dark Gale!"</span> Ejerion dashed to the left with invisible speed, Zap Cannon missing in completely, then to the right, then right into Hot Wire. ((Since apparently none of you have played Monster Rancher 4 I can't compare it to the Ripper's attack of Dark Gale... <a href='http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/screen1/914760_10031022_screen002.jpg' target='_blank'>Rippers</a> OWN.)) But, as it was a Shadow attack, rather than slamming into it, Ejerion went right through its foe, the bony spikes on its shoulders doing the real damage. And, due to the insane speed, Hot Wire didn't even have a chance to dodge it. ((In MR4 it's easy to defend against, but it never misses)). <span style='color:gray'>"Gotta love that attack..."</span>

<span style='color:red'>"Now that it's in close range, quick! Zap Cannon again!"</span> Before Ejerion could jump back to its former position of semi-safety, Hot Wire fired another powerful blast of electricity that hit Ejerion, and hard.

<span style='color:gray'>"Laugh while you can... Ghostly Glare!"</span> Ejerion's eyes began to shine with an erie red color, and one accidental glance into those terrifying eyes from Hot Wire knocked it to the ground. Not fainted, far from it, really; just paralyzed in fear and pain. It took no damage- Ghostly Glare was just a clever illusion- but you'd never be able to tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:14 pm 
Gym Leader

<span style='color:purple'>*munching on some popcorn* "So Ibun, what do you think so far? Pretty cool huh?"</span>

<span style='color:darkblue'>"Yeah, real great. I'm sure you'd love to see a bunch of humans fighting it out for some silly prize wouldn't you?"</span>

<span style='color:purple'>*Pauses for a second and looks at Ibun.* "Yeah...I can see where you are coming from...well you can always um...not watch I guess."</span>

<span style='color:darkblue'>"Heh, it's okay. I'm just being a smart aleck. Don't worry about it. It's been interesting to watch for sure."</span>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:14 pm 
Mew

((Hmm... Maybe we should have a thread where people post what all their attacks do, just to streamline things a bit. Opinions?))

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 819 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 55  Next