It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:29 pm 
Offline
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:10 am
Posts: 4063
Location: Scarlet Devil Mansion, Gensokyo
What? Everyone was doing it. :sweat:

_________________
"OH MY DEAR HOLY SWEET GOD ON EARTH! NO FAIR!!! MRWAAAAA! " -Shauni after typoing a word, correcting it, then typoing the correction


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:35 pm 
Offline
Pokémon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 7:51 pm
Posts: 5485
Location: Lala land
Is it true that Quebec is trying to break away from Canada?

_________________
Image

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:47 pm 
Offline
Pokémon Master

Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 3:01 pm
Posts: 5270
Location: Calgary
Gardialvoir wrote:
Is it true that Quebec is trying to break away from Canada?
I'll answer that with a yes. Some 5 years ago there was a vote about that, and the results were like 50.3% want Quebec to Stay, 49.7% don't.

_________________
Image

My tunes :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:52 pm 
Offline
Pokémon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 7:51 pm
Posts: 5485
Location: Lala land
another question. does quebec have a language police like the one France has?

_________________
Image

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:05 pm 
Offline
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:10 am
Posts: 4063
Location: Scarlet Devil Mansion, Gensokyo
Gardialvoir wrote:
another question. does quebec have a language police like the one France has?


If you mean something that enforce standards of french in teachings and elsewhere then yes, it's the Office de la Langue Française.

Also the referendum Gar is referring to was in 1995.

_________________
"OH MY DEAR HOLY SWEET GOD ON EARTH! NO FAIR!!! MRWAAAAA! " -Shauni after typoing a word, correcting it, then typoing the correction


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:47 am 
Offline
Mew
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:57 pm
Posts: 25724
Location: Hawaii
Is Quebec that different from the rest of Canada that this can't be an ask about Canada thread?

_________________
Image

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:39 am 
Offline
Articuno
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:34 am
Posts: 6659
Location: Merseyside, England
Quote:
Okay, here is a question. I’ve seen it on America shows, you guys have ‘garage sales’ like on toy story two were you sell your stuff on your lawn, but here in the UK we have ‘boot sales’. These are when groups get together at a set location and sell all of there stuff like you do at garage sales, but they do it on little stalls, or like the name implies, from the boot (trunk) of there cars.

Is there anything like that in the USA? I’m not talking about professional sales, I mean my Jo average getting rid of his unwanted culture all meeting up at one place, like a market place when the market is not open, or a school playing field on a Sunday.


Taken from the US thread, but do you have anything like this in Quebec?

_________________
"BOW BEFORE THE SHAUNINESS THAT IS SHAUNI! "--Shadowman

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni


Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:10 pm 
Offline
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:10 am
Posts: 4063
Location: Scarlet Devil Mansion, Gensokyo
shauni wrote:
Quote:
Okay, here is a question. I’ve seen it on America shows, you guys have ‘garage sales’ like on toy story two were you sell your stuff on your lawn, but here in the UK we have ‘boot sales’. These are when groups get together at a set location and sell all of there stuff like you do at garage sales, but they do it on little stalls, or like the name implies, from the boot (trunk) of there cars.

Is there anything like that in the USA? I’m not talking about professional sales, I mean my Jo average getting rid of his unwanted culture all meeting up at one place, like a market place when the market is not open, or a school playing field on a Sunday.


Taken from the US thread, but do you have anything like this in Quebec?


Yes we have garage sales, except now I think they're only allowed 2 days a year.

Josiah wrote:
Is Quebec that different from the rest of Canada that this can't be an ask about Canada thread?


Yes.

_________________
"OH MY DEAR HOLY SWEET GOD ON EARTH! NO FAIR!!! MRWAAAAA! " -Shauni after typoing a word, correcting it, then typoing the correction


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:33 pm 
Offline
Random Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:16 pm
Posts: 1318
Location: BC, Canada
Cheezdude wrote:
Gardialvoir wrote:
Is it true that Quebec is trying to break away from Canada?
I'll answer that with a yes. Some 5 years ago there was a vote about that, and the results were like 50.3% want Quebec to Stay, 49.7% don't.

Last I heard the vote was somewhere around 70% for the Bloc, but I'm not sure if that's accurate. My question is why do so many people vote Bloc?

_________________
Image Image
Image Rania - Female; Type: Water, Grass; Abilities: Torrent, Overgrow; Attacks: Tackle, Curse, Razor Leaf, Bubble W/L = 5/0
Image Karst - Male; Type: Normal; Abilities: Keen Eye, Guts; Attacks: Tail Whip, Scratch, Defense Curl W/L = 2/0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:35 pm 
Offline
Pokémon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 7:51 pm
Posts: 5485
Location: Lala land
2 questions. why are you only allowed to have 2 garage sales every year, and how different is quebec from canada, aside from the french thing?

_________________
Image

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:10 pm 
Offline
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:10 am
Posts: 4063
Location: Scarlet Devil Mansion, Gensokyo
NabMaster wrote:
Cheezdude wrote:
Gardialvoir wrote:
Is it true that Quebec is trying to break away from Canada?
I'll answer that with a yes. Some 5 years ago there was a vote about that, and the results were like 50.3% want Quebec to Stay, 49.7% don't.

Last I heard the vote was somewhere around 70% for the Bloc, but I'm not sure if that's accurate. My question is why do so many people vote Bloc?


There is a difference between elections and a referendum. You're speaking of an election, I (and Cheez) spoke of the referendum.

Gardialvoir wrote:
2 questions. why are you only allowed to have 2 garage sales every year, and how different is quebec from canada, aside from the french thing?


Well for one Québec has different ancestors than most of the rest of Canada. For two the english tried to assimilate Québec since around two centuries and failed. For three we have poutine ^_^

Oh and I have no idea about the first question, beats me.

_________________
"OH MY DEAR HOLY SWEET GOD ON EARTH! NO FAIR!!! MRWAAAAA! " -Shauni after typoing a word, correcting it, then typoing the correction


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:39 am 
Offline
Mew
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:57 pm
Posts: 25724
Location: Hawaii
What's poutine?

_________________
Image

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:02 am 
Offline
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:10 am
Posts: 4063
Location: Scarlet Devil Mansion, Gensokyo
Take fries, add gravy then add cheese curds.
That's pretty much the basic of a poutine and it OWNS!

_________________
"OH MY DEAR HOLY SWEET GOD ON EARTH! NO FAIR!!! MRWAAAAA! " -Shauni after typoing a word, correcting it, then typoing the correction


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:35 pm 
Offline
Random Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:16 pm
Posts: 1318
Location: BC, Canada
Shadowman wrote:
Take fries, add gravy then add cheese curds.
That's pretty much the basic of a poutine and it OWNS!

It's true! It's the big seller in my high school's cafeteria, always has been!

_________________
Image Image
Image Rania - Female; Type: Water, Grass; Abilities: Torrent, Overgrow; Attacks: Tackle, Curse, Razor Leaf, Bubble W/L = 5/0
Image Karst - Male; Type: Normal; Abilities: Keen Eye, Guts; Attacks: Tail Whip, Scratch, Defense Curl W/L = 2/0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:22 pm 
Offline
Pokémon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 7:51 pm
Posts: 5485
Location: Lala land
Does Quebec, or Canada for that matter, have Halloween? If so, how different is it from Halloween in the US?

_________________
Image

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group