It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:21 pm 
Articuno

NintendoGamer wrote:
Quote:
I hate to point something obvious as well, but have you even watched the Hellsing anime? What characters have bad teeth in that? (except the vampires). Also, the anime Read or Die? Does Mister Joker have bad teeth?

honestly, no, I don't watch that much anime, I've only watched the really 'popular' or main ones, like pokemon, one piece, ext.

Have you ever seen Big Ben???

P.S. I love your new avvy :P

yes, yes I have...once. Also, in that Doctor Who ep were the spaceship crashed into it...lord that wasfun.

I've seen Big Ben in apassing, but we didnt go over. Here is something interesting you may not know as well, Big Ben is actualy the bell inside, not the clock tower itself

Also, for your enjoyment, British anime characters.

hellsing's sir integra

Read or Dies Mr joker

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:22 pm 
Articuno

Josiah wrote:
The bad teeth stereotype didn't come from anime. I think it was started by non-British fans of BBC programming and kind of spread into American and Candian pop-culture after that.

Bla...I guess the UK have done that to Americans as well, but The Simpson's doesnt really help the image :-P

"Shauni fell down a drainage ditch and died. That was the end of her pokemon journey. "--Shauni

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:17 pm 
Gym Leader

shauni wrote:
yes, yes I have...once. Also, in that Doctor Who episode were the spaceship crashed into it...lord that was fun.

I've seen Big Ben in a passing, but we didn't go over. Here is something interesting you may not know as well, Big Ben is actually the bell inside, not the clock tower itself.

Lol, that's actually kinda ironic, as, when I first head about B.B; I though it was the double-decker bus xD I guess we learn something new every day. :P

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:46 pm 
Mew

Thing is, we Americans know that The Simpsons is a parody / highly exaggerated stereotype of life in the US (as are most US sitcoms) and we enjoy it because of that. The problem is that, when people in other countries see The Simpsons and other US TV shows, they tend to take them a bit too seriously... But I suppose that's how it goes with most countries.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:37 pm 
Articuno

Nah, i know its a parody. i'm sure most of the UK do too. UK programs do that too. Just look at any of our Sopa Opras, or Mister been, or "the Royal Family". There are lost more that I could name that parody extreme/ stereotype UK people, but you might not have heard of them.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:50 pm 
Mew

I hope most of the UK knows its a parody. From what I learned in my Sociology of The Simpsons class, the general Australian view of The Simpsons was that it was a great show because the Americans were too stupid to realize that it was making fun of them. And then they threw a fit when The Simpsons Australia episode was aired. <.< (No offense to our Australian forum members, that just what was said in the text book.)

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:20 am 
Articuno

Quote:
I hope most of the UK knows it’s a parody. From what I learned in my Sociology of The Simpson’s class, the general Australian view of The Simpson’s was that it was a great show because the Americans were too stupid to realize that it was making fun of them. And then they threw a fit when The Simpson’s Australia episode was aired. (No offense to our Australian forum members, that just what was said in the text book.)

Gotta admit, I don’t like it so much when they poke fun at the British either, like the “Big Book of British Smiles”, but that’s life. (I haven’t seen the episode were the Simpson’s come to the UK either, so I can’t comment on it.) No one likes to be made fun off, but you just gotta shrug it of and enjoy the Simpson’s for what it is, a cartoon that makes fun of stereotypes. Eventually, the stereotype about everyone and anyone is going to be made fun off, People need to learn and relax and laugh at themselves

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:45 am 
Pokémon Master

shauni wrote:
Image]

OK, that's totally Kristoph Gavin from Phoenix Wright.

My tunes :-)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:35 am 
Articuno

I've never played so i don't know who that is, but hellsing has been around for YEARS.

Go to ROM the Comic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:27 am 
Pokémon Master

What are some of the steriotypes that the British have with other countries? I'm just being curious.

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9