It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:07 pm 
Gym Leader

Kaida wrote:
Josiah wrote:
Question for Astral and/or Kaida, does it snow anywhere in Australia?

I think I've answered this before, but its probably lost in lots of posts by now so...

Yes I does snow, pretty much every year in the mountains (Like the Snowy Mountains and Falls Creek [where I went skiing earlier this year]). I does snow in other places too, but weather it does depends on the weather in that particular area. It pretty much only snows in the southern states and is mostly confined to the South-East (New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania) while little snow falls in the South- West (South Australia and [Southern]Western Australia).

Just so it doesn't get lost amidst the Saying hi to Josiah thread again. ^_^

That spikes you when you pick it up

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:54 am 
Gym Leader

Doesn't anyone want to know ANYTHING about this awesome country?

ImageAylee(Vulithe) - Gender: Female; Type: Fire; Abilities: Flash Fire, Intimidate; Attacks: Ember, Bite, Tail Whip.
Bag: IC: 275

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:34 am 
Gym Leader

'Course I do. But most of it involves eating Vegemite, or actually visiting.

Swalectrode (Electric, Poison) Attacks: Yawn, Tackle, Sludge, Screech (Wins 5, Losses 0) Exp:30 Static&Liquid Ooze Status: Lost T.T

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:30 am 
Gym Leader

mmm.......Veeeeegemiiiiite...

I'd go and have some noe but I jsut had a cold chicken sammich. yum^^

ImageAylee(Vulithe) - Gender: Female; Type: Fire; Abilities: Flash Fire, Intimidate; Attacks: Ember, Bite, Tail Whip.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:34 pm 
Pokémon Master

What is vegemite anyway?

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:21 am 
Random Trainer

My biology teacher tells me that you have monster toads that grow almost to the size of a small dog, is this for real? Also, he mentioned something about rabbits, what's up with that?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:48 pm 
Pokémon Master

I've also heard of a cane toad infestation. How's that going?

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:14 pm 
Gym Leader

Okay: Vegemite is a spread that you put on toast, vita-weats... all sorts of stuff. You can also add it in cooking as a flavour booster etc. Basically it's a yeast extract and not many foreighn people like it. I do. but only if it;s done right:

Step 1: toast the bread
Step 2: immidiately after it pops, spread on thick layer of butter/margerine
Step 3: this should melt almost immediately, so add the Vegemite in a THIN layer as soon as possible.
Step 4: Nom and enjoy

Cane toads the size of small dogs.. Um.. I think there was one reported. Not sure. Personally haven't seen any that size. And I think the infestation's been going for years.. maybe decades.. so I don't really notice it. *shrug*

And Rabbits... well it depends on what your teacher said.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:56 pm 
Random Trainer

Well my teacher said that they breed like mad and really took to Australia, and apparently now rabbits to Australia are rats to New York, but that's just what he's heard.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:04 pm 
Gym Leader

Tehre are a lot of rabbits int he country and stuff but I mean they're into getting into the city. But yes, they breed. That's why you're not allowed to have them as pets in Queensland v.v You need to have a licence to have them in ACT and you're only allowed 2 max. in NSW.

The problem was they destroyed a lot of crops in the farming regions and also built their warrens near cattle and livestok. If an animal stepped in the hole of the burrow then they could break their ankles and have to be euthenised. This cost farmers a lot of money.

The are also responsible for a lot of land erosion in Australia because they eat the plants and leave the topsoil exposed. I read this thing that claimed that this one guy was responsible for starting the plague by releasing some rabbits on his property (this was back in the 1800's with the first settlers) for hunting. So other people decided to as well.

"The introduction of a few rabbits could do little harm and might provide a touch of home, in addition to a spot of hunting" he said.

Famous last words.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:47 pm 
Gym Leader

I don't see many rabbit's in the city, I see more possums then rabbits, but i saw a couple every now and then in the country along with hares, And foxes, and feral cat's and dogs, and... you know I can't think of a single introduced animal that hasn't done harm to Aussie's natural environment and wildlife. (Humans being at the top of the list, except for the old Aboriginals that were here before us, from what I understand they looked after the environment.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:16 pm 
Gym Leader

If only we could all be more like that.'

But I still wish we could keep bunnies as pets. They're just so dang cute^^

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:12 am 
Pokémon Master

What is the #1 reason for a day off work in Australia?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:50 pm 
Gym Leader

Doodleshark wrote:

It's actually probably people calling in sick because their either sick or just don't want to work.
And although that clips funny, I like possums, their cute and cuddly (apart from the diseases and stuff)

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:39 pm 
Pokémon Master

Vegemite reminds me of Marmite.

Carry on.

My tunes :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next