It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:20 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Another reason is it's not the easyest card to get out. Granted that you can just have both fusion material monsters in your hand but as it has been said, it's easly countered in the current meta. Main one is Solam Judgement. It seems like most current winning decks run at least 2 or 3 copies of the card. Half your life points is a small price to pay to stop it from hitting the field. Also trap hole and bottomless trap hole work just as well. Both tend to find a place in most current decks. And if they don't clear the back row, Mirror Force or Sakaritzu Armor are common that will stop it from attacking. Hince why it's not banned. Too easy to get rid of it now days. And the ways I listed are probably not even half of the cards that can stop it now days.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:26 pm 
Pokémon Master

Neo Zanther wrote:
Another reason is it's not the easyest card to get out. Granted that you can just have both fusion material monsters in your hand but as it has been said, it's easly countered in the current meta. Main one is Solam Judgement. It seems like most current winning decks run at least 2 or 3 copies of the card. Half your life points is a small price to pay to stop it from hitting the field. Also trap hole and bottomless trap hole work just as well. Both tend to find a place in most current decks. And if they don't clear the back row, Mirror Force or Sakaritzu Armor are common that will stop it from attacking. Hince why it's not banned. Too easy to get rid of it now days. And the ways I listed are probably not even half of the cards that can stop it now days.

Will De-Fusion counter Rainbow Neos?

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:39 pm 
Pokémon Champion

since it's a fusion yes it will.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:09 am 
Gym Leader

It is easy to stop, but if you haven't got any Solemns, trap holes or bottomless trap holes, chances are you're in trouble, because most people who run Rainbow Neo's will have at least one crystal beast in their s/t card zone and if they've managed summoning their most likely not gonna risk attacking straight away if you have set s/t cards. Along with the fact that any more traps or spells you need to have set on the field, chances are their better off in your hand. I've found the most effective way to get rid of it if traps fail are spell cards such as magical dimension or lightning vortex.

Also most player's will run 2 or 3 Solemn's because they run better in pairs or triplets.

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:41 pm 
Pokémon Champion

If you are using Rainbow Neos in a CB deck then ya, if you have at least 3 on the spell/trap zone then you can stop it but if you only have 3, that's only one that can stop stuff. Though in the case of Judgement it' can't be stoped with the field card by removing one crystal beast cause Judgement is a higher speed then the field card.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:26 pm 
Mew

Neo Zanther wrote:

I get that it's easy to stop (pretty much any monster is when it comes down to it). I've just seen them ban so many equally easy to stop monsters that are far less powerful than that one that it's surprising it's still legal.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:58 pm 
Pokémon Champion

Well in the case of Witch, she's can easly get strong monsters to your hand, and since her effect activates when she hits the gy and 90% of the time she's played Facedown, not much can stop her and only Macro and it's spell brother will stop her gy effect.

Yata is too easy to build a deck to lock the other player from drawing and playing, Tribe for the ability to discard a card and destroy most of your field, Magican gets you any spell card you want...most mosters that are banned are because of their ability to easly have field controll with little effort. Same with the banned spell/trap.

Rainbow on the other hand is a fusion that isn't all that easy to bring out and only really found in 2 or 3 decks, most of which arn't even played cept for fun. You don't see Crystal Beast or Elemental Heros or the Elemental Spcian decks in the big turnaments unless played by a kid. And granted I'm not sure what cards Big City runs but I don't think they run it.

So the reason for Rainbow Neo's isn't banned is cause it's rarely ever played. Some of the banned weaker monsters can fit into alot of diffrent types of decks. So that's was my 2 cents worth :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2