It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:18 am 
Mew

Blastotoise wrote:
Do you watch new episodes of Naruto: Shippuuden when they come out?
And if so, where do i put in my special prize code that they give from time to time?

Nope. First off, I wouldn't understand everything so I don't know if I'd want to. But that's besides the point since I haven't really gotten very far in the Naruto anime anyway. I'm totally caught up on the US release of the manga but that still leaves me a bit behind compared to where the anime is right now in Japan.

My signature site. Because ripping off Silver's ideas is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:13 pm 
Pokémon Master

Did you catch taijin kyofusho yet?

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:27 am 
Mew

Gardialvoir wrote:
Did you catch taijin kyofusho yet?

Um... Maybe. I mean, I leave the TV on while I'm in my apartment a lot so I might have. Tell me what it is or give me a link or something and I'll get back to you. Would look it up myself but I'm running kinda late right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:35 pm 
Pokémon Master

It's not an anime or anything like that. Taijin kyofusho is a culture specific mental disorder that makes a person afraid of hurting or offending someone. Taijin kyofusho comes in 4 different variaties.

Sekimen-kyofu, the phobia of blushing
Shubo-kyofu, the phobia of a deformed body, similar to Body dysmorphic disorder
Jikoshisen-kyofu, the phobia of eye contact
Jikoshu-kyofu, the phobia of having foul body odor

"Dobby never meant to kill, only to...maim. Or seriously injure."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:05 am 
Mew

Oh. I'm fine, although considering how important it is to be extremely polite to everyone in Japan, I can certain where that would come from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:34 am 
Pokémon Legend

How big are the keyboards in Japan?

............ - Gender: Male; Type: Fighting, Flying; Abilities: Guts, Inner Focus; Attacks: Leech Life, Leer, Low Kick, Revenge. Level 15

Sudonette - Gender: Male; Type: Rock, Ghost; Abilities: Insomnia, Rock Head; Attacks: Knock Off, Copycat,Rock throw, Curse. level 5

Metarion(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Grass, Metal; Abilities: Shield Dust, Sturdy; Attacks: Metal Claw, Tackle, Mud-Slap, Headbutt. Level 8

Shieldyu(SDC) - Gender: Male; Type: Water, Ground; Abilities: Sturdy, Natural Cure; Attacks: Tackle, Protect, Rapid Spin, take down. Level 5

Lola - Gender: Female; Type: Psychic, Flying; Abilities: Inner Focus, Synchronize; Attacks: Teleport, Leech Life, Leer

Silver wrote:
I love you The n00b. You don't have to be jealous of actual n00bs. There's only room in my heart for you. I'm just... disappointed that you left me for so long. It was lonely... you promised you'd write to me, but you never did... the months passed by, and I still thought of you every day, but you never called. I never got any letters from you.

So eventually, I started to lose faith... I thought you had been killed in that terrible, terrible war. Or maybe that you had forgotten about me. It's been so long, you probably found another girl over there... I never stopped loving you, but I didn't think you cared about me anymore, so welcoming you back just would have been too painful for me... I'm sorry. I'm glad you've come back home *sniff*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:58 am 
Mew

About the same size as English keyboards. They only have a couple of extra keys. But some punctuation marks are in different spots, which makes them a pain to type on if you're not used to that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:58 pm 
Random Trainer

;-) someone said that in Japan people are really polite and can speck english really well,is that true???

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArtOfHeartStudio Twitter: https://twitter.com/ArtOfHeartStudi

DeviantART: http://kako-cakes.deviantart.com/ Official Website: http://www.artofheartstudio.wix.com/art ... lifeareone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:17 am 
Mew

Really polite? Yes, for the most part.

Speak good English? Definately not. Sure there's some who do, but the majority of people speak little to no English.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:43 pm 
Pokémon Master

Is stuff like this on TV a lot?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:55 am 
Mew

I didn't see a whole lot of rapping monsters, but outside of news, anime, and period dramas, Japanese TV is pretty weird.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:46 pm 
Pokémon Master

Okay, two things:

1. I've heard that in Japan squid ink is sometimes used as a substitute for tomato sauce on pizza. Have you seen this, and if so, how often?

2. Have you seen any of those crazy super-toilets with the heated seats and stuff? ;-D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:10 pm 
Mew

1. Squid ink is used in food sometimes. I don't think I ever saw it replacing tomato sauce on a pizza though. However, it's quite common to substitute mayonnaise for tomato sauce on pizza. >-P

2. Yeah, I saw some of those toilets. They seem to be fairly common in hotels and I'd bet a lot of houses. Public restrooms and cheap apartments (like mine), not so much.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:36 pm 
Pokémon Master

What part of Japan did you go to, Josiah?

Grandpa (who is Japanese) used to live in Osaka but he moved here. So I'm only curious.

Trophy Case:
Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:25 am 
Gym Leader

Josiah wrote:
2. Yeah, I saw some of those toilets. They seem to be fairly common in hotels and I'd bet a lot of houses. Public restrooms and cheap apartments (like mine), not so much.

They are in quite a few modern houses (not so sure about older houses). But I'd say most of them would only have one unless the family is particularly wealthy. The one I stayed with had two toilets and only one of them had all the fancy stuff (heated toilet seat, toilet cover that automatically went up as entering the room, auto flushing etc.)

That spikes you when you pick it up

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next